• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lYuXFGr.png

Allegri is going to revive the league

watch this space

Clegg

So if we manage to sign Di Maria and maybe one or two after that, you still have to ask the question of why the club has been fannying around for the last month.

K1LLER7

Koba you knob

---

properly insane amount of money we're paying for Di Maria by the sounds of it
Some say £56m, whilst others say £60 going up to £70m if performance targets are met.

I'll just be happy if we sign him. Massive pressure on the lad but I think he'll be great. No idea how LVG wants to use him.

K1LLER7

So if we manage to sign Di Maria and maybe one or two after that, you still have to ask the question of why the club has been fannying around for the last month.
Maybe the Swansea result had a positive impact on LVG and Wooderz in terms of transfers.

Hope we can get him in and also get Herrera and Rojo available for next weekends game.

RiggyRob

Woowar wants to seem like a big dick OG by getting deals done near the transfer deadline. I'd rather have deals done right at the start since it would mean not losing at home to Swansea, but whatever.

Jarnet87

Some say £56m, whilst others say £60 going up to £70m if performance targets are met.

I'll just be happy if we sign him. Massive pressure on the lad but I think he'll be great. No idea how LVG wants to use him.

Just like Vidal is worth 100 million pounds if it meant we never saw Cleverly or Fletcher again. Di Maria might be worth 200 million pounds if it meant we never saw Young and Valencia again.

I caught the Everton vs Arsenal match on DVR since I was out this morning taking my son to his first movie theater experience.

Hot damn, I thought they would pull it off. Even though the striker was offsides, the Lukaku build up to that second goal was superb. That guy is a beast.

American Superstar Tim Howard wasn't on his game today. He seemed out of position for both Arsenal scores. I wonder how many eff bombs he dropped after the match...

scently

Any way he decides to use him, it will not be in a wing back role. LVG did say that he would like to use 433 if he has a winger like CR7 or DiMaria, it seems we are getting him, so 433 is a viable formation.

Also, he can be used as the second forward in a 352, just like Robben in the Dutch squad and as we saw in Madrid last year, he can be used as a midfielder in a 433 formation.

wedward

I caught the Everton vs Arsenal match on DVR since I was out this morning taking my son to his first movie theater experience.

Hot damn, I thought they would pull it off. Even though the striker was offsides, the Lukaku build up to that second goal was superb. That guy is a beast.

American Superstar Tim Howard wasn't on his game today. He seemed out of position for both Arsenal scores. I wonder how many eff bombs he dropped after the match...

What movie did you guys see?

K1LLER7

Any way he decides to use him, it will not be in a wing back role. LVG did say that he would like to use 433 if he has a winger like CR7 or DiMaria, it seems we are getting him, so 433 is a viable formation.

Also, he can be used as the second forward in a 352, just like Robben in the Dutch squad and as we saw in Madrid last year, he can be used as a midfielder in a 433 formation.
Would like for us to move to a 433, but then it'll probably mean Rooney on the wing.

I can't pretend to care too much about the fee because 1) were desperate 2) rather send the money to Real than keep it - but I can't help but think we could have spent the £120m or whatever it is better than we have.

Anyhow. Di Maria is looking like he could become one of the worlds best players so that's good for us. Feeling very good about the depth in our attack now.

Fry

so madrid sells lopez, di maria

keeps casillas

we ain't winning la liga or cl this season

way to overreact.

you have hames, kroos and you still have ronaldo.

You probably won't miss Di Maria. Casillas can come good again if he actually play 5 games on a roll.

MPW

way to overreact.

you have hames, kroos and you still have ronaldo.

You probably won't miss Di Maria. Casillas can come good again if he actually play 5 games on a roll.

lol you are so wrong

yes, we know bale scored to make it 2-1 in cl final but di maria did all the hard work, he is always one of the top players when it comes to assists

Fry

lol you are so wrong

yes, we know bale scored to make it 2-1 in cl final but di maria did all the hard work, he is always one of the top players when it comes to assists

Well, you have to clear room now... and he doesn't want to stay, so forget him. At least he'll go for a lot of money.

I don't think Di Maria is going to leave Real regretting selling him. He's great but so are your other players.

K1LLER7

I can't pretend to care too much about the fee because 1) were desperate 2) rather send the money to Real than keep it - but I can't help but think we could have spent the £120m or whatever it is better than we have.

Anyhow. Di Maria is looking like he could become one of the worlds best players so that's good for us. Feeling very good about the depth in our attack now.
Yeah, £56 is high but he's coming to the peak of his career. Remember watching his performances last season and he was amazing. Definitely a major reason why Madrid were successful. The "engine" in midfield. Crazy they're selling him but thankfully it's to us and not another PL rival. Really hope (if he comes) he settles in quickly and hits the ground running.

Herrera is a good buy, better than anything else we have in midfield although a little overpriced. However, we aren't really in a power position that allows us to be lowering fees and making demands.

If Shaw can turn out to be the player we all think he can be, than the 30m will seem like a fair price. He's also English. Potentially World Class, but its not a good start with injuries/fitness issues.

In terms of our attack: Rooney, RVP, Januzaj, Di Maria, Mata, Wilson, Chicha, Welbeck, Young and Valencia.

Looks strong and some good depth. A mix of proven and potential.

I really want Januzaj to play tomorrow. Play 433 and start him on the right wing. He needs to play more often so he can develop into the GOAT.

FuturusX

It will be interesting if UTD still don't make top 4 after splashing the cash. The league is lot more competitive right now and pockets are deep.

K1LLER7

Well, you have to clear room now... and he doesn't want to stay, so forget him. At least he'll go for a lot of money.

I don't think Di Maria is going to leave Real regretting selling him. He's great but so are your other players.
The Real Madrid we saw against Atletico the other day is a Madrid lacking Di Maria. Without him they don't have a runner in midfield and really didn't look threatening once they fell behind.

Currently, they have nobody who is at Di Maria's level who can play in that midfield role. Kroos is too similar to Modric imo. James may be able to potentially, but I don't think he is as good defensively.

Di Maria - Alonso - Modric

This was a brilliant midfield and pretty balanced. Madrid really didn't need to change their first 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom