• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Give me another good season plus one or two great performances in the CL and I'd put Sturridge ahead of Liverpool Torres. just needs to do some damage against a top team or two in a cagey, tight game. He's been very impressive in the league but the league, especially the past few years, has been ridiculously open. will be interesting to see how he adapts to CL nights. I think he'll do fine but until then, hard to say.

Dammit Yen

You reminded me of the disparity between Suarez's ability and his goalscoring in that first full season.

That finishing.....

that finishing.........................................

No wonder we won like 2 games after the Carling Cup scrape
Hey to be fair he was playing alongside Andy freaking Carroll. Also, you should have seen him at Ajax, each he created like 10 goalscoring chances all by himself and scored 1, maybe 2 a game. Nobody complained since he was good for 35 a season no matter what, but he could have easily cracked 50 if his efficiency wasn't so weak.

Plug, did you see my post earlier bae?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126419489&postcount=4838

Uus4Plt.png

noal

Banned
Thanks Noal :D

0i2BtrK.jpg

It's technically amazing how they are doing the expansion.

And look at all the land. All that potential.

I went through the City thread a couple of weeks ago and the whole site is being worked on. I remember the bridge you are building has been finished but they are putting an emblem on the end of it and the cladding on the second stadium? Is class.

Arnie

Give me another good season plus one or two great performances in the CL and I'd put Sturridge ahead of Liverpool Torres. just needs to do some damage against a top team or two in a cagey, tight game. He's been very impressive in the league but the league, especially the past few years, has been ridiculously open. will be interesting to see how he adapts to CL nights. I think he'll do fine but until then, hard to say.
He's scored against United, City and Chelsea, all in tight matches that we eventually got something from.

But I understand what you're saying, he certainly does need to produce in the Champions League. He's certainly good enough, so I have no worries.

Best

Give me another good season plus one or two great performances in the CL and I'd put Sturridge ahead of Liverpool Torres. just needs to do some damage against a top team or two in a cagey, tight game.

Torres was utterly unplayable. I think everyone forgets how good he was in his first three seasons. As a United fan Liverpool Torres is easily one of the best strikers I've seen in the league. He's up there with Henry, RVP, RVN, Suarez etc

Mastadon

Banned
He's scored against United, City and Chelsea, all in tight matches that we eventually got something from.

But I understand what you're saying, he certainly does need to produce in the Champions League. He's certainly good enough, so I have no worries.

He was anonymous in the CL last season to be honest.

Salvadora

the only part of Sanogo's game that is lacking (compared to Giroud) right now is his scoring. once he scores that first league goal and gets over that mental block, I fear for Giroud's Arsenal career. Sanogo's hold-up play, despite being comical to watch, has actually really impressed me whenever he's played. and Bould can teach him how to defend corners, so I'm not too concerned about that.
I think he's lacking in a lot of departments compared to Giroud, but has the "prospect" label which goes quite far.

That Norwich goal, which is possibly my favourite Arsenal goal of all time, wouldn't have happened with Sanogo on the pitch.

LAM09

It's crazy to think the Torres we have, is the same player who tore it up for Liverpool.

Talk about fall from grace. :(

noal

Banned
Torres was utterly unplayable. I think everyone forgets how good he was in his first three seasons. As a United fan Liverpool Torres is easily one of the best strikers I've seen in the league. He's up there with Henry, RVP, RVN, Suarez etc

He destroyed Vidic every time he went near him.

Nemesis.

GQman2121

Banned
Hindsight is a bitch. Sturridge was a different player with us. The coaching carousel likely didn't help either, but he was a super young, super talented English player that knew he was capable of a lot more than he was given the opportunity to display on a week to week basis. LFC took a chance on signing him and it paid off. They did the same with Joe Cole and it didn't. Again, hindsight is a bitch.

Sanogo just comes across as someone that isn't quite in complete control of his limbs.

I still think Cavani is available for the right price, if PSG want Di Maria that badly we should be in for him. Giroud is not a title winning striker.

GQman2121

Banned
Very confused by how Surgeon Simulator works btw, just bought it on PS4, and I don't understand what to do :lol

Is there a tutorial?

The controls don't seem very tight at all which is the appeal of the game from some it seems. It would drive me crazy because I want to do some legit surgery.

Hindsight is a bitch. Sturridge was a different player with us. The coaching carousel likely didn't help either, but he was a super young, super talented English player that knew he was capable of a lot more than he was given the opportunity to display on a week to week basis. LFC took a chance on signing him and it paid off. They did the same with Joe Cole and it didn't. Again, hindsight is a bitch.

I prefer to blame Hodgson for signing Cole than the club :p

Mastadon

Banned
Sanogo just comes across as someone that isn't quite in complete control of his limbs.

I still think Cavani is available for the right price, if PSG want Di Maria that badly we should be in for him. Giroud is not a title winning striker.

You think he'll go with Zlatan out?

Yup! Online preferable, or do you think I could just show up on the day before the game and get a couple?

Where the fuck is Herr K anyway, he's the one who talked me into this and he's doing FUCK ALL to help

I think you could get away with buying them directly. How big is the group?

DBT85

He destroyed Vidic every time he went near him.

Nemesis.

Didn't Vidic get sent off nearly every time? It certainly felt like it whenever we bloody played them.

Don't think I ever saw another striker make Vidic look so laughable.

jtb

Banned
I think he's lacking in a lot of departments compared to Giroud, but has the "prospect" label which goes quite far.

That Norwich goal, which is possibly my favourite Arsenal goal of all time, wouldn't have happened with Sanogo on the pitch.

I don't know about that. Sanogo has a bad touch, but he can hold the ball up and draw defenders out of position better than Giroud. he might not be able to recreate that goal, but I also don't know if we win the FA cup without Sanogo's play against Liverpool or Everton.

His game is ugly compared to Giroud. He's ugly compared to Giroud. (who isn't?) But he produces and I believe in the skills he already has, especially if Wenger continues to go with this traditional tall, strong striker. Him being a horrific finisher would bother me more if 1) we didn't have such a creative midfield and 2) Giroud was actually a good finisher. But we do and he's not so he'll do fine.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I look forward to seeing how many penalties we give away this season from our defenders, could easily reach double digits.

noal

Banned
Didn't Vidic get sent off nearly every time? It certainly felt like it whenever we bloody played them.

Don't think I ever saw another striker make Vidic look so laughable.

Yeah; made him look a complete tit nearly every time we played Liverpool. It became a running joke almost.

dc89

My night tonight, America's Next Top Model followed by Glee. Joy oh joy.
b3rWHTL.png

And I think Joey Barton has unknowingly posted a picture of his penis to twitter. He's in the bath and yep... he didn't check the photo.

jtb

Banned
also, re: Torres vs. Sturridge, imo top teams in the league were all far better when he played than now. but, like I said, I don't think there's that big of a gap between them, if at all.

Ben Rumsby ‏@ben_rumsby 7m

Malky Mackay apologises over racist text messages he sent, with the LMA saying it was "friendly text message banter".

Ben Rumsby ‏@ben_rumsby 6m

Mackay denies sending homophobic or sexist messages. LMA says he was under terrible pressure at the time.

Wow.

Just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom