• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campbell isn't going to get many games.

Bookmark this post.

Is that Joel Campbell from Costa Rica?

Dude looked completely unimpressive in the World Cup. He couldn't maintain possession of the ball, made a lot of pointless sprints up front (tired himself out for no gain), and didn't look remotely read to play 90 minutes of football. I couldn't tell if he was injured or out of shape, but he looked so clueless and out of place up front. I admittedly have never seen him play at the club level, but is he supposed to be any good?

He strikes me as the kind of player who tries to disguise a complete lack of skill by hustling around senselessly. I hate that type.

omgkitty

Is that Joel Campbell from Costa Rica?

Dude looked completely unimpressive in the World Cup. He couldn't maintain possession of the ball, made a lot of pointless sprints up front, and didn't look remotely read to play 90 minutes of football. I couldn't tell if he was injured or out of shape, but he looked so clueless and out of place up front. I admittedly have never seen him play at the club level, but is he supposed to be any good?

Costa Rica was sitting back and just hoofed the ball up the field to him while he waited for Bryan Ruiz to run up and join in attack. He also played almost all of every game, including two matches that went into extra time.

Costa Rica was sitting back and just hoofed the ball up the field to him while he waited for Bryan Ruiz to run up and join in attack. He also played almost all of every game, including two matches that went into extra time.

That's true, he was all alone up there. But I was just shocked that he was playing as their true number nine considering his lack of ability on the ball. Maybe he fits well in a better tactical system, but I wouldn't give him an ounce of credit for how surprisingly far Costa Rica advanced.

L1NETT

For 4.0, easy decision. I might even want a second 4.0 defender, will have to see who is a regular in that price range.

Only thing is WBA gonna concede a bucket load of goals

But is cheap and chips and will probably get minutes so he's a good shout

Apologies, probably my laziness, but haven't seen you around here much before. Who do you support?

We need more lowerleaguefaces

omgkitty

That's true, he was all alone up there. But I was just shocked that he was playing as their true number nine considering his lack of ability on the ball. Maybe he fits well in a better tactical system, but I wouldn't give him an ounce of credit for how surprisingly far Costa Rica advanced.

For Olympiakos, he played mostly on the right hand side, so I'm not really sure how much he's played up top as a loan striker.

For Olympiakos, he played mostly on the right hand side, so I'm not really sure how much he's played up top as a loan striker.

Fair enough. I hate lone striker formations. Even if you have and an attack-minded midfield, you still have to hold the ball and wait for them to shift forward. Not only that, but you can't place any pressure on the other team if they decide to go full tiki-taka with their back four and waste a bunch of time.

rvy is dead

Perspective please guys

Fuck football

xNpog5Y.gif

What did he do?

oupi

Only thing is WBA gonna concede a bucket load of goals

But is cheap and chips and will probably get minutes so he's a good shout

Apologies, probably my laziness, but haven't seen you around here much before. Who do you support?

We need more lowerleaguefaces

They will yeah, but I'm looking to play 3-4-3 so I need two cheap defenders and one cheap midfielder. Getting a second 4.0 defender would free up funds elsewhere.

I don't particularly support a team, I'll support any player that plays a great game. Except Joey Barton, that guy is a dick.

Aye, thought it was a bit presumptuous myself.

Especially considering they haven't played a minute of football under him and all we've seen is Louis telling Rooney to put the ball in the net.

Agreed. I hope we finish 4th. A couple of new signings would be good for that push.

And we lost a United bro :(
WJD :(

Hixx

Last night we played Carlisle. 0-0, we were arse. 11 subs, our u21s came on, won 1-0, battered them.

Tonight we played Hartlepool. 0-0, we were ok. 11 subs, our u21s came on, won 3-0.

omgkitty

Sam ‏@samuelJayC

Debuchy, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, OX, Özil, Podolski, Giroud, Alexis, Gnabry, Campbell, Sanogo all missing from #AFC trip to NYRB.

BtQWJO1CcAAAwMq.jpg

Dat defense.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gylfi. :(

Clutch player, I'm sad to see him go. He'll do really well at Swansea. It's a good deal for all parties though.

Linius

Dude posted disparaging remarks about an entire portion of his country's population, then doubled (and tripled) down. That never flies on GAF. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a perm.

Not so smart. Killed like Benfica in a European finale. No offense Lambda honey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom