• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balotelli training at Milan

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/23/liverpool-mario-balotelli-song

At City, the coaches recall how they would give him DVDs to swot up on the opposition then realise he was watching Laurel and Hardy movies instead. They remember him being fascinated with the sliding doors at their training ground and driving slowly towards the entrance in his camouflage sports car, mounting the kerb to see how close he could get before the glass swung open. We all know about the scraps, the crashes, the pranks. Everyone remembers him chucking darts from a window at the youth-team players or what happened the night before the Manchester derby when he and his gang started letting off fireworks from the bathroom window (though don’t forget he scored a peach the following day).

A part of him, I suspect, will always be that overgrown kid, new to England, who went to John Lewis one afternoon to get an ironing board and came back with a quad bike, a trampoline and a giant Scalextric. It is both his charm and his weakness. The good does outweigh the bad, it’s just a close-run thing sometimes and Liverpool, as Carragher implied, should bear in mind it could involve some sleepless nights.

Bold One

So I started watching Angel a few weeks back (Awesome show btw) better in many ways than Buffy)

and now at Season 5, and something hit me,

images

article_img.jpg

Senior partners at Wolfram &Hart are sure devious

Clegg

Just think about the vast amount of money United have spent since last summer, yet we still haven't sorted out midfield or defence properly.

It's mad.

Zabojnik

Imagine if the Di Maria United bought turns out to be the inconstant one from, uh, one and a half seasons back. The one Madrid fans desperately wanted to get rid of.

Did you manage to find any clips from today's u18s game?

Didn't watch it and don't know of any clips. The crop of players aren't highly rated. Only two players to watch for are Mitchell (winger) and Rashford (#10). Rashford didn't play and he's the youngest player so he was probably involved with the u16s or something.

Compared to:

jxdNGsKxBRdnF.jpg

Didn't watch it and don't know of any clips. The crop of players aren't highly rated. Only two players to watch for are Mitchell (winger) and Rashford (#10).

Compared to:

jxdNGsKxBRdnF.jpg

Adnan looks so cute there.

Hearing alot of good things about Mitchell. Hope to see him play in the FAYC this year.

inky

Imagine if the Di Maria United bought turns out to be the inconstant one from, uh, one and a half seasons back. The one Madrid fans desperately wanted to get rid of.

Can't be worse than what they got now. But I applaud your sensitive touch on the issue. Can see you are enjoying this ;P

Elchele

It's like their budget ran out.

The 2nd part was shit. Blunt continued to be hot.

The kid was really annoying.
I wanted him dead

edit: yeah the movie had a great concept, it could have been a GREAT movie with better director/writers(?). It had a lot of room to expand, and could have been more "layered", but in the end they made it very simple and direct ruining it a bit. Good movie still

wedward

Looper felt like a Christopher Nolan movie.

"Oh I've got a great concept and I'll set up all these expositional ground rules and now I'm bored and now I'll end the movie"

It was inception in reverse. The ground rules were the fun part of looper. The execution was kind of lame.

Luckily in looper that part came first.

Zabojnik

Can't be worse than what they got now. But I applaud your sensitive touch on the issue. Can see you are enjoying this ;P

Junited in misery.

Immobile is kind of shit, isn't he.

He wasn't a good enough striker for Juve. And we deemed the likes of Matri, Boriello, Bendtner and a retired Anelka to be good enough, so you can imagine. Seriously though, I can't seem to get a straight answer out of our Dortmund bros here. It's probably way to early to tell anyway.

@FutbolSergi
Reports picking up the pace in Italy that Milan are targeting Damião and Fred. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse at Milan.

Meier

Look at this golazo that Orlando City scored tonight. So sexy.. that first pass was unbelievable.

(gfy if you click the image)

YES! MOST SUCCESSFUL CLUB IN DA UNIVERSE MAKING A COMEBACK!

We beat both Juve and Sassuolo. Nothing can stop us now.

Seriously though, we played pretty well. It has been interesting how much we have improved as the preseason has developed. If Inzaghi can keep making the team gel like this, we could be surprisingly decent this year.

We still need a prima punta (Pazzini just not good enough as sole striker) and a fucking midfielder though. With a couple more signings and without any European obligations I think we could challenge for third place.

@FutbolSergi
Reports picking up the pace in Italy that Milan are targeting Damião and Fred. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse at Milan.

Fuck me. At this point, I'd rather they just bring Pato back. Better than Torres or fucking Fred, even with the injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom