• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
10632458_316890498491821_1266373497_n.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqimlFcJsM

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So why was Balo so cheap? Was he not that good at Milan?

Mastadon

Banned
Sturridge was so hilariously shit in Brazil I'm still not sure he's time at Liverpool hasn't all been luck and playing alongside Suarez. I mean he scored at the weekend but that was a fuckboy tap in goal scored because Clyne's an idiot.

ok m8

And it is Sturridge, rather than PFA Player of the Year Suarez, who has done most to get Liverpool to this point.

Suarez has scored more Premier League goals this campaign than Sturridge – 30 to 20 – and the Uruguayan also finds the net more frequently – with a goal every 92.8 minutes, compared with 105.5 minutes.

But the England star's goals have engineered more points and arrived in more desperate scenarios. Five of his 20 have come when Liverpool were behind in a match, while, quite remarkably, Suarez has managed that only once).

Further, when you subtract Sturridge’s goals from final scorelines it shows they have accounted for 18 points. For Suarez, that tally is 15 points. So despite playing fewer minutes (2,110 to 2,784), Sturridge has had greater impact in this aspect.

Allied to this is Sturridge’s ability to perform against the division’s bigger teams. Clearly, Suarez is no slouch but the average position of teams he has scored against is 14th in the table, while for Sturridge it is 11th.

Sturridge has also scored a significantly higher proportion of his goals against Liverpool’s direct rivals with 20 per cent of his total coming against teams in the top six. For Suarez, who failed to score against City, Chelsea, or Arsenal this season, that figure is 16.7 per cent

Salvadora

At some point I just want to see:

Ox Sanchez Theo

I know Ox doesn't normally play on the left, but all that pace would be fun to watch.
I'd be a bit worried about how miniature that would be with Ozil playing behind Alexis.

Giroud has a big physical presence, both defensively and offensively.

Basically we need a big midfield enforcer.

Arnie

Na, that's ok. You might like it or not, but Suarez got you CL football IMO. He carried the team for a large part of the season.

In addition, what did Sturridge do at City and Chelsea?
Jesus fuck.

You're an alright guy but honestly we're not on the same wave length when it comes to talking football. We have completely different views on the game and instead of banging our heads against the wall let's just swerve it altogether.

Sorry dude, adios.

oh, I thought you were asking for Isco to Liverpool :lol

Since I have you here, how familiar are you with the ticket buying process for a Milan match @ home?

Assuming your talking about Milan-Juventus game, are you buying online? There are ticket offices at the san siro itself.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kane's finish tonight was sexual, he's going to be so good. Match winning assist at the weekend and a match winning goal today.

We were shit tonight until Dembele and Lamela came on, Paulinho gets worse every game. I would sell him right now because his value is only going to get lower.

Jarnet87

Looks like its between Inter and United for Lucas Silva. Please god let us have a DM. Even if it turns out he sucks at least we'll have those few weeks/months of joy that we added a DM for the first time since Keane.

Fergie

Banned
Looks like its between Inter and United for Lucas Silva. Please god let us have a DM. Even if it turns out he sucks at least we'll have those few weeks/months of joy that we added a DM for the first time since Keane.
Probably miles better than Clev too.

Anything for depth.

Mastadon

Banned
It irks me to no end that Studge has scored more goals in 50 games than Suarez, Torres, Owen, Fowler etc and people still manage to underrate him.

Na, that's ok. You might like it or not, but Suarez got you CL football IMO. He carried the team for a large part of the season.

In addition, what did Sturridge do at City and Chelsea?
Dude

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

Pls stop :( there is no need to hate on Sturridge to try and save face. We fucked up by letting him go, it's okay. It's fine to admit it. Embrace it like I have

pulga

Banned
Assuming your talking about Milan-Juventus game, are you buying online? There are ticket offices at the san siro itself.

Yup! Online preferable, or do you think I could just show up on the day before the game and get a couple?

Where the fuck is Herr K anyway, he's the one who talked me into this and he's doing FUCK ALL to help

K1LLER7

Sturridge is class. Hoped Welbeck would be like him but he lacks the finishing.

Penny dropped with Django following his move to Liverpool. Everything just clicked for him.

LAM09

Jesus fuck.

You're an alright guy but honestly we're not on the same wave length when it comes to talking football. We have completely different views on the game and instead of banging our heads against the wall let's just swerve it altogether.

Sorry dude, adios.

Thanks for the compliement, I guess.

I might be mistaken, but I am sure this is our first proper discussion?

I rate the guy for sure, and happy he has finally been given a chance to show what he can offer. I just don't think he will do too well this season.

Scum

Kane's finish tonight was sexual, he's going to be so good. Match winning assist at the weekend and a match winning goal today.

We were shit tonight until Dembele and Lamela came on, Paulinho gets worse every game. I would sell him right now because his value is only going to get lower.

Paulinho has value? 😒

Yen

What are you trying to say? I hope it's not that you think he's better than any of those players were/are.
I'd definitely say he's better than Torres (at Liverpool) and Owen. Too young to comment on Fowler, and I'll be happy to judge him against Suarez when Sturridge has played for us for 3 1/2 years, considering how slow Suarez was getting up to speed on his first 18 months and how great Daniel has been in his (of course, he has the benefit of the Battleship)

LAM09

Not much. He's a fantastic player though. Any idea that he's just waiting to revert to Chelsea-form is wishful thinking tbh. 50 games isn't a purple patch

I hope he doesn't at all, mate. It is good to see English talent thriving, but this season will be a big one for him perosnally.

Dude

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

Pls stop :( there is no need to hate on Sturridge to try and save face. We fucked up by letting him go, it's okay. It's fine to admit it. Embrace it like I have

I agree it was a mistake letting him go, but he wanted to play as a CF for us. I never saw that happening. No doubt, we might be having the same discussion about Lukaku in a few years to come.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

just had an interesting conversation with a GoT book reader

Book reader: Oh you like GoT?
Me: Yes I love it!
Book reader: who's your favourite character?
Me: [censored]
Book reader: [censored] dies next season
Me:...oh :( well..
Book reader: but I can't tell you about [censored] without mentioning [censored] fate first
Me: It's...fine, I'll watch it on the show
Book reader: No but [more spoilers]

amazing :lol

Hype at maximum. I've mixed feeling about playing it on the PS4. On one hand ... big screen, comfy couch, on the other ... FPS / IQ probably less than ideal.

It doesn't matter Zabster <3 Not in DS

jtb

Banned
Sanogo is still young and would get exhausted doing what Giroud does (and did last season).

the only part of Sanogo's game that is lacking (compared to Giroud) right now is his scoring. once he scores that first league goal and gets over that mental block, I fear for Giroud's Arsenal career. Sanogo's hold-up play, despite being comical to watch, has actually really impressed me whenever he's played. and Bould can teach him how to defend corners, so I'm not too concerned about that.

Dammit Yen

You reminded me of the disparity between Suarez's ability and his goalscoring in that first full season.

That finishing.....

that finishing.........................................

No wonder we won like 2 games after the Carling Cup scrape

FYI Sevilla news
Gameiro out for 6 weeks,
And Monchi working his magic with Tremoulinas, initial bid of 5 reduced to 2.5, transfer is almost complete from Dinamo Kiev.

I love Monchi, Tremoulinas future City defender 30M + Silva. 2016 make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom