• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

We have a good GK who's only getting better, a solid defense with one of the best partnerships in the league, a midfield who can beat anyone on their day, and then....

The SPORT Bible ‏@TSBible 5m

Man City - Aguero, Dzeko
Man United - RvP, Rooney
Liverpool - Sturridge, Balotelli
Chelsea - Costa, Drogba

Arsenal - Giroud, Sanogo

We have a good GK who's only getting better, a solid defense with one of the best partnerships in the league, a midfield who can beat anyone on their day, and then....

Man City - Aguero, Dzeko
Man United - RvP, Rooney
Chelsea - Costa, Drogba

Arsenal - Giroud, Sanogo

Dammit Wengy plsss buy a striker

Barzul

Balotelli is a good signing. I don't really think his attitude is that much of a problem, but he is wildly inconsistent. Low risk, high reward. Good for Liverpool.

I distinctly remember you saying you wouldn't want Balotelli. What is this now?

Gibbo

people still sleep in tops?

I'm tempted to buy it. It's quite the difference from previous shirts, enough for me to justify the purchase. Looks nice and comfortable too.

I'm still gutted I couldn't get one of those Special Edition shirts that were worn last Summer for a brief period in preseason. Only a bunch were ever released and they were so fucking sexy. Even the plain white ones used in some preseason games this Summer are real nice too.

Newcastle never release the best shirts. Always use the shitty ones for their away/third kits.

Yup- i HATE the little gold strips at the tip of the sleeves though - very unsightly.

I actually like the previous season's Yellow away kit. Not sure why they went for a godawful grey this season

sestrugen

Man City - Aguero, Dzeko
Man United - RvP, Rooney
Chelsea - Costa, Drogba

Arsenal - Giroud, Sanogo

We don't stand a chance :(

Labadal

LOL! Friends are sending me messages lke: Are you happy now? Pleased? You got what you wanted.

This is in regards to Mario B. I said the day we sold Suarez that I wanted Mario B to be his replacement.

Iambrandanrodgers

ShogunX

We've gone from the second worst transfer window of all time -

xSmWNVf.jpg

To - Markovic, Balotelli, Lallana, Can, Lovren, Moreno, Manquillo, Lambert, Origi

In the space of a few years. Thank fuck for Rodgers.

jtb

Banned
I distinctly remember you saying you wouldn't want Balotelli. What is this now?

I changed my mind on whether or not he's a dressing room cancer. I figure... failing as a young player under Mourinho and Mancini says less about him as it does about Mourinho and Mancini.

I still think he's not a particularly good player because he'll have one game where he looks like a world beater to 9 others where he looks average. But at 15m (and with a proven alternative in Sturridge), I think it's a shrewd buy for Liverpool. if it works out, they have two great strikers. if it doesn't, they have one. we don't have that margin of error, I'd much rather buy a proven commodity.

Good bit of business for Liverpool. Signed a player who has an amazing scoring record for his club for 3 million less than that club paid to get him.

Still, what is it with Liverpool and controversial strikers?

As a Liverpool fan I am fucking chuffed that we agreed a fee for Balotelli.

16m is a steal for someone of his quality and he is fucking hilarious to boot.

Plus it annoys my friends who support Arsenal and Man United so win-win

Meier

Hard to say. Depends on how fit Aguero is.
Personally, I think Jojo will start.

I kind of wonder if Sergio does and goes 60 minutes or so. But I agree, it'll probably be Jovetic and Dzeko for at least one more, maybe two more weeks.

Arnie

Falcao would only go somewhere for the year, assuming Real take him next summer.

Can't see Arsenal doing what we were prepared to do regarding fees for a single season. Wenger won't pay £20 million for a year-long stopgap.

Cavani would be the one, but that isn't happening considering the Ibra situation.

I think it's Sanogo and Giroud for the season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Shit first half from Spurs, Paulinho and Soldado were pathetic. It's embarrassing that they can't even handle a game like this.

Salvadora

It's Giroud, Walcott, Sanchez, and Sanogo basically.

Theo has really bulked up over his injury so could be building up to play there more frequently. One thing is for sure, Alexis won't play on the right when he's fit.

Mastadon

Banned
Arsene balked at paying a few million to get Sahin on loan for the year. Admittedly a different class of player, but like Arnie said it would be well out of character.

jtb

Banned
We should get Di Maria. love him, could have gotten him last summer, now he wants to leave, I don't see why not (other than the minor issue that his value has doubled this past season).

Di Maria + Remy + Schneiderlin. just tack on an extra 100m or so worth of summer spending and we should win the league, I think.

GQman2121

Banned
What's the last summer in recent memory that added so much quality to the Premier League? I'm struggling to think of one that's even close to comparable.

Saurez is the only true out going loss of any significance, and he's a top tier cunt, joining a bunch of cunts.

What's the last summer in recent memory that added so much quality to the Premier League? I'm struggling to think of one that's even close to comparable.

Saurez is the only true out going loss of any significance, and he's a top tier cunt, jointing a bunch of cunts.

Let's be honest though, Suarez is blockbuster. If he's playing, it's worth watching. As many good players who have joined the league, Suarez is probably more fun to watch than all of them put together

Salvadora

Let's be honest though, Suarez is blockbuster. If he's playing, it's worth watching. As many good players who have joined the league, Suarez is probably more fun to watch than all of them put together
While being a couple of tiers down, Alexis has that Suarez-esque explosiveness and tenacity.

Abraxas

Yeah, cavani isn't happening. Our best chance for a striker is a converted winger, and sanchez is that winger for this transfer window. Reus won't move this summer, he will go god knows where next year, probably bayern or real.
Cavani will most likely leave PSG next year, now he is aware its a graveyard for talent.
Maybe we can get benzema next summer.

omgkitty

We should get Di Maria. love him, could have gotten him last summer, now he wants to leave, I don't see why not (other than the minor issue that his value has doubled this past season).

Di Maria + Remy + Schneiderlin. just tack on an extra 100m or so worth of summer spending and we should win the league, I think.

I know it's probably not gonna happen, but I really hope this supposed big name signing we're working on is an attacker, whether it be a true LW player or a striker. I mean, I guess we could still go far in the league with Giroud, because we did it last season, but I just don't see us making up the points we lost against the other big clubs. We just don't have that one player who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and win it, well besides Ramsey, but he can't do it every game.

LTWheels

Nope.

Better atmosphere, less BULLSHIT, incomparably good multiplayer systems, parrying is harder to time (far too easy and powerful in DS1), less emphasis on grinding, no cack areas like Blighttown (Black Gulch is the only area that comes close and you literally run through it in less than a minute to the secret bonfire which is 5 seconds away from boss fog), no stupid drops like the one that emits light which is basically a necessity which you had to grind for, it looks better, better hub, more builds felt viable, dual wielding, perfect PC port. Quality of the game doesn't jump off a cliff 60% through.

Dark Souls had better lore, level design and the best bosses of it were better than DS2's best.

But overall, Dark Souls 2's plus points outweigh DS1s.

If I had to play through one of the three Souls games right now it would be DS2.

Oh and just because you pretty much have to add this to posts or people LOSE THEIR MINDS: all imo.

Bit late, but I agree. I could never get into DS1 like I did with DS2. I prefer 2s level like structure, to the interlinking world of DS1. I like the snappy pace of DS2.

I also really like DS2's combat improvements. I've found the combat to be much more enjoyable.

IMO, DS1 starts extremely strong, but gets worse as the game goes on. While DS2, god the opposite and gets better as the game goes on.

I'm waiting for all 3 dlcs to be released before trying them. I've heard very good things about the first 1.

Also the excellent PC port of 2 does help.

What do you think of the regain health mechanic whilst attacking in Bloodbourne? When I finally saw footage of it, it was way more leanient that I expected. I didn't expect that you would be able to recover as much health, as quickly as you can.

jtb

Banned

I doubt he'll be more fun to watch than Costa this season.

GQman2121

Banned
This pitch that Celtic are playing on in Slovenia looks like a warzone. May also be Fox's shit HD.

Agreed. But you have to be happy to see the back of him given that it's definitely sparked the boards ambitions to spend, spend, spend! The team is the strongest it's been in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom