• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Sunderland? If they were gonna spend the dosh on Borini no reason they can't use that for Welbeck

Or an 11th hour bid from Levy?

Also Wooden Vetokele scored AGAIN for Charlton. Bloke is on fire

We might loan him if that's an option, we won't pay £14m. Liverpool will still owe us a lot of money for Henderson and Mignolet, I wouldn't be surprised if our "14m" was: we'll write that off and give you 5/6/whatever million.

Sounds like we are pretty close to signing Salomon Kalou, though. If we do we'd use the two loans on a CM and a CB.

Wilbur

Banned
Has this been posted :lol :lol :lol

https://vine.co/v/MLT1uxMbuHx

But nothing happened during that time, you never came to Italy or even called us about him. Negotiations taking place Wilbur's hairless arse

My arse is actually quite hairy, surprisingly.

I wonder if this will speed up any potential departure for Welbeck.

I assume, surely, Di Maria jumps ahead of him in the pecking order no matter what formation we play so it will impinge on his game time even further.

But I don't see who could buy him at the moment.

I'd be fucking devastated if we sold him. I can understand him wanting to go, but... fuck.

Should have sold that cunt Rooney when we had the chance.

Think he'll stay for now.

Maybe he'll leave in January or during next summer. Would think some foreign clubs would be interested but I don't see him wanting to play abroad.
Welbeck playing abroad doesn't seem right. That won't happen.

Southampton should have signed him.

Why didn't we sell Hernandez yet. I don't understand.

K1LLER7

Welbeck playing abroad doesn't seem right. That won't happen.

Southampton should have signed him.

Why didn't we sell Hernandez yet. I don't understand.
Yeah I was thinking Southampton Or even Newcastle (But he isn't French)

LVG values Hernandez? Maybe he'll try to use the players to help sign others.

Manager

Did Porto confirm it was £32m?

English press asked them, Portuguese too. Their share of money became higher because they sold the (full, I think) rights to Brahimi which they just signed (~€7m or something) to Mangala's previous 3rd party owners (making the 3rd party owners share smaller in exchange for Brahimi), that was also the cause of the delay. So people did simple stupid math and figured since Porto got XX millions for their share (through the stock exchange info), the total fee must be XY millions. But in reality, just like always when it comes to 3rd party, it was more complicated than that.

edit
One of several:
David Anderson @MirrorAnderson · Aug 11
Porto say City have paid them 30.5m euros for their 56% share of Mangala. Remaining 9.5m euros has gone to third party.

BBC says the same.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What? I had no idea they spent that much, they really didn't want any more of Demichelis.
Yeah, they paid Porto €30.5m for 56.67 per cent of his rights or something.
Take another holiday.

Or send some texts.

You need to let off some steam m8.
:(

We might go to Rihanna's concert in October! :D
Scored against Real Madrid.

He's up there with the Del Piero's.
How....how dare you -_- He's as good as Totti though I'll give ya that ;)

Manager

Yeah, they paid Porto €30.5m for 56.67 per cent of his rights or something.

Ffs, that's not how it worked in this case. It's never that simple.

David Anderson @MirrorAnderson · Aug 11
Porto say City have paid them 30.5m euros for their 56% share of Mangala. Remaining 9.5m euros has gone to third party.

Tc91

So he's said his goodbyes. The deal is done.

Now go buy Blind and De Jong and we will be in with a great shout of top 4.

Bold One

10628323_706893539381071_1601572453329573337_n.jpg

fake but gets the point across

Wilbur

Banned
De Gea; Rafael, Evans, Rojo, Shaw; De Jong, Herrera, Di Maria; Rooney, van Persie, Mata

Lindegaard, Jones, Blind, Carrick, Valencia, Januzaj, Welbeck

i like it

DANNY DONT GO

confuziz

Banned
De Gea; Rafael, Evans, Rojo, Shaw; De Jong, Herrera, Di Maria; Rooney, van Persie, Mata

Lindegaard, Jones, Blind, Carrick, Valencia, Januzaj, Welbeck

i like it

DANNY DONT GO

Squad too big, imagine when all the injured players come back. Welbeck should go.

I think you have 36 players in your squad, 37 with ADM. 37 players without european football. Yeah I would leave too.

Wilbur

Banned
Squad too big, imagine when all the injured players come back. Welbeck should go.

This includes a few of the injured players though m8

I haven't listed Amos, Smalling, Fletcher, Anderson, Cleverley, Young, Hernandez, Zaha

We should be looking to get rid of all of them barring Smalling and one of our CMs anyway.

confuziz

Banned
This includes a few of the injured players though m8

I haven't listed Amos, Smalling, Fletcher, Anderson, Cleverley, Young, Hernandez, Zaha

We should be looking to get rid of all of them barring Smalling and one of our CMs anyway.

You should, but will it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom