• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappe

You guys really think Balotelli will be the main striker and not Sturridge? Sturridge is a better footballer than Balotelli any day. Balotelli should be a backup to him.

Arnie

He HAS to be the main man. He will be at Liverpool, but he wouldn't have been at Chelsea.
No.

Sturridge is our main man just as Costa is yours.
You guys really think Balotelli will be the main striker and not Sturridge? Sturridge is a better footballer than Balotelli any day. Balotelli should be a backup to him.
Quote the people, rather than a blanket "you guys" because not everyone thinks that.

Sturridge is Liverpool's proven number one striker. Balotelli will support. They will play in a two or across a three and they will shift about but make no mistake about it, Sturridge is our top boy.

noal

Banned
City have installed LED advertisement thingies on level 2 of the Etihad. No more flags :(

DC, if you are interested in that kind of thing I go to a website which has all the latest pictures and discussion on stadium renovations and expansions.

Skyscrapercity.com

GQman2121

Banned
Rodgers is going to play whomever he thinks gives the club the best chance to win whatever game is in front of them. I'm sure they'll both see plenty of time together this season.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
As much as I hate Liverpool getting him I love having Mario back, characters in the league are fun, we have alot of fun people. Best league.

Salvadora

You're right, but I still can't see it happening. I think you'll wait until Jan for Cavani.
I don't think Wenger looks at the CF position as an area of weakness or, at least, as a priority area to strengthen.

It's the 21st of August and the only rumblings we've heard are about a CB, in addition to a DM if one is available.

Zabojnik

*soz for the combo of off-topic posts*

Zabo, here's your variety bb

cdauyu.gif

it's quite clear that they're keeping the other areas under wraps

Hype at maximum. I've mixed feeling about playing it on the PS4. On one hand ... big screen, comfy couch, on the other ... FPS / IQ probably less than ideal.

Arnie seems to think it'll all work out for the best, I trust him.

LAM09

Sturridge has scored 36 goals in 50 games for us. He'll be our main CF.

Then your vision is distorted.

Look at the numbers.

I wouldn't swap Sturridge for Costa.

Edit: word coming from the Echo is £90k pw for Balo. Thought it was going to be much more than that.

Not sure how you can go on numbers, as Balo hasn't even played a match yet. He could easily outscore Sturridge.

Regarding Sturridge over Costa. There is no way in hell, I would want him over Costa.

jtb

Banned
I can see Cavani being available. Di Maria goes to PSG, Cavani is blocked both on the wing and up front. I don't really buy that PSG are grooming him as Ibra's successor because they have the money to just go out and buy whoever the new hot striker next summer or whenever Ibra declines. But I also don't see Wenger willing to spend 50m+ on him.

I don't think Wenger looks at the CF position as an area of weakness or, at least, as a priority area to strengthen.

It's the 21st of August and the only rumblings we've heard are about a CB, in addition to a DM if one is available.

While I agree that Wenger probably is not looking for a striker, this is crazy considering we desperately bid for at least three strikers last summer and I don't see why last season would convince anyone that Giroud is the striker we need. If Wenger is truly sold on Sanchez playing up front, then that means we need another wide player.

Best

Sturridge was so hilariously shit in Brazil I'm still not sure he's time at Liverpool hasn't all been luck and playing alongside Suarez. I mean he scored at the weekend but that was a fuckboy tap in goal scored because Clyne's an idiot.

Oh, ArsenalGAF

@LAM, none of us know what squad role we have in store for Balotelli, but you can safely assume that he won't be pushing Sturridge to the periphery.

@above, ironic username ahoy

Mastadon

Banned

Is it still presumed that Sanchez will be used as a striker? He's not been played there yet right?

omgkitty

Well we supposedly signed Sanchez to play there...I just don't know. I feel like it would make more sense to just leave him out wide and put someone else in the middle, but maybe he'll start playing there and banging them in. You never know.

Fergie

Banned
BID WOODY BID

Fuck
This agent may be trying it.

Is he any good? Where does he play?
CM/CDM, I think. Never watched or heard of him other than today.

http://youtu.be/DRUsc-wjejo

Sturridge was so hilariously shit in Brazil I'm still not sure he's time at Liverpool hasn't all been luck and playing alongside Suarez. I mean he scored at the weekend but that was a fuckboy tap in goal scored because Clyne's an idiot.
You'll do well here.

dc89

DC, if you are interested in that kind of thing I go to a website which has all the latest pictures and discussion on stadium renovations and expansions.

Skyscrapercity.com

Thanks Noal :D

0i2BtrK.jpg

It's technically amazing how they are doing the expansion.

And look at all the land. All that potential.

Arnie

Not sure how you can go on numbers, as Balo hasn't even played a match yet. He could easily outscore Sturridge.

Regarding Sturridge over Costa. There is no way in hell, I would want him over Costa.
Sturridge has scored 36 goals in 50 games. He's fucking phenomenal. He rarely sits quietly in games and has won us a huge amount of points at crucial periods. He's technically better than Costa, quicker, more flexible and far less of a cunt.

Tell you what, let's make this fair, if Costa reaches 36 goals for Chelsea in his first 50 games I'll change my avatar to Diego Costa for six months.

If he doesn't you go Django with a silent D?

Eal?

You know the rest of the England team didn't look so hot either, I don't think it's fair to single out Sturridge. I do agree though that Suarez was one of the reasons that Sturridge did so well last season.

Arnie

Christ alive.

RiggyRob

As much as I hate Liverpool getting him I love having Mario back, characters in the league are fun, we have alot of fun people. Best league.

I'll appreciate Balotelli if he doesn't score against us/gets himself sent off just in time for our games. Then again, our record against Liverpool is abysmal anyway, Balotelli would just add a touch of madness.

LAM09

@LAM, none of us know what squad role we have in store for Balotelli, but you can safely assume that he won't be pushing Sturridge to the periphery.

That's a proper answer. Some people think it is a forgone conclusion that Sturridge will be the main man. That isn't the case.

jtb

Banned
Theo deserves a chance to play in the middle before Sanchez.

He's not the type of player who would be able to create chances on his own playing up front because he's not particularly tall, strong, don't really know if he can hold up the ball well but I doubt it, etc. but with the players behind him, he's never been better equipped to succeed as a striker. provided Wenger is willing to modify our game plan to his (and Ozil's) strengths.

but either one would be preferable to Giroud, obviously.

Yen

While I think this is an awful post, I just love people making judgements on Liverpool players, in the Brendan Battleship, based on Roy Hodgson's England.

@clegg, I bought Saga 2 over Fables 5 yesterday, a toss up between the two. Will go HAM when the student loan comes in.

Scum

Usho! What are you feeding Kane? 😁

Not so fast!

And Hull is actually not on at the bottom of the hour. In fact, none of the Europa matches are on TV here in the US. It's no wonder people don't give a shit about the competition.

Club genius. He's been around long enough to know what the people want. The reception she receives during games from supporters is incredibly embarrassing for her I'm sure. I hope she does it.

I'll let you off this time, Soldado.

LAM09

Sturridge has scored 36 goals in 50 games. He's fucking phenomenal. He rarely sits quietly in games and has won us a huge amount of points at crucial periods. He's technically better than Costa, quicker, more flexible and far less of a cunt.

Tell you what, let's make this fair, if Costa reaches 36 goals for Chelsea in his first 50 games I'll change my avatar to Diego Costa for six months.

If he doesn't you go Django with a silent D?

Eal?

Na, that's ok. You might like it or not, but Suarez got you CL football IMO. He carried the team for a large part of the season.

In addition, what did Sturridge do at City and Chelsea?

wedward

At some point I just want to see:

Ox Sanchez Theo

I know Ox doesn't normally play on the left, but all that pace would be fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom