• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Arsene "Jack's not as far as everyone expected him to be when he was 18. But that's because he was injured, not he doesn't train seriously."

What a surprise.

We could easily afford 12m and 130k a week for Khedira.

Could probably do 40m and 160k+ for Cavani.

We have only spent 32m net this summer.

Cavani is a pipe dream, I think, but there's no reason we shouldn't get another midfielder and defender in before the deadline.

but Di Maria... he's clearly available... if the funds are there....

Really don't think we should be spending that kind of money on another wing player.

Rather go for Reus next summer.

Labadal

Today is a happy day in my life. I am probably the most happy person (not related to him) when it comes to the Balotelli transfer. Every team needs a cunt. Diego Costa vs Balotelli. Yummy.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Obvious question is obvious, tomorrow someone is going to ask Gaal if our business is done, he will probably be cryptic. It would be great to hear him say we are trying though.

jtb

Banned
Arsene "Jack's not as far as everyone expected him to be when he was 18. But that's because he was injured, not he doesn't train seriously."

What a surprise.

Really don't think we should be spending that kind of money on another wing player.

only? that was our net spend last summer. I don't know what the budget is (and hopefully since Wenger didn't spend 40m on Draxler, he can spend it on Di Maria instead) but I can't imagine it has jumped so drastically year on year.

There's no point passing up on a world class player in order to play (and lose) in the Reus lottery. Of course I want Cavani over Di Maria, but he probably isn't available, so settling for a world class winger isn't a bad consolation prize.

Di Maria-Sanchez-Theo with Ozil behind (or Theo up front and Sanchez on the wing), I can definitely live with that. and I think Di Maria played a lot centrally this season too, he can play on the right, etc. so he's versatile.

L1NETT

Nice to see Nathan Ake might break into the first team

Of Norwich City

on loan

In other FL matters of interest to the premfaces here.....Ibe to Derby loan and Carroll (spurs one) to Forest on loan

Both could be dribble but make sense

wedward

only? that was our net spend last summer. I don't know what the budget is (and hopefully since Wenger didn't spend 40m on Draxler, he can spend it on Di Maria instead) but I can't imagine it has jumped so drastically year on year.

We signed new commercial deals...

It jumped by roughly 60m this year.

Not too mention the amount of cash we have and I doubt we spent all of our budget last summer.

Hixx

2 out of these 3 Blu Rays, which ones would you pick?

Scott Pilgrim
Fight Club
LA Confidential

I've never seen LA Confidential, really want to, but I also really fucking like the other two films. Fight Club one of the GOATs.

valeo

What a surprise.

Honestly not a big fan of Khedira. I don't think he will help this team.

If ADM goes anywhere, I think it will be Man U. They're a little desperate now and PSG can't afford him because of FFP rules. There is 0 chance of us buying him, even if Arsene is a known fan. We're not light on the wing anymore.

Honestly, would've liked to see us go for Balotelli. For 16m he's a steal.

Scott Pilgrim
Fight Club
LA Confidential

I've never seen LA Confidential, really want to, but I also really fucking like the other two films. Fight Club one of the GOATs.

LA Confidential is just amazing. Buy it. See It. Love It.

wedward

Honestly not a big fan of Khedira. I don't think he will help this team.

If ADM goes anywhere, I think it will be Man U. They're a little desperate now and PSG can't afford him because of FFP rules.

Honestly, would've liked to see us go for Balotelli. For 16m he's a steal.

Not my first choice at all, but with the situation we are in if he can be bought for cheap I think we should do it.

Agree on Di Maria and Balotelli.

jtb

Banned
I know United have far more money than Woodward knows what to do with, but if it came down to them and us... I mean, why would you willingly go to United?

Scholes had the right idea: let's just buy Real Madrid.

wedward

I know United have far more money than Woodward knows what to do with, but if it came down to them and us... I mean, why would you willingly go to United?

Scholes had the right idea: we should just buy Real Madrid.

If Arsenal offered the same money, sure, but I think at this point in the window Man U would be willing to spend a lot more than Arsenal.

j4343q3grasuc.jpg

Arnie

Just read Tony Barrett's article.

Despite my earlier pessimism if Balotelli agrees to the substantial wage cut and the strict conduct clauses related to things such as training behaviour then I'm made up with him at £16 million.

More importantly it signals a willingness from the player to do this right.

Hopefully the agreement is made tomorrow. Be playing against Spurs, although if Sterling, Sturridge, Markovic do well against City Brendan won't shift things about. Lallana is close to fitness too. FUD.

Also, been meaning to ask, does Arsenal's match on Wednesday take into account away goals? As in, if Besiktas score do they have to score two?

Scott Pilgrim
Fight Club
LA Confidential

LA Confidential and Fight Club without a doubt. I really like Scott Pilgrim but it´s nowhere near the quality of LA Confidential.

K1LLER7

Just read Tony Barrett's article.

Despite my earlier pessimism if Balotelli agrees to the substantial wage cut and the strict conduct clauses related to things such as training behaviour then I'm made up with him at £16 million.

More importantly it signals a willingness from the player to do this right.

Hopefully the agreement is made tomorrow. Be playing against Spurs, although if Sterling, Sturridge, Markovic do well against City Brendan won't shift things about. Lallana is close to fitness too. FUD.

Also, been meaning to ask, does Arsenal's match on Wednesday take into account away goals? As in, if Besiktas score do they have to score two?
Yeah.

They could be joining United for a CL-less season.

Arnie

Right, well that will be exciting (with no Ramsey).

Although now I've said that they'll be two nil up inside 10 and cruising towards a Cavani RUMBO.

Hixx

LA Confidential and Fight Club without a doubt. I really like Scott Pilgrim but it´s nowhere near the quality of LA Confidential.

I ended up going with SP and Fight Club, was a 2 for £10 thing and LA Confidential has been about £5 before so wouldn't be much of a saving.

#tightasacrabsarse

Utd better have signed Khedira when I wake up in the morning!

please

Scott Pilgrim
Fight Club
LA Confidential

Fight Club and LA Confidential. No doubt whatsoever. Scott Pilgrim is very fun, but the other two are on another level.

omgkitty

Geoff has spoken!

@Paulbelcher85 @timpayton @mattspicer66 Why gamble on 16m when u can pay a bit more for a better, more reliable player, lets wait n see :)

Scott Pilgrim
Fight Club
LA Confidential

Scott Pilgrim is good but the other 2, especially LA Confidential are better.

Arnie

Geoff has spoken!

@Paulbelcher85 @timpayton @mattspicer66 Why gamble on 16m when u can pay a bit more for a better, more reliable player, lets wait n see :)
Is that first bit referring to Balotelli?

Perhaps the bit more is someone else, because Cavani isn't a bit more. He'd be like £50 million. Wonder which target this ITK is referring to...

Jackson Martinez?

I ended up going with SP and Fight Club, was a 2 for £10 thing and LA Confidential has been about £5 before so wouldn't be much of a saving.

#tightasacrabsarse

You need to watch LA Confidential when you get a chance. It´s Kevin Spacey, Russell Crowe and Guy Pearce at their best.

Some posts here makes it look like you guys are working for your clubs. "He wanted 120k but we wouldn't pay more than 100k", that kinda stuff. Are your clubs really that fucking awful at keeping stuff secret or are you guys just talking out of your ass (believing anything read in papers/on twitter)?

Genuinely interested in that.

Pennywise

Some posts here makes it look like you guys are working for your clubs. "He wanted 120k but we wouldn't pay more than 100k", that kinda stuff. Are your clubs really that fucking awful at keeping stuff secret or are you guys just talking out of your ass (believing anything read in papers/on twitter)?

Genuinely interested in that.

Pls.
Twitter is king.

Sorry, I can't.
Looks like there's no kind of quality journalism with the EPL left.

THAT SCREAM

:LOLOLOL

HAHAHA.
The slow-motion scene sounds like Chewbacca when Solo is getting into the carbonite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom