• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing about Sanchez is Wenger hasn't even decided on our formation yet. Doesn't know our best 11 and is still experimenting. This will take time and Özil is outstanding. One of the absolute key players once again to us doing anything this season.

For me. Our best players in order:

1) Özil
2) Sanchez
3) Ramsey

Those 3, solid defence and pleading Wenger buys Carvalho will be our season.

-------------- Sche
Debuchy --- Per Mert ---- Kos ----- Gibbs
-------------- Flamini/Arteta -- Ramsey
Sanchez --------- Ozil ----------- Carzola
-------------------- Giroud

Giroud may not be amazing, but he's the best CF you got right now.

Sanchez plays as an IF.

Walcott comes back, becomes fit and can start every game, may need to rethink some.

jtb

Banned
I'd give Sanchez at least another game or two at CF with Ozil feeding him passes. Not for the CL match though, can't really afford to take any tactical risks.

Giroud works better with the one touch, short passing because he can hold the ball up (and, frankly, he's too slow to do anything else). but I haven't given up on Ozil threading balls through to a Sanchez running behind defenders, playing alongside the last defender.

there's no point in asking Sanchez to play like Giroud because he's not that type of player. that's exactly why we bought him. we tried playing to Giroud's game, it didn't work. time to try something else.

Go_Ly_Dow

Remember when FerGOAT transformed Alan Smith and O'Shea in to competent midfielder for a brief spell?

The man pulled magic out of his ass. Would pay to hear what he came out with in that dressing room at half time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
and right on cue, now Roma and Napoli are after Podolski too :lol :lol

tbf he'll get way more playing time with Napoli, and probably even Roma, and that's what he's looking for.

Fell in to a road last night and a car reversed in to my head. Standard night.

Again, I'm sorry mate I didn't see ya

i really shouldn't car-reverse while drinking again

Just had a fight.

Heads spinning. Hit him full cheek.

Absolute gobshite. Reckon he was a blue cunt. All based on an accusation relating to drugs. I don't do drugs. Not at all. Not any more.

A) I'm not a blue cunt
B) I was talking about Tom Hardy, and as a joke we called him Arnie
C) I almost killed someone 5 mins earlier by reverse parking on his skull SO GIMME A BREAK

(sorry about the ear. In my defense, I knew punching you on your puffy lips would do nothing to you)

Lightning

Banned
I'd give Sanchez at least another game or two at CF with Ozil feeding him passes. Not for the CL match though, can't really afford to take any tactical risks.

Giroud works better with the one touch, short passing because he can hold the ball up (and, frankly, he's too slow to do anything else). but I haven't given up on Ozil threading balls through to a Sanchez running behind defenders, playing alongside the last defender.

there's no point in asking Sanchez to play like Giroud because he's not that type of player. that's exactly why we bought him. we tried playing to Giroud's game, it didn't work. time to try something else.
Sanchez will get much better once Theo is also back. Theo offers pace but he also forces players to watch him, keeps them back, and provides very good crosses as RVP benefited greatly from. Theo would work much better with a Sanchez than a Giroud simply because Giroud does not beat players nor does he get into great scoring places with his movement so that nullifies both Walcott and Özil.

RVP's movement is outstanding, Sanchez needs to do this, run at players, take them on. Giroud holds players off as he's pretty strong, extremely good defensively and workrate and tracks but we wont win us tight games with his striker skills more often than not.

Zabojnik

Looking at all the names that are being thrown around, only one thing is certain: we'll sign a shit striker. I'm not too bothered, since it's a backup CF, but still. Damiao, Podolski, Hernandez, Falcao ... not a good one between them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Podolski's agent "Your country [Italy] is attractive, as they play good football and have several top clubs on a European level,”

I think he's confusing the Italian Serie A with the Brazilian Serie A here

“Napoli are certainly one of those clubs, even if so far we haven’t had any official contact with the Azzurri.

“Physically Lukas is in good shape. It goes without saying he’d like to play more, but I won’t get into technical decisions.

“Juventus? We are prepared to evaluate any proposal. Regardless of the type of contract, you have to consider my client – like any footballer – wants to play as much as possible.”

subtles

Looking all the names that are being thrown around, only one thing is certain: we'll sign a shit striker. I'm not too bothered, since it's a backup CF, but still. Damiao, Podolski, Hernandez, Falcao ... not a good one between them.

You let Immobile get away.

A shit striker is proper punishment.

Lightning

Banned
I think he's confusing the Italian Serie A with the Brazilian Serie A here
On Podolski he's almost definitely gone. Wenger was asked on the Balotelli pass and he listed all our striking options, citing our so called depth, but DIDN'T list Podolski. I'm annoyed we are letting a good player and professional for us go in the last week of the transfer window. WTF Arsene?

subtles

Subtles I private messaged you a couple weeks ago and you didn't reply :(

Looking forward to tonight and tomorrow? (City and Balotelli ;))

:0

I just checked my inbox and there is no message! Maybe you forgot to hit send?! If it's in your 'Sent' column please forward it again!

sorry about this m8

YES! That Brendan touch on Balotelli will turn him into the PL top scorer.

The Brenaissance will take us places we've never been before. Words can't describe how excited I am for this season (especially tomorrow!) now that Luis is gone.

Nyx

Lovely weekend.

C8sfbX5.png

Utrecht is about to sign Swedish youngster Kristoffer Peterson from Liverpool.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
On Podolski he's almost definitely gone. Wenger was asked on the Balotelli pass and he listed all our striking options, citing our so called depth, but DIDN'T list Podolski. I'm annoyed we are letting a good player and professional for us go in the last week of the transfer window. WTF Arsene?
sounds like there's a rift between them or something. Prince Poldi is no stranger to fighting with managers
Subtles I private messaged you a couple weeks ago and you didn't reply :(

Classic Subtles

TeddyBoy

:0

I just checked my inbox and there is no message! Maybe you forgot to hit send?! If it's in your 'Sent' column please forward it again!

sorry about this m8

YES! That Brendan touch on Balotelli will turn him into the PL top scorer.

The Brenaissance will take us places we've never been before. Words can't describe how excited I am for this season (especially tomorrow!) now that Luis is gone.

Turns out I'm a complete clown since it isn't in my sent items :(

It wasn't anything major, just hadn't seen you post too often and wanted to make sure you were still around :)

Loooool Sturridge and Gerrard will have something to say about that top scorer ;) (Gerrard will score hat ricks of penalties like he nearly did at Old Trafford last year :p)

This season looks to be great, with Super Mario we might be able to compete for some trophies now and have a good cup run :D

Classic Teddy this time Yurt :p

If your still around Lightning a lot of Liverpool fans want Everton to do well since a lot of families/friends have mixed teams. My dad and brother are both Everton fans and I've been to Goodison Park (to watch a game against Arsenal :lol).

subtles

Fret not Teddy

It happens sometimes. I've been really busy on a project lately and haven't had time to visit the thread. I'll be around more, hopefully.

Daniel needs to step up this season. I'm glad Mario is here for when he's injured, at the very least.

Classic Subtles

this passive aggressive behavior breaks my heart

what happened to my Yurt

where is he

;_;

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Classic subtles mindgames* -_-

what happened to my Yurt

where is he

;_;

It's a defence mechanism that kicks in whenever I remember that Allegri is our manager :(

And that rvy and Richie are DEAD

TeddyBoy

Fret not Teddy

It happens sometimes. I've been really busy on a project lately and haven't had time to visit the thread. I'll be around more, hopefully.

Daniel needs to step up this season. I'm glad Mario is here for when he's injured, at the very least.

Hopefully your project hasn't been giving you too hard of a time :) it's a long season and they'll be plenty of ups and downs so I'm sure you find some spare time down the road :)

Daniel will be doing well to score more goals this season compared to last :p I'll be happy for him to match last season!

what happened to my Yurt

where is he

;_;

Vidalgate happened :(

subtles

Thanks, Teddy! Yeah, no worries. Let's win every trophy possible for Moyseh.

Poor man didn't have the resources LvG does.
He almost beat Bayern!

Johnson is predicted to start over Manquillo tonight

Why brendan ;_;

I knew this would happen. Johnson should be benched regardless of his 'seniority'.

Go_Ly_Dow

Absolutely. The floodgates are open

Gaal specifically mentioned him post match obviously to get the players attention. Coupled with the attractiveness of Do Maria coming to United and the game against SunderlaNd desperately highlighting the need for a talented CM the motions have been set.

Vidal will now push for a move and we will now pay over the odds to secure our man.

Prepare for deadline day muppetry of levels never seen as we throw our last sponsorship penny at Junited.

The beacons have been lit. Help is coming.

BELIEVE!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gaal specifically mentioned him post match obviously to get the players attention. Coupled with the attractiveness of Do Maria coming to United and the game against SunderlaNd desperately highlighting the need for a talented CM the motions have been set.

Vidal will now push for a move and we will now pay over the odds to secure our man.

Prepare for deadline day muppetry of levels never seen as we throw our last sponsorship penny at Junited.

The beacons have been lit. Help is coming.

BELIEVE!

Wait...what did he say about the Usurper again? :lol

Go_Ly_Dow

Wait...what did say about the Usurper again? :lol

When asked if Di Maria is a player he would like to sign, Van Gaal confirmed he is but added: “I like Messi also and I like Vidal also so we have a lot of players in this world that I like but they cannot come always to Manchester United.”

pulga

Banned
Wait...what did say about the Usurper again? :lol

When asked about Di Maria, Ghoul said he liked him, but that he also liked Vidal AND Messi

Guess Messi is heading to Old T, as well :lol

edit: wait nvm am i blind or did you edit

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
When asked if Di Maria is a player he would like to sign, Van Gaal confirmed he is but added: “I like Messi also and I like Vidal also so we have a lot of players in this world that I like but they cannot come always to Manchester United.”

WELP that confirms it then.

well this AND removing Vidal's name from our store last night.

tumblr_nas26b2RYd1s8z5rho1_500.gif

Lightning

Banned
Square Enix really are a pack of twats. The trophies in KH 1.5 final mix are a major pain in the ass. Unchanging Armor trophy? Really square not allowed to change anything in the entire game? Fuck that shit. A different trophy for each difficulty level? Play the game 3 times? Goodness sake. And proud mode is ridiculously hard.

Argh. Love the game but KH2 better not have this sort of crap trophies in it.

I would be depressed too if Di Maria is leaving. I like Hames, but I don't think he'd be as effective as Di Maria would be this season. Not yet, anyway.

Anyway Pulga,

Be solaced by the fact that your biggest just added a striker who can't handle intense pressure well (Suarez will do something stupid during el Classico, believe it), a broken down defender and that their two best midfielders are too old to be able to Tiki Taka well.

Really??? what was their reason?

I used unotelly, but once logged in via unblock us too. Maybe the different dns screwed me. But some forums claim that a smartdns is not enough, should use a VPN all the time on PLP.

Anyway this is what I got:

Dear Potentially Sneaky User

We have detected that you may be using your PremierLeaguePass subscription outside of New Zealand, Taiwan or the Philippines, which is a breach of our terms and conditions. As a result, we have had to suspend your subscription.

If you believe you are receiving this in error, please contact us on one of the following numbers:

0800 PL PASS (New Zealand)
0809 090 192 (Taiwan)
1-800-1-116-1165 (Philippines)

Thanks,
PLP

I used unotelly, but once logged in via unblock us too. Maybe the different dns screwed me. But some forums claim that a smartdns is not enough, should use a VPN all the time on PLP.

Anyway this is what I got:

Dear Potentially Sneaky User

We have detected that you may be using your PremierLeaguePass subscription outside of New Zealand, Taiwan or the Philippines, which is a breach of our terms and conditions. As a result, we have had to suspend your subscription.

If you believe you are receiving this in error, please contact us on one of the following numbers:

0800 PL PASS (New Zealand)
0809 090 192 (Taiwan)
1-800-1-116-1165 (Philippines)

Thanks,
PLP

Damn. I haven't had mine suspended yet :p guess I'm just lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom