• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Some posts here makes it look like you guys are working for your clubs. "He wanted 120k but we wouldn't pay more than 100k", that kinda stuff. Are your clubs really that fucking awful at keeping stuff secret or are you guys just talking out of your ass (believing anything read in papers/on twitter)?

Genuinely interested in that.

We are all ITK's.

Arnie

Some posts here makes it look like you guys are working for your clubs. "He wanted 120k but we wouldn't pay more than 100k", that kinda stuff. Are your clubs really that fucking awful at keeping stuff secret or are you guys just talking out of your ass (believing anything read in papers/on twitter)?

If you're referring to the Balotelli stuff it's all included in articles by local journalists who have direct access to the club.

Basically the club have released their offer to the player £115k and his wages at Milan are known, so we know it's a wage cut.

The guardian have revealed that he initially wanted an increase to £160k, but it appears he's accepted our terms because it was only after we revealed them did he say goodbye to his teammates and staff at the club.

Local journalists are mouthpieces for the clubs, but Liverpool aren't trying to deceive anyone here. That will be his wage if he agrees to it.

Does this not happen in Germany, or are the sources less reliable?

Among managers, Mou still had the best ice bucket challenge.

wjjn8.gif

dat pain
dat struggle

What a boss.

Labadal

Is that first bit referring to Balotelli?

Perhaps the bit more is someone else, because Cavani isn't a bit more. He'd be like £50 million. Wonder which target this ITK is referring to...

Jackson Martinez?

It wouldn't make sense. He's played in the CL.

Scum

Join the muppetry, Milch.

wedward

Considering everything against us, and how poorly Giroud and Santi played, I was extremely happy with that 0-0 tbh

So was I, just disappointed with how poor we were.

They weren't very good either and if we had played like we normally do I think we could have easily got a goal. An away goal would have calmed my nerves.

Arnie

We deserve it for how shit we were in Turkey.
Missed the game but it sounded end to end.

Fucking Demba Ba. Will fuck us over with ruthless effficieny but can't finish his dinner against Arsenal.

It'll either be an early goal to Besiktas to get everyone's arse wobbling or The Arse will go out and stroll through to the groups.

wedward

He said we were in for Rooney last summer after fucking up Higuain and Suarez....we clearly weren't.

Feel free to prove me wrong tho. I don't look at his twitter that often.

I am sure we were interested in Rooney. No doubt about that.

Don't think it was ever going to happen, but that doesn't mean we weren't interested.

I don't think his source is Arsene Wenger but it is pretty clear he has a source within the club or very close to the club.

Missed the game but it sounded end to end.

Fucking Demba Ba. Will fuck us over with ruthless effficieny but can't finish his dinner against Arsenal.

It'll either be an early goal to Besiktas to get everyone's arse wobbling or The Arse will go out and stroll through to the groups.

Midfield of Jack and Flamini worries me. Ozil and Per will be back so we should have our first choice back line aside from Gibbs.

Barzul

He said we were in for Rooney last summer after fucking up Higuain and Suarez....we clearly weren't.

Feel free to prove me wrong tho. I don't look at his twitter that often.

We were obvs looking at a player at the Rooney level and he hadn't signed a contract, plus with all those comments Gazidis made about Rooney and his wages. I believe we were interested.

I am sure we were interested in Rooney. No doubt about that.

Don't think it was ever going to happen, but that doesn't mean we weren't interested.

Midfield of Jack and Flamini worries me. Ozil and Per will be back so we should have our first choice back line aside from Gibbs.

Hmmmmmm, ok. Not sure I believe him but whatever lol

also to your second point, Besiakts will be raring to go, and Ozil and Per haven't had a game since the WC final. Hopefully they're on it.

Edit: oh you edited. well, Arsenal do like to keep a tight ship, none of our recent buys were ever 'leaked' to the papers or whatever. so yeah, it obviously isn't Wenger lol.

Wilbur

Banned
That Moyes video is genuinely sensational. His roar... amazing.

Hixx made a mistake not getting LA Confidential because it's one of the greatest films ever made

I was going to post about something else but I've forgotten.

If you're referring to the Balotelli stuff it's all included in articles by local journalists who have direct access to the club.

Basically the club have released their offer to the player £115k and his wages at Milan are known, so we know it's a wage cut.

The guardian have revealed that he initially wanted an increase to £160k, but it appears he's accepted our terms because it was only after we revealed them did he say goodbye to his teammates and staff at the club.

Local journalists are mouthpieces for the clubs, but Liverpool aren't trying to deceive anyone here. That will be his wage if he agrees to it.

Not really referring to the Balotelli stuff, it was mainly the Khedira to Arsenal stuff that made me wonder. People talking about negotiations as if that was true and well backed up knowledge, although we don't even know for sure if they ever happened. It's different with Balotelli, that one is actually happening and "leaking" information about wages is rather common, while leaks about negotiations should really concern you (or rather your club).

Doesn't really happen that much here in Germany, only those talkative guys from Bayern make stories rather often. As for BVB, even the local journalists don't know or rather don't write that much (if anything) about wages. Most of the time, you only have some articles from bild which casually mention "player X is earning 5m". But it's from bild and most likely just made up/guessing.

kharma45

That Moyes video is genuinely sensational. His roar... amazing.

Hixx made a mistake not getting LA Confidential because it's one of the greatest films ever made

I was going to post about something else but I've forgotten.

He got Scott pilgrim and not it?

Ugh. Scott pilgrim is fucking bile.

EmiPrime

Hmmmmmm, ok. Not sure I believe him but whatever lol

also to your second point, Beskatis will be raring to go, and Ozil and Per haven't had a game since the WC final. Hopefully they're on it.

Besiktas without their crowd and sunday league pitch aren't any good though. As long as we can keep Ba quiet we should coast it.

I will still be horribly nervous until the final whistle though!

Wilbur

Banned
He got Scott pilgrim and not it?

Ugh. Scott pilgrim is fucking bile.

I really like it but it's nowhere near the level of LA

honestly a perfick film

oh yeah this is what else I meant to say: these videos. do people donate and do the vid? Or just the vid to 'raise awareness'

I don't even know what ALS stands for

Pennywise

Actually they are far more reliable, journalists just don't tend to leak everything.
It depends on every club though.

Bild for example is scum, not only they're trying to provocate the clubs with nonsense, they're also guess as if there's no tomorrow.
Every once in a while they got a reliable source and hit a rumor, but most of the time it's just guess work.

For example we had two journalists who are known for quality and good sources within Dortmund saying, both teamplayers as well as people in Reus social enviroment both mentioned that it's not about money and he denied Bayern this summer.
So this is a pretty clear statement and what's Bild doing while these statements are out ?

Asking Franz Beckenbauer about it, who just speaks his usual bullshit "if Bayern wants him, they're gonna get him".
As if this donkey knew jackshit, he doesn't even know how to unzip his pants.

Overall some local papers and some bigger papers got some good sources within the clubs, but stuff just doesn't get leaked that easy, neither wages nor the sum of a transfer is always known exactly.
People are alot more careful here, unless they're Bild/Sportbild or another bullshit site.
Of course with the Twitter and social media in general, there are more rumors coming up, but usually they're false.
The only thing that twitter provided lately was a picture of Ginter being in Dortmund for the medicine checkup.

People are really chilled here, especially foreign sources with transfer rumors are generally taken more cautious, and it doesn't matter if it's an source from Italy,Spain or UK.

The whole transfer period of Dortmund had ALOT of rumors, and I always watched Röckenhaus from SZ and Hennecke from Kicker, what they would say about it.
They were always spot on.

Well, they were both crucial when they already revealed when Dortmund had the financial problems back in the day.
Both got really went through hell, not only lawsuits the club threatened, but also the fans.
They were right, had copys for alot of shit the former president and manager were doing...

So overall, we got reliable sources here, but they just don't leak everything.
It's a good balance to keep the trust up.

Yen

Pretty happy with the Balotelli signing, assuming it goes through. I thought he was a bit of an idiot at City, but because of Brendan's healing hands and his pretty good record at AC, especially in his first 6 months, I think it's worth the gamble, £16m a good price too. I'm optimistic.
(My syntax is just awful)

:lol

honestly a perfick film

oh yeah this is what else I meant to say: these videos. do people donate and do the vid? Or just the vid to 'raise awareness'

You're supposed to donate as well, but I'm sure many haven't.

Yen

honestly a perfick film

Motor Neurone Disease. Meant to have raised an extra $22m (or so I saw on reddit). It's not another #STOPKONY2012, or dare I say, no make-up selfies.

Wilbur

Banned
Ah, cheers guys. Pamela Anderson posted something on Facebook (pls someone else shared it) saying they test shit on animals. I don't like that.

Should test things on people with the death sentence, I think.

Anyone in here watched American beauty?

Yeah. Good film. I don't like it as much as I used to but still enjoy it and spacey is class

Scott Pilgrim is awesome. I remember going to see it the day it came out with some friends and it was just us and 3 other people in the cinema who seemed so confused by the whole film. Fuck it, I'm watching Scott Pilgrim tonight.

Wilbur

Banned
Nah it's pretty great.

Spaced
Shaun of the Dead
Hot Fuzz
Scott Pilgrim
The World's End

What a track record Edgar Wright has. 5 for 5.

Innit. I wish he was still doing ant man so so much.

But legit, LA Confidential is fuckin barnstorming and you owe it to yourself to watch it

Pennywise

Yeah I bought it on blu-ray the other day and it's great, what do you lot think Spacey's best movie is?

American Beauty is easily one of his best.
Loved the way he was in Se7en, fucking suprised me and his role was ace.

I haven't seen LA Confidential, so I still gotta do that.

Yeah I bought it on blu-ray the other day and it's great, what do you lot think Spacey's best movie is?

Hmm. Well, I haven't seen all of his films lol, but his really good roles are:

Glengarry Glen Ross (boss film)
Seven (obv)
Usual Suspects
Swimming with Sharks
LA Confidential
Austin Powers 3 :)lol)
Margin Call

He's good in Horrible Bosses too. He plays a slimy asshole really well lol

Wilbur

Banned

His best is LA Confidential. He's best in The Usual Suspects.

House of Cards is boring nonsense that he happens to be very good in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom