• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milan at their peak is arguably the greatest team of all-time. Now they're reduced to goons like Mexes, Muntari, and possibly Fred. They're literally the footballing equivalent of Konami or Square-Enix in how far they have fallen off. It's so depressing

inky

Dredd was really tight. Nice, compartmentalized script, good performances, great action and visuals. Uncompromising too. Using that R rating well. Very Paul Verhoeven which is the best thing you can say about a movie of this kind so far after the 90s.

How can anyone find it boring? =(

Zabojnik

Yeah, so, about those horrid, horrid yellow numbers / player names on our home jersey. Not only are they butt-ugly, you also can't see shit. Uefa did one thing right and made us change them, presumably back to black. Glad I didn't buy a shirt yet, lol.

How something like this can even happen escapes me, so I'll just blame Nike and John Elkann.

Salazar

How something like this can even happen escapes me, so I'll just blame Nike and John Elkann.

This is 14/15 GOAT

malaga-14-15-away-kitczsdi.jpg
wel2e2y.jpg

longdi

Banned
€70m for ADM? it makes Real buying CR7 looks a like a bargain!

one guy scores 40+ goals per season, makes players like Rooney and ADM looks good playing besides him, generate tons of ads revenue.

the other guy looks like an imp, makes good crosses, makes fancy rabona, but all against loliga defenders.

Salazar

the other guy looks like an imp, makes good crosses, makes fancy rabona, but all against loliga defenders.

gnPZnHB.gif

Something tells me you're approaching this transfer from a dumbass point of view, but ok bro

It's so hard now to tell the difference between trolling and real, unadulterated windowlicking. I blame Pulga.

Tubie

€70m for ADM? it makes Real buying CR7 looks a like a bargain!

one guy scores 40+ goals per season, makes players like Rooney and ADM looks good playing besides him, generate tons of ads revenue.

This is probably one of the most ridiculous posts in this thread.

Ronaldo scores the goals he scores thanks to people like Ozil and Di Maria (and hopefully James).

I was going to write more but I think this is a joke post and I'm being trolled.

Herr K

Banned
Seriously though, we played pretty well. It has been interesting how much we have improved as the preseason has developed. If Inzaghi can keep making the team gel like this, we could be surprisingly decent this year.

We still need a prima punta (Pazzini just not good enough as sole striker) and a fucking midfielder though. With a couple more signings and without any European obligations I think we could challenge for third place.

I was pleased with what I saw. And Diego's reaction on that off side shoot was splendid. He's the gk we needed.

If the Falcao talks are real, first place is what we should aim for. Dream big, Frank!

are you joining us in Milano for Milan-Juve?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Allegri was asked about transfer strategy following the declaration Vidal is not on the market.

Allegri “I am fully in sync with the club and have blind faith in them"

Yes+Man.jpg

Yeah, so, about those horrid, horrid yellow numbers / player names on our home jersey. Not only are they butt-ugly, you also can't see shit. Uefa did one thing right and made us change them, presumably back to black. Glad I didn't buy a shirt yet, lol.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? AHAHAHA omg YES!!! NOW I'm getting my home shirt printed then!

We're getting Podolski.

The year of Allegri.
I'm properly the only person still alive (besides his mum) that rates him. YES PRINCE POLDI

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BvyH0U3IUAA19om.jpg

Still not a fan, but it's Nike's last, "fuck you!" year, so it was to be expected. Much better than the yellow shit though.
That's way better actually. But fucking hell what about all those people with printed shirts now :lol :lol
I want Juve in Dortmunds CL group, so they can crush Zabo with Juve and Allegris smile.
As much as I'd love to that, we're in the same pot!
Yellow was 100% unreadable.

Yurt, why haven't I seen you on twitter?

I'm taking a break from the muppetry/United fans.

Zabojnik

BvyJyU-IYAA6qy3.jpg:large

"Vidal finally back on the field."

They couldn't find an image where it doesn't look like he's dying from Fletcheritis?

I want Juve in Dortmunds CL group, so they can crush Zabo with Juve and Allegris smile.

You sound angry, Penny-chan. You should know I have the utmost respect for Dortmund and its magnificent fans. But I've got to keep Bla happy, otherwise no more used games from Germany for me. Pls understand.

Pennywise

You sound angry, Penny-chan. You should know I have the utmost respect for Dortmund and its magnificent fans. But I've got to keep Bla happy, otherwise no more used games from Germany for me. Pls understand.

Iam :p
Was kinda baffled that german journalists already shat on Immobile, even though there was nearly no decent pass for him.

I really want that match to happen though, it's been so long since they played against Juve.

And Bla doesn't have much games left, he's going digital now.
Pls understand.

Zabojnik

Iam :p
Was kinda baffled that german journalists already shat on Immobile, even though there was nearly no decent pass for him.

Yeah, he's a pretty great finisher actually, but needs that final pass. And really, a Napoletano in Germany. Worlds colliding. Give him time.

wedward

If 42 for Ozil was overpaying, 75 for Di Maria is also.

Not that I think it's a bad thing. United need the player and they have the money. No reason not to.

Rad-

So we may actually get ADM.

I'm still not sure about him. He was amazing the past season as a CM but I bet my ass we will play him as a winger. And as a winger he was really frustrating at times.

But one thing I have always liked about him is that he is a big game player.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Was kinda baffled that german journalists already shat on Immobile, even though there was nearly no decent pass for him
If I learned anything from watching BVB in the last few years, it's that you should only judge their new signings during their second season

So we may actually get ADM.
you won't get anyone.
BvyJyU-IYAA6qy3.jpg:large

"Vidal finally back on the field."

They couldn't find an image where it doesn't look like he's dying from Fletcheritis?
the look of a modern-day millionaire slave.

I'm still not sure about him. He was amazing the past season as a CM but I bet my ass we will play him as a winger. And as a winger he was really frustrating at times.

moyes couldve used di maria

his crosses are mint

Tubie

His natural position is LW, but he's good with his right foot too. Circumstances when he came to Madrid left him playing RW and he was really good too. Him as a CM-winger hybrid is a stroke of genius from Ancelotti, since I never imagined him performing well in that position. You would need a Modric and an Alonso to pull it off tho, so he should not play as CM at United.

The only thing United should worry about is injuries. He just had his first injury free season at Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom