• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Get rid of Podolski and give his wages + another £100k per week and sign Marco Reus like we should have done at the start of the window rather than have second thoughts because of that stupid injury.

That's not what happened...

He had second thoughts. Not us.

You act like its so easy to sign one of the most coveted players in the world.

this is all based on twitter and newspaper bullshit before Milch throws a shit fit

Pellegrini:

“A lot of media is always talking about money but it was not about money. You can’t do it with money – you can do it with character, with personality, with skill, with style of play, a lot of things. I’m absolutely sure that if you do not spend money on a good squad then it is impossible to win the title but it’s not just impossible for Manchester City.

"It’s impossible for Chelsea, for Arsenal, for Manchester United, for every one of the other team that spends money. And also this year you have a lot of teams who have spent more money than our team – so it’s not money. You spend money because you need a strong squad but there are a lot of things you have to do after the money.”

I liked him more when he didn't say things. This is horribly disingenuous.

also united will be the ugliest team in the top 4 fight

rooney is enough to scar children for life but you have van ghoul, di maria and jones along side him

Random question inspired by the Malky Mackay saga: does Andreas Cornelius look like he's worth £10m yet?

No, but I'm not sure he really ever did. He was fucking amazing for the one season he played for us, and we didn't want to sell him as he was an academy player who only just got his breakthrough. But eventually Cardiff offered enough money that we just couldn't say no.

When they bought him he was scoring on everything he touched pretty much though, and he had just gotten what seemed like a breakthrough on the national team, blasting one in against Cech. But then he got injured for Cardiff and barely even got a chance, which I can kind of understand because he didn't look too great after returning to us for a long time either, this was due to several things though like our midfield not working at all, where he before got lots of crosses that he could dominate defenders on all the time he now got no service.

He has started looking a lot better recently though, and scored some good goals again... But we sold nearly our whole team and replaced it, meaning our midfield now again doesn't work at all, leaving him not getting a lot of goal scoring opportunities 8 goals in 17 matches after his return is decent though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
At some point we need to address De Geas facial hair, it doesnt work, its not Lallana bad but its on the wrong side of acceptable.

At some point we need to address De Geas facial hair, it doesnt work, its not Lallana bad but its on the wrong side of acceptable.

It's worse m8
L4hjtBp.jpg

Gq0a1kE.jpg

dAKeJpS.jpg

Not even Hazards is that bad, and his is real bad.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
im just being jealous

Im strangely jealous of you getting Balotelli, ive no idea why, he is just fun, for some reason I think he will do great for you, despite some stats that suggest his conversion rate is iffy.

Fry

Im strangely jealous of you getting Balotelli, ive no idea why, he is just fun, for some reason I think he will do great for you, despite some stats that suggest his conversion rate is iffy.

Yeah I'm over the top we're getting him. I think he can do great under Rodgers and around players like Sterling, Sturridge, Gerrard.

I can't wait until our team is complete and playing. So exciting!!

I think so, too. His career can only go up from here.

No it can certainly go the down too. This is Chelsea, where strikers comes to die.

He has been really impressive though, not just the goal scoring but he's showing himself to be very capable of setting others up as well, and be used to hold up play (although in the first half today that failed, which I blame on the slow passing ). Only thing you could wish is him being a bit stronger when heading, cause so many goalkicks are lost when he loses out to a defender. But I guess that's what Drogba is here for. But yeah, he put any doubt in my mind I had to shame, I wanted Cavani more but... I really love Costa's attitude, and now i won't trade him for anything.

No it can certainly go the down too. This is Chelsea, where strikers comes to die.

He has been really impressive though, not just the goal scoring but he's showing himself to be very capable of setting others up as well, and be used to hold up play (although in the first half today that failed, which I blame on the slow passing ). Only thing you could wish is him being a bit stronger when heading, cause so many goalkicks are lost when he loses out to a defender. But I guess that's what Drogba is here for.
To me it seems like he has that hunger to just get better and forever improve his game in all aspects. Torres greatly lacked that and Costa comes off as a very hard worker. It can go down of course but I don't forsee it happening unless he suffers a grave injury or a catastrophic loss of form. Really like what I've seen from him thus far.

To me it seems like he has that hunger to just get better and forever improve his game in all aspects. Torres greatly lacked that and Costa comes off as a very hard worker. It can go down of course but I don't forsee it happening unless he suffers a grave injury or a catastrophic loss of form. Really like what I've seen from him thus far.

I actually edited in the part about his attitude, but you quoted me before my stealth edit. :p

Yeah I do love his attitude, he just seems to work for everything and as Mou said, he's not afraid of anything. Some Brazilian street boy, used to having to work hard for everything.

No, but I'm not sure he really ever did. He was fucking amazing for the one season he played for us, and we didn't want to sell him as he was an academy player who only just got his breakthrough. But eventually Cardiff offered enough money that we just couldn't say no.

When they bought him he was scoring on everything he touched pretty much though, and he had just gotten what seemed like a breakthrough on the national team, blasting one in against Cech. But then he got injured for Cardiff and barely even got a chance, which I can kind of understand because he didn't look too great after returning to us for a long time either, this was due to several things though like our midfield not working at all, where he before got lots of crosses that he could dominate defenders on all the time he now got no service.

He has started looking a lot better recently though, and scored some good goals again... But we sold nearly our whole team and replaced it, meaning our midfield now again doesn't work at all, leaving him not getting a lot of goal scoring opportunities 8 goals in 17 matches after his return is decent though.

Glad to hear that he settled back in, he didn't do anything wrong for us so the fans wished him well when he left. I think what didn't help him was he was the piggy in the middle between Tan and Mackay. The manager overpays for him then describes him as "one for the future" which made Tan flip his lid.

Balo cares more about winning penalties than scoring. That was obvious to anyone that watched Milan last season.

I can't imagine many wanting to watch Milan, so it's not obvious to that many I think.

Glad to hear that he settled back in, he didn't do anything wrong for us so the fans wished him well when he left. I think what didn't help him was he was the piggy in the middle between Tan and Mackay. The manager overpays for him then describes him as "one for the future" which made Tan flip his lid.

Haha yeah he did talk a bit about the weird situation, but also said he never actually really talked to Tan.

D_prOdigy

Does Will Hughes still play for Derby?

Surprised none of the promoted clubs have tried to buy him

Aye, surprised Imperial Wizard Mackay never groomed him into the fold, American History X style.

I imagine Moody handing him a napkin at the Kick it Out do. He looks down to read it.

Looks up to see Malky winking.

"There ain't no black in the Union Jack"

LAM09

Former Chelsea and Tottenham boss Andre Villas Boas took a swipe at his former employers, by nominating Roman Abramovich and Daniel Levy for the Ice Bucket Challenge.

LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom