• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Didn't even realize we had a midweek fixture. 2nd round of the League Cup because of poop 7th place finish. With all the injuries and just 1 day of rest in between it's going to make for an interesting lineup. Will likely be a lot of youngsters, and Tom Cleverly.

Tubie

Imagine if United signs Di Maria and Arsenal signs Cavani and Khedira, all on the same day. This thread would explode I think.

Lightning

Banned
Cavani, Rabiot and Manolas.

That'd be ideal.
I don't really like this as Arteta would play too many games. Big teams are going to steamroll Arteta. Having Cavani will just make us crush the minnows by more goals but against the top teams Arteta would be a liability.

jts

...hate me...
Milan making a move for Jackson Martinez. On loan.

Lg8Rw.gif

Finished my first season as Southampton manager.

6th and I qualified for Europa league, beating Liverpool at Anfield 1-0 to secure my place

notbad.jpg

Didn't even realize we had a midweek fixture. 2nd round of the League Cup because of poop 7th place finish. With all the injuries and just 1 day of rest in between it's going to make for an interesting lineup. Will likely be a lot of youngsters, and Tom Cleverly.

I'm really looking forward to that game because Wilson is likely to feature.

Zabojnik

Scum, is Spurs' everlasting quest for 4th place still on this season? Seems almost impossible with Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Liverpool all gunning for 1st place. It kinda feels like you guys have given up.

Scum

Scum, is Spurs' everlasting quest for 4th place still on this season? Seems almost impossible with Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Liverpool all gunning for 1st place.

It's dead m8, and I'm glad. It's luverly not to hear muppets in the press go on about Spurs & 4th. I'll take fighting off Everton and Newcastle for 5th/6th and Europa League UEFA Cup footy.

Jarnet87

Fellaini ending up being a massive failure, but it would of been seen as a quality to decent signing if we had brought him in on July 1st instead of deadline day. People would have said it was a safe but reassuring move for Moyes getting one of his own, and he was coming off a real good year.

Showaddy

It's dead m8, and I'm glad. It's luverly not to hear muppets in the press go on about Spurs & 4th. I'll take fighting off Everton and Newcastle for 5th/6th and Europa League UEFA Cup footy.

I think I've resigned myself to hoping for some good football and looking forward to the new stadium. Levy's finally forced the last businessmen in the area out of their homes and livelihoods so we should be seeing more than just a giant Sainsburys soon.

Directv says the Europa League game ft. Tottenham is on right now but they have a preseason ACMilan game on instead. What did I, or DTV get wrong?

Fellaini could still turn a decent signing. Not sure I like these rumors of us selling him already.

I don't see where he can fit.

He's too slow and dangerous for defense work and the one thing he's adept at, in offense, is better filled with Mata, Rooney, Kagawa.

Scum

I think I've resigned myself to hoping for some good football and looking forward to the new stadium. Levy's finally forced the last businessmen in the area out of their homes and livelihoods so we should be seeing more than just a giant Sainsburys soon.

Hopefully it becomes a big enough "distraction" that he leaves MoPo alone to do his job.

Lightning

Banned
Winning the Europa gets you into the cl. Worth taking it seriously, no?

wedward

I don't really like this as Arteta would play too many games. Big teams are going to steamroll Arteta. Having Cavani will just make us crush the minnows by more goals but against the top teams Arteta would be a liability.

I'm just not sold on either Khedira or Willy so am hesitant to commit long term to them.

Haven't seen enough of Willy though. Could definitely be wrong on him.

Showaddy

Hopefully it becomes a big enough "distraction" that he leaves MoPo alone to do his job.

Christ just seeing Levy's stony face after we scored that extra time winner against West Ham gave me palpitations.
BvK-nx1IgAEPUUb.png

I'm hoping for 2-3 seasons for MoPo at least, probably going to end up being 2-3 months...

Scum

Christ just seeing Levy's stony face after we scored that extra time winner against West Ham gave me palpitations.
BvK-nx1IgAEPUUb.png

I'm hoping for 2-3 seasons for MoPo at least, probably going to end up being 2-3 months...

He's dead on the inside. :-/

Lightning

Banned
I'm just not sold on either Khedira or Willy so am hesitant to commit long term to them.

Haven't seen enough of Willy though. Could definitely be wrong on him.
I'm sold on Khedira as a player but not sold on the stupidity of his wage demands, He can go elsewhere with that shit.

AC Milan Consider Fernando Torres As Plan B To Replace Liverpool Bound Mario Balotelli.

Please let the Martinez deal fall through!

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/08...place-liverpool-bound-mario-balotelli/156175/
LOL. Torres doesn't want a wage cut. That rules out Milan completely, in fact all Italian teams.

jtb

Banned
Khedira's wage demands: as long as he is a first team starter, I don't really care what we pay him. Just keep the contract short so it doesn't turn into an albatross, that's more important to me than the wage.

I don't like Khedira, but he's a known quantity. We know what he can do, we know what he can't. if the stuff about him being offered to us for 13m is true, I think we have to bite at that price and if that means using the money we would be spending on a fee on his wages, I don't mind.

edit: and obviously we have a gaping hole at striker and it's probably the area with the greatest room for improvement... but it's also the area least likely to be improved this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom