• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Yeah I've never seen him play DM

I almost forgot Thiago played for Bayern.

he plays in the midfield for austria. and some years ago he said that he prefers to play in the midfield.

to be fair. he'spretty offensive for a LB already. juve felt that 1 years ago.

operon

temp fantasy team
team%20alpha.PNG
Team name this year is Koptimism low

Barzul

One thing I've always loved about Pep's teams is the relentless pressing. I don't know how he does it, but I'd love to see Arsenal play that way without the ball.

"the players are terrified of him"

I was joking though, he's obviously a top coach. But it will be interesting to see how some of the players respond to him off the pitch. I doubt Rooney wants to be told to have a look at the keeper before shooting. He'll have learned that 20 years ago.

jtb

Banned
One thing I've always loved about Pep's teams is the relentless pressing. I don't know how he does it, but I'd love to see Arsenal play that way without the ball.

I think we know how he does it.

Not that that's a reason not to want him.

Jarnet87

Is the United game going to be streamed on their site?

here in the states Fox Sports 1 is showing the game at 11 EST. Not sure about elsewhere. Interesting if that rumor about LVG going 3-5-2 is true. Lets him see our 3 CBs right away, and Valencia and Shaw in both defending/attacking roles. So much for Shinji starting lol, maybe he'll come on for Mata or one of the strikers.

L1NETT

Vorm to Spurs is a strange one

He's way too good to be second fiddle and unless Hugo has plans dunno what is gonna happen

rvy

Banned
Casillas to Arsenal is ridiculous. Why would anyone ever do that. They have a better shot at Chezknee becoming great than Casillas returning to form.

wedward

That's basically the sentiment though, let's not pretend. Possession football doesn't work, Pep is one-dimensional, overrated etc etc. I thought the post-CL semis response was just a knee-jerk but it seems to have stuck.

Think it's more that people are bored with his style.

I'd rather have Klopp's heavy metal.

omgkitty

Casillas to Arsenal is ridiculous. Why would anyone ever do that. They have a better shot at Chezknee becoming great than Casillas returning to form.

Plus we're getting Ospina. Why they insist on running this story over and over again is ridiculous.

Think it's more that people are bored with his style.

I'd rather have Klopp's heavy metal.

Plus, I think Klopp's style is actually closer than Wenger's old tactics back when we had the Invincible's than we have now.

wedward

Let me introduce you to the mystical world of 'inference'.

He won the league by 30 points.

Arsenal haven't won the league in 10 years.

I don't think Arsenal fans are worried about his ability to win trophies.

omgkitty's comment came after I commented on that formation and then he clarified and said his issue was playing players out of position.

He won the league by 30 points.

Arsenal haven't won the league in 10 years.

I don't think Arsenal fans are worried about his ability to win trophies.

omgkitty's comment came after I commented on that formation and then he clarified and said his issue was playing players out of position.

You trying to say Gibbs wouldn't make a good DM m8?

ryan-ts

Klopp or Pep would be great...

But what if neither want to come to Arsenal? What if no one wants to coach Arsenal and the team folds? Good God... what if Wenger retires next year and we're stuck with Moyes?

wedward

Klopp or Pep would be great...

But what if neither want to come to Arsenal? What if no one wants to coach Arsenal and the team folds? Good God... what if Wenger retires next year and we're stuck with Moyes?

Wenger will see out his 3 year deal and I suspect if we win something within the next 3 years, sign another extension. His life is Arsenal and seems to be pretty damn healthy.

I doubt we get a big name as our next manager.

BtQGb7uIYAEfro5.jpg

FFP? Je ne comprends pas.

Cavani gone.

L1NETT

I doubt we get a big name as our next manager.

I think in 3 years so much will have changed there will be names only a few people would have heard of rise to prominence

I think Klopp will at some point come to England, but I don't think he is any rush at all. When the opportunity arises, perhaps he'll take the United job. (Does Mou still want that job or has that ship sailed?)

Bit premature to be having this convo. But tis always fun to speculate

D_prOdigy

I love Van Gaal so much already. Can he stay forever?

Imagine if he ended up at Spurs?

Christ.

Such a tragedy we averted.

Thanks to #Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom