• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitch I'll go QoP

Main advice is don't waste mana or her Ult

The Ult is fantastic for ending teamfights, but has a pretty long cooldown unless you buy an Aghanims Sceptre

If there's a teamfight developing, try to keep your distance, peppering enemies with poison arrows, then move in with the Ult and use her teleporting ability to get out of trouble if it goes wrong and you end up under attack

omgkitty

lol is Sanogo injured again? I don't think he was in the French World Cup squad...

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

omgkitty

Here's an idea, we should loan Cavani with an option to buy next year. take his wages off PSG's books for this season.

LOL let's do it. They certainly have no problems with it and Wenger has PSG connections.

Edit:

Spanish Gooner ‏@ElSpanishGooner 2m

According to @RobertoBonafont Cavani's agent is now in London having talks and looking for options for a transfer to the Premier League.

SHIIIITTTTTTT DO IT WENGER DO ITTTTTT

LegoArmo

If United plan on playing 3 at the back, they need another 2 centre backs, just for depth. I personally believe Jones and Evans are good enough, Smalling probably isn't. So 1 starter, and 1 extra back up/option.

Here's an idea, we should loan Cavani with an option to buy next year. take his wages off PSG's books for this season.

No they're desperate to sell now because of FFP. Next season's no use to them.

In fact they're trying to loan Di Maria for this season and then buy him outright next season for €60m such is their desperation.

Salvadora

Are you kidding? He's like the perfect striker for Arsenal which is why I'd hate for him to go there.
I'm being serious.

Wenger isn't going to make another signing of that type because of how he views Sanchez,

United have RVP, Chelsea have Costa/Torres, and City have Aguero/Dzeko.

The only English club that would be interested in signing Cavani is Liverpool, and he probably wouldn't want to go there.

I know he's team-mates of Suarez but I don't think he is a big enough cunt to play for Chelsea (the stupid hair and not turning up to training brings him close but its just not enough), I can't see United or Arsenal spending that much on a forward although why do you think he wouldn't want to go to Liverpool?

If they signed him, i'd be inclined to think they might get CL again this year (or maybe even compete)

I doubt he will get a Premier League move this summer unless someone did something crazy

Chelsea have Costa/Torres

Salva pls, don't include Torres, he doesn't count

Barzul

Why doesn't he just put it on his laptop/tablet?
Probably doesn't care how he watches it.

I know he's team-mates of Suarez but I don't think he is a big enough cunt to play for Chelsea (the stupid hair and not turning up to training brings him close but its just not enough), I can't see United or Arsenal spending that much on a forward although why do you think he wouldn't want to go to Liverpool?

If they signed him, i'd be inclined to think they might get CL again this year (or maybe even compete)

I doubt he will get a Premier League move this summer unless someone did something crazy

Salva pls, don't include Torres, he doesn't count

Haven't you heard? No one wants to live in Liverpool.

wedward

I'm being serious.

Wenger isn't going to make another signing of that type because of how he views Sanchez,

I wouldn't be so sure. Don't think Wenger would have any problem sticking Alexis on the wing if he brought in a real striker.

Won't happen because of money.

sohois

Liverpool don't need Cavani. He doesn't fit in a 2 striker system and it's a complete waste to bring him in when Sturridge is already available as first choice striker.It would be a misappropriation of resources

I'm being serious.

Wenger is certainly interested in signing Cavani, he has been in the past. Whether or not he does is a different thing entirely though. Too high wages.

Salvadora

Because he was basically the official spokesperson for the #FreeSuarez campaign and would look at Liverpool unfavourably due to a number of factors.

omgkitty

I wouldn't be so sure. Don't think Wenger would have any problem sticking Alexis on the wing if he brought in a real striker.

Won't happen because of money.

I think it comes down to money and need. PSG NEED money right now. If the player is desperate to leave, and Arsene thinks he can get a good deal for Cavani, I think it might happen. Wenger has bought players we didn't need in the past because he got them for cheap, and could be the case here. Still don't think it will happen, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Danchi

Unless Liverpool throw oligarch money around, they would need to prove they can consistently qualify for the Champions League/compete for trophies before players in the top bracket would be willing to join them.

Liverpool have signed some solid players this year and a good prospect in Markovic. Not too dissimilar to the standard of players Tottenham were bringing in last season.

In my mind, this isn't even remotely controversial, but I'm imagining people giving me shit for this...

Barzul

Would City sell Nastasic? Can't see them letting him go.

Home grown rule issues says they could. The telling point would be will they sell to us. I wonder if they see us as a real threat for the title this season. If we sign a DM before trying to sign him, they probably will see it that way.

Because he was basically the official spokesperson for the #FreeSuarez campaign and would look at Liverpool unfavourably due to a number of factors.

Liverpool (for some reason, well I know the reason but stupidly) backed him to the high heavens when he did all his stupid shit with biting and racism and all that other stuff, I don't think that would put him off. He'd be a massive fish in a moderately sized pond, perhaps he would like that.

Barzul

I think it comes down to money and need. PSG NEED money right now. If the player is desperate to leave, and Arsene thinks he can get a good deal for Cavani, I think it might happen. Wenger has bought players we didn't need in the past because he got them for cheap, and could be the case here. Still don't think it will happen, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Geoff says we bid 30m for Cavani while he was at Napoli.

Roma bought him for £17m. Imo they'll only sell for a hefty profit. Think closer to £30m may be necessary. These are obv just guesses, but he had a very good season until he got injured and he's on a long contract.

Thought it was 17 million euros?

I think if LVG wants him the move will get sanctioned. The thing with Vidal it has seemed like we never knew what LVG actually wanted. Strootman we know he is a big fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom