• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
You mean on a free last summer?

It could work out alright. If he has a good year there maybe we can sell him for a reasonable fee.

This summer, I meant.

I understand that he might have a good year and we can do that, but we've taken on someone else's wages, spent 20m and given them a player without making any money back whatsoever

Madness

Timbuktu

Yes, his behaviour has matured. But his on field work ethic is the problem. Clubs will always forgive stupid behaviour off the field as long as the person is delivering on it, like Suarez.

To be fair, Suarez's antics are more on the field than off it; I mean, I can believe he is a lot calmer when he isn't playing football, he hasn't bitten anyone just around town has he?

3Sixty

Balo deal is so confusing.

Good value at 16m but you know some shit is going to go down and self destruct brenda's battleship.

I remember the season after Ronaldo left and Nani destroyed us at The Emirates. I really had thought he was gonna take it to the next level now that he didn't have to be in Ronaldo's shadow. Must have just been that we were pure gash.

I really don't see Benatia leaving. This has been the most stable offseason in a long time for Roma and they have CL football coming up. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs a new contract in a couple weeks and then leaves next season if they don't win the league. But he ain't going anywhere this window.

I hope he doesn't, but I think Martinez' injury has forced Bayern to move, when they probably wouldn't have before.

But my point was on Manolas. He did look good v United and at the World Cup, but it's encouraging that the CB we're after is seen by a great judge of talent like Garcia to be a worthy replacement for a player of Benatia's calibre. It seems that his price is being driven up due to the interest though...

I want him to come good too, but he isn't up to it. He can only play with another striker and that's not MoPo's system. Remy is just sitting there at QPR and is available for £11m. We would be foolish not to sign him even if we have to keep Soldado as 4th choice.

Europa League will be Kane and Soldados this season, they'll dominate.

I'd be happy if we got another striker in but not at the expense of Soldado going on loan, which would be a waste.

I don't think anyone will go for Remy. I'd happily take a risk on him but depends on wages. I'm sure Arry would like a deal that involved Daws, Chiriches, Chadli, etc.

BvoqXPcCEAEUmN9.jpg

:'(

#legend

Gonna miss him.

This summer, I meant.

I understand that he might have a good year and we can do that, but we've taken on someone else's wages, spent 20m and given them a player without making any money back whatsoever

Madness
We couldn't have done that this summer. He has a contract. Can't just cancel it.

Definitely not an ideal solution but there was no scope for him to stay at the club. This is marginally better in that we get a player we want and it gives us a chance of seeing interest in Nani increase.

I remember the season after Ronaldo left and Nani destroyed us at The Emirates. I really had thought he was gonna take it to the next level now that he didn't have to be in Ronaldo's shadow. Must have just been that we were pure gash.
For 2 seasons he was very good.

But yeah, flattered to deceive ultimately.

Wilbur

Banned
We couldn't have done that this summer. He has a contract. Can't just cancel it.

Definitely not an ideal solution but there was no scope for him to stay at the club. This is marginally better in that we get a player we want and it gives us a chance of seeing interest in Nani increase.

For 2 seasons he was very good.

But yeah, flattered to deceive ultimately.

m8 haven't you ever heard of a free transfer y/n

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vieri on Balotelli "Today Galliani has made the best deal in the history of AC Milan."

BOBO GIVES NO FUCKS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

To be fair, Suarez's antics are more on the field than off it; I mean, I can believe he is a lot calmer when he isn't playing football, he hasn't bitten anyone just around town has he?

True, I should have said more in terms of distractions in general. Clubs will always stand by a player as long as he is getting it done for the most part.

I hope he doesn't, but I think Martinez' injury has forced Bayern to move, when they probably wouldn't have before.

But my point was on Manolas. He did look good v United and at the World Cup, but it's encouraging that the CB we're after is seen by a great judge of talent like Garcia to be a worthy replacement for a player of Benatia's calibre. It seems that his price is being driven up due to the interest though...

If he is cheap then I would want him. World cup and CL experience is a plus and it would relieve the pressure of having Chambers as 3rd choice.

Looking forward to Metro Redux next week, never played any of them before (well, I d/l Last Light when it was free on PS+, but never got round to it lol)

Zabojnik

I just woke up with the strangest feeling. Something huge is about to go down, something that will change the course of United's short term future in an utterly unexpected way. It's coming. Woodward's megaton bomb is about to be unleashed.

Hixx

@HayleyMcQueen 4m
So #icebucketchallenge was accepted by @nataliesawyer & I. Stay tuned 4 our nominations....#theaftermath

Bvow6RjIIAACVps.jpg

vmdf4.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Natalie Sawyer is defo a screamer eh

Looking forward to Metro Redux next week, never played any of them before (well, I d/l Last Light when it was free on PS+, but never got round to it lol)

I stopped playing the 2nd one after 20 minutes

I couldn't recover from the disappointment of wearing a mask + using a lighter simultaneously. Bacon lied to me

Arnie

Is something bad happening at Osasuna?

Can see it on a TV in Malaga train station and it looks like fans being carried away on stretchers.

Hixx

Yup

Football managers are all grade a mega cunts

Footballers are all in this protective circle for each other, man. Collymore, a man who is constantly campaigning against racism on Twitter said something to the effect of "he's always nice to me, hope he apologises and moves on". How can you take him seriously?

And where's Sol Campbell? Loves falsely accusing tens of thousands of fans of racism, but now he has a high profile footballing name in front of him to denounce and he chooses not to.

Fucking stinks.

Okay, on day two of the Balotelli saga, my feelings have evolved. I love still Balo but I understand why we would sell him, I really do. Team collective over the individual, and all that jazz.

The only thing is that we just need a replacement who's not fucking Pazzini or Torres. I'm going to wait until the end of the transfer window before I get really mad. Galliani has done some real good work this summer so I think he deserves a chance. If he is REALLY trying to build a "team collective" in accordance with Inzaghi's wishes, I'm very curious to see what he does. Or maybe it is all bullshit as usual.

I wonder if Roma will pity us and give us Destro for a reasonable fee.

Vieri on Balotelli "Today Galliani has made the best deal in the history of AC Milan."

BOBO GIVES NO FUCKS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Bobo has always fucking hated Balotelli. He made some real funny comments bashing him at times.

I

D_prOdigy

Had an almighty piss after Guardians earlier this week.

Treated myself to the rarity of a cinema-grade large coke. One of those fuck-off flagons. Free refill.

Haven't violated the AMC urinals that much since Fellowship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom