• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
last post :lol fucking ell

Immobile "I spoke with Conte and he wanted to take me back to Juventus," Immobile was quoted as saying by La Repubblica.

"However, Juventus then reached an agreement with Borussia Dortmund. In the end, they were the ones who made the final decision."

B23s03a.png

I'm still not sure about him. He was amazing the past season as a CM but I bet my ass we will play him as a winger. And as a winger he was really frustrating at times.

But one thing I have always liked about him is that he is a big game player.

Although he played in a 3 man midfield last season, he usually was on the left shadowing Ronaldo. So he wasn't exactly a central midfielder.

MPW

Milan at their peak is arguably the greatest team of all-time. Now they're reduced to goons like Mexes, Muntari, and possibly Fred. They're literally the footballing equivalent of Konami or Square-Enix in how far they have fallen off. It's so depressing

pretty much

no one could have predicted how much they have fallen off

It really is a shame that Milan have 3 of the top 5 Italian players for the next decade. They need to be saved.

And fuck Arsenal. Hopefully people will stop going on about Alexis being a central striker. He isn't and we shouldn't use him as one. And defensively I want to cry. What a pile of shit they all are. We are worse than last year.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
To me it feels Serie A went down hill fast right after Moggi-gate.
The short answer is: no. (two CL titles, coulda been 3)

The clubs can't spend as much money as they used to for various reasons. The economy is in the gutter

Arnie

If 42 for Ozil was overpaying, 75 for Di Maria is also.

Not that I think it's a bad thing. United need the player and they have the money. No reason not to.
You're confusing your currencies.

It's £42m for Ozil and £60m for ADM.

Have to see how the latter performs for United to gauge whether it's worth it.

Pennywise

Yeah, he's a pretty great finisher actually, but needs that final pass. And really, a Napoletano in Germany. Worlds colliding. Give him time.
I will.

If I learned anything from watching BVB in the last few years, it's that you should only judge their new signings during their second season

Depends on the player actually.
Allthough not many had their breakthrough in season 1.
Reus maybe and Sokratis, but both knew the league.

Tubie

The short answer is: no.

The clubs can't spend as much money as they used to for various reasons. The economy is in the gutter

Spanish economy is much worse and still Spain manages much better turnouts than Italy.

I remember reading online and in newspapers on how sharp a drop Serie A had in overall attendance. Moggi-gate must've had an impact. I'm not saying it's the only reason but it's a significant part of it.

longdi

Banned
£60m is into superstar category. Manutd have Adnan who plays the same style as ADM.
Chelsea bought Costa for half of that. I dont think ADM is going to be any more influential than those 2.

Poor manyoo bros, your youth system is sucking and now you are getting fleeced with desperate buys!

Tubie

£60m is into superstar category. Manutd have Adnan who plays the same style as ADM.
Chelsea bought Costa for half of that. I dont think ADM is going to be any more influential than those 2.

Poor manyoo bros, your youth system is sucking and now you are getting fleeced with desperate buys!

Costa was a nobody 3 years ago, and so had a joke of a release clause.

Who the fuck is Adnan?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Spanish economy is much worse and still Spain manages much better turnouts than Italy.

Because of your ABSURD TV deal?

Just the simple fact that you're calling it "Moggi-gate" makes me not want to discuss it any further with you because you're clearly clueless

Pennywise

He started slowy last season IIRC hmmm

Like, 9 goals till winter or something

Would be enough, unless our midfielders don't score as much as last season.

Adnan more influential than ADM ?

I CAN'T.

Arnie

Costa was a nobody 3 years ago, and so had a joke of a release clause.

Who the fuck is Adnan?
Don't listen to him.

Adnan is a promising youth player, but not even the most promising foetus in his region, let alone the country.

If ADM replicates his form for Real at United then he'll instantly be a far better purchase than the likes of Ozil and Mata who've gone for big money and done relatively fuck all.

That's not a foregone conclusion, though. United's a vacuum for disappointment at the moment and if the defence and midfield isn't remedied then a lightweight winger may well be caught in it.

longdi

Banned
Obviously Adnan needs some growth time, another mid-season if LVG plays him consistently. ADM was nothing 3 years ago too. I think he had one good(not but spectacular) last season with RM with CR7 and GB11 besides him.

Now he has to carry manyoo with a broken rvp and the ever-overhyped rooney. lol Perez is lol to the bank.

Tubie

Because of your ABSURD TV deal?

Just the simple fact that you're calling it "Moggi-gate" makes me not want to discuss it any further with you because you're clearly clueless

I'm not defending the Spanish TV duopoly, and I'm sorry if "moggi-gate" comes off as ignorant, it's just the way I remember the media calling it. I'm sure it's a dumb catch phrase they used to garner more attention to the story.

I'm not very happy with Serie A's fall from grace. I used to be almost as big a fan of Madrid as I was of Milan when I was very young (Seedorf, Pirlo, Kaka and Pippo were a big part of that treason).

Serie A needs to do something about the stadiums. The TV deal is killing any incentive for fans to go to the stadiums along with the un-family friendly image that they have.

Why would any real top player want to move to Italy and play in half empty stadiums? Even Juve could only move to a 40,000 stadium.

Serie A use to be a pride of joy, in the 90s it might have been the best and most dominate league ever. The best players performing in full stadiums and doing well in Europe. Juve, Lazio, Milan, Inter, Sampdoria and Parma all winning European competitions and getting to finals every year and winning a competition for all but 2 years. Now an Italian team reaches a QF and it is a miracle.

aFOFAFC.jpg

With Rojo and Di maria MU has reclaimed their place at the top !

But United don't spend money

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not defending the Spanish TV duopoly, and I'm sorry if "moggi-gate" comes off as ignorant, it's just the way I remember the media calling it. I'm sure it's a dumb catch phrase they used to garner more attention to the story.

I'm not very happy with Serie A's fall from grace. I used to be almost as big a fan of Madrid as I was of Milan when I was very young (Seedorf, Pirlo, Kaka and Pipo were a big part of that treason).

<3

I'm actually quite happy about Italy's fall from grace, because they deserve every bit of it :lol
Best case scenario is that Juve keeps on winning the league until we effectively turn it into The Scottish League 2.0 :lol it's time for new blood and a rebuilding project.

But now they've hired Tavecchio, a racist 70 y/o zombie to plan for the future of Italian football

And we've hired Allegri, so my Scottish League 2.0 dream is already dead :(

LTWheels

I don't know why, but I sort of want to buy the xbox version of Diablo, despite having the game+exp on the PC. The fact that Metro is coming out next week has just been enough to stop me.

Tubie

<3

I'm actually quite happy about Italy's fall from grace, because they deserve every bit of it :lol
Best case scenario is that Juve keeps on winning the league until we effectively turn it into The Scottish League 2.0 :lol it's time for new blood and a rebuilding project.

But now they've hired Tavecchio, a racist 70 y/o zombie to plan for the future of Italian football

And we've hired Allegri, so my Scottish League 2.0 dream is already dead :(

Allegri looks like he belongs in TV as the "rapist/murderer/kidnapper/robber" actor in those doc-reality shows.

Here is Man U's problem with transfers too:

Players Out:
2014/15 : 8.80 million £
2013/14 : 1.58 million £
2012/13 : 13.32 million £
2010/11 : 16.18 million £
2009/10 : 91.93 million £

And last one is there only because of Ronaldo.

We suck at selling players too.

Compared to this, we spent shit on:
29 m for Fellani
10 m for Zaha
7m for Powell
5m for Henriquez
17m for Jones
16m for Young

It's not just about Moyes.
If you skip through the last 10 years, holy shit there are so many terrible decisions.

Yep. Here's my compilation:
Fellani: 29m
Zaha: 10m
Powell: 7m
Jones: 17m
Young: 16m
Tosic: 6m
Bebe: 8m
Anderson: 27m
Nani: 22m
Diouf 4m

One's we were unlucky on:
Hargreaves: 22m (injury fucked us)
Kagawa: 14m (our managers fucked us)

Pennywise

It's not really about bad luck alone, Nani really looked good back in the day.
What I don't understand is, why is United wasting so much energy on loans for players that won't make it anyway.

It's good for some players that have what it takes to get better at a smaller club, but there are so many players in the list of transfers that are shit.
One of the few that made it was Tosic, who was sold for a decent price later on.

United's net spend isn't so crazy when you consider how we've under-invested in the squad since the CL win. The pendulum had to swing the other way sooner or later. Fellaini and Mata were obvious panic buys though.

Go_Ly_Dow

Fellani: 29m
Zaha: 10m
Powell: 7m
Jones: 17m
Young: 16m
Tosic: 6m
Bebe: 8m
Anderson: 27m
Nani: 22m
Diouf 4m

One's we were unlucky on:
Hargreaves: 22m (injury fucked us)
Kagawa: 14m (our managers fucked us)

Anderson, Nani and Hargreaves were pivotal to several years of success including the CL win.

Worth it.

J Jizzle

So happy with our start to the season. I think if we lost that first United game our heads would have went down and we would be struggling for our first points on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom