• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts

...hate me...
They call it ice bucket challenge

most of the times they don't use ice at all, just water

WOW u got wet with just water how fucking extreme

pls

wedward

Anyone seen Only Lovers Left Alive yet?

I watched The Apartment last night. Great film, but that has to be the fedora-forever alone-friendzone-brigade's favorite movie.

Niven

American Beauty is easily one of his best.
Loved the way he was in Se7en, fucking suprised me and his role was ace.

I haven't seen LA Confidential, so I still gotta do that.

Yeah I wouldn't claim to have seen all of his films, but for me American Beauty was a step above anything else I've seen him in.

Wilbur

Banned
Anyone seen Only Lovers Left Alive yet?

I watched The Apartment last night. Great film, but that has to be the fedora-forever alone-friendzone-brigade's favorite movie.

I meant to go see it in the cinema but didn't have the time. Haven't seen boyhood yet either. Too fucking busy to set aside four/five hours to go do it.

The Apartment is superb.

Herr K

Banned
Pretty happy with the Balotelli signing, assuming it goes through. I thought he was a bit of an idiot at City, but because of Brendan's healing hands and his pretty good record at AC, especially in his first 6 months, I think it's worth the gamble, £16m a good price too. I'm optimistic.
(My syntax is just awful)

At AC? AC? Are you talking about Air Conditioning here, lad? Because if you're referring to AC Milan you're dead wrong, son. It's Milan, ok? MILAN. Or do you think it'd be appropriate to say Cuntotelli moved to FC? Huh? No, right? The club's name is Lolerpool and I respect that. Now respect back, lad.

Pls understand.

wedward

I meant to go see it in the cinema but didn't have the time. Haven't seen boyhood yet either. Too fucking busy to set aside four/five hours to go do it.

The Apartment is superb.

Only lovers is available to rent in the US. Probably check it out tonight.

Boyhood is definitely worth checking out in the theater if you have time.

Niven

His best is LA Confidential. He's best in The Usual Suspects.

House of Cards is boring nonsense that he happens to be very good in.

Yeah LA Confidential is the best detective film i'd say I've ever seen, I don't know how I forgot The Usual Suspects! The first time I ever watched that I was amazed.

Yen

At AC? AC? Are you talking about Air Conditioning here, lad? Because if you're referring to AC Milan you're dead wrong, son. It's Milan, ok? MILAN. Or do you think it'd be appropriate to say Cuntotelli moved to FC? Huh? No, right? The club's name is Lolerpool and I respect that. Now respect back, lad.

Pls understand.

the two clubs are called "ac" and "inter", gtiyh

Niven

Hmm. Well, I haven't seen all of his films lol, but his really good roles are:

Glengarry Glen Ross (boss film)
Seven (obv)
Usual Suspects
Swimming with Sharks
LA Confidential
Austin Powers 3 :)lol)
Margin Call

He's good in Horrible Bosses too. He plays a slimy asshole really well lol

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed his role in horrible bosses

wedward

I can't think of a single year where there weren't at least 5 movies that I loved.

Edit- maybe love is too strong, but yeah, 5 I really enjoyed.

Carbonox

10420063_10152630662669525_3879559062739857488_n.jpg

ea pls

Pennywise

I can't think of a single year where there weren't at least 5 movies that I loved.

It's not like there aren't any good movies, but the good ones usually get not really that much attention.
Alot of cinemas don't even show them...
6 of 8 movies I wanted to see over the last years weren't even picked up by the cinema.
Not even something like The Worlds End...

TDK
The Wrestler
Let the Right One In
Waltz with Bashir
Tropic Thunder
In Bruges
Into the Wild

Ratatouille
No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Hot Fuzz
Zodiac
Control

Shit's easy, mate.

K1LLER7

Nicolo Schira
"All confirmed. Angel #DiMaria has decised to leave from #RealMadrid. #ManchesterUnited want to close him in this week. #MUFC"

3 days....to bid and close a deal lol

Zodiac is 07? Feels a lot older than that.

I couldn't stop laughing. There were originally just 2 sitting there and then a third ran on to the pitch over to them and sat down too. Had to boot the ball out for the players to return to normal. Cunts.

Couldn't leave his bros alone and embarrass themselves, so he decided to join in.

Jarnet87

Nicolo Schira
"All confirmed. Angel #DiMaria has decised to leave from #RealMadrid. #ManchesterUnited want to close him in this week. #MUFC"

3 days....to bid and close a deal lol

We'll all be praising Ed Woodward in a few days mate. It's going to be a great feeling to know we have a winger who actually runs at defenders. I'm getting my hopes up, I will suffer a harsh muppets death.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
been MIA for a few weeks because my Benfica's pre-season was too depressing, but at least the season started ok... still hemoraging players tho

Aparently we bought Samaris from Olympiakos for our midfield (which we horribly need), I dont know much about him (I dont follow Greek league sorry), is he any good?

acording to our media we (and by we, I probably mean some outside fund as usual here in portugal lately) are paying 9-10mill for him, which is crazy for us but ok...

nitewulf

LA Conf is the best neo noir ever, if you liked it also check out Brick, of course La is very "Chandleresque" ie old school noir, and Brick is VERY modern, yet if you like mystery and appreciate noir, you'll love it. And of course Spacey was best is Seven.

LA Conf is the best neo noir ever, if you liked it also check out Brick, of course La is very "Chandleresque" ie old school noir, and Brick is VERY modern, yet if you like mystery and appreciate noir, you'll love it. And of course Spacey was best is Seven.

Brick is great. Young Joseph Gordon Levitt too.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is also another great neo-noir film, also has an amazing cast.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang has a fucking dynamite script. Val Kilmer is hilarious in that film.

Must rewatch, haven't seen it for years.

Edit: poor wooden :(

mQnTGoi.png

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang has a fucking dynamite script. Val Kilmer is hilarious in that film.

Must rewatch, haven't seen it for years.

Do it! I just rewatched Zodiac (which I usually watch about once a year). Damn that film is so good I could watch it back to back.

Also, anyone seen/like Southland Tales. I know the film gets a lot of hate but I love that beautiful mess. I know people had a lot of hopes for Richard Kelly after Donnie Darko but damn that cast is dynamite and it's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom