• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

I mean he isn't THAT good. It's just that we don't have people with pace anymore and that's why we need Welbeck

with Chicharito ' I am useless outside the box, you may as be a man down' Hernandez

we are sickening lacking in pace and strength up front, letting him go would be a fucking mistake

jesalr

Ickle Tommy Carroll has been loaned to Swansea for the year. Fantastic loan for both, in my opinion. He needs game time, but he's such a talented young player.

Walshy

Liverpool-GAF.

Do we think that with the inevitable conclusion of the Balotelli deal, the he is our last signing of the summer?

Is it just a process of shifting some of the deadwood around the squad now?

herod

Any of you remember Ghostwatch?

I was living in the UK when BBC showed it. Probably the main reason for my nightmares, was scared of looking at curtains all throughout my young life. Someone mentioned it again on PT and I'm excited because I've been trying to find out about it since forever.

Fuck. Should I rewatch it again? Hoping it still holds up.

ghostwatch4.jpg

Fry

Liverpool-GAF.

Do we think that with the inevitable conclusion of the Balotelli deal, the he is our last signing of the summer?

Well sign Di Maria, Vidal and Falcoa mate8

GorillaJu

Liverpool-GAF.

Probs sell a few like Borini and Assaidi and sign a couple youngsters for the U18s.

Nani has been called up to the match tomorrow but might not play if his international certificate doesn't arrive until 5 pm...
You lazy bastards in England, send the damn thing already.

Walshy

Well sign Di Maria, Vidal and Falcoa mate8

Probs sell a few like Borini and Assaidi and sign a couple youngsters for the U18s.
Borini to Sunderland seems dead now. The Assaidi deal died because he wanted a pay-off for him to go to Stoke.

Will Agger and Lucas be sold though? At the moment we have six centre-backs, surely two will have to leave before the end of the window.

Speaking of youngsters for the U18s, we are said to be interested in Fulham's Patrick Roberts. He's pretty highly rated and Magath confirmed our interest yesterday.

Arnie

Aye, Balotelli is our last incoming player.

Also, fucking hilarious this. Been in Malaga airport for 10 minutes and I've seen one full Real Madrid strip, one full Barcelona strip, one Chelsea shirt, one City shirt and...

One fucking crazy guy with an afro wearing a Sunderland polo shirt. It's fucking hilarious. He looks like an ultimate team creation.

Barzul

Hope we go all in for Flcao in the final days of the window. Even if it's a loan I'll fucking take any upgrade on Giroud at this point.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Maybe Wellbeck going means Di Maria is coming in? He seems to like Adnan and if Wellbeck has no chance starting up front.

Feorax

Liverpool-GAF.

We might sign a gk and a cm for the first team, but they'll be purely opportunist signings. We've done all we needed to do.

Focus now will be on foetuses and shifting deadwood. We might even manage a £0 net spend if were lucky.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Welbeck is shit, he was always shit and he'll never by anything better than a pile of steaming shit

He's living off that RvR video a decade ago

He's even more shit than this shitty burger we're eating right now

TeddyBoy

Liverpool-GAF.

There was talk of a Coates swap deal for Romero, Argentinas goal keeper. Other than that I suppose we'll just try to sell Agger, Assaidi, Borini and Johnson (if we signed a back up keeper I'd expect Brad Jones to go as well).

I don't expect Lucas to be sold since he's our back up for Gerrard now, but if he goes then we'll go for a replacement for him.

Jabo

lJBSjmP.jpg

I don't even know what the fuck is written but that looks beautiful

Guys should I buy all 3 kits with Falcao's name or not??

someone pls wake me up and save me from this stupid dream

Fergie

Banned
Hope he stays, but it's possible he was told he won't get a lot of minutes. Rather keep him than Chicha, at least Welbeck can link-up with passes. Chicha is pretty much flat-footed in this regard.

What does Clev have on United? Rather sign Osman.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Hope he stays, but it's possible he was told he won't get much chances. Rather keep him than Chicha, at least Welbeck can link-up with passes. Chicha is pretty much flat-footed in this regard.

What does Clev have on United? Rather sign Osman.

Clev is legitimately happy with not playing, thats what he has, he has no ambitions of being the best, he probably knows his limitations and loves the club.

Nothing more to it I think.

Clegg

Clev is legitimately happy with not playing, thats what he has, he has no ambitions of being the best, he probably knows his limitations and loves the club.

Nothing more to it I think.

Or he knows that our midfield options are so shite, bar Herrera, that he has a pretty good chance or partnering him for a lot of games.

Vincent Tan has gone HAM
http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-on-lma-1858687.aspx

We had not intended to comment on matters which have been reported in the press over the last two days in relation to Malky Mackay and Iain Moody. However, following the statement released by the LMA last night we feel compelled to respond.

The LMA is the representative voice of managers, and whilst we understand it seeks to act in the best interests of its members, one of its major aims is to "encourage honourable practice, conduct and courtesy in all professional activity”.

Regrettably, we feel that the LMA has done no such thing in its representation of Mr Mackay and Mr Moody. The LMA were aware of the allegations from the morning of the search order, and their lawyers acted for Mr Mackay and Mr Moody throughout the legal process.

That the LMA has sought to criticise the Club for the timing of the report to the FA is preposterous, because the offensive communications have been in the knowledge and possession of the LMA for many months. When the messages came to light, over three months ago, the Club strongly encouraged and advised Mr Moody and Mr Mackay to deal with the issue directly with the FA.

It was made clear to them, and their LMA appointed lawyers, that the nature of the communications meant the Club was under a duty to report their findings to the FA if they did not take appropriate action themselves. Nevertheless, with the backing of the LMA, Mr Moody and Mr Mackay chose to do nothing. The LMA were therefore complicit in the attempt to conceal these messages (of which there were many more than the two isolated texts acknowledged by Mr Mackay).

We also point out that the LMA members have a ‘Code of Conduct’ incorporated into their managerial contracts. One of the requirements is “A Manager shall not use racist or other discriminatory language. A Manager’s behaviour should demonstrate to Players and other employees under his control that discrimination in any form is unacceptable.”

We therefore find it entirely reprehensible that the LMA should itself put out a statement which seeks to dismiss deeply offensive racist comments as 'friendly banter'.

If that is the view held by the LMA, as appears from its statement, we consider that Richard Bevan’s position is untenable and we call for his resignation.

[ENDS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom