• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labadal

Since we are posting Cleverly Jokes

From Reddit:

"I'd happily let my daughter date Tom Cleverly. Because there's absolutely no danger of penetration."

More stuff about ClevGOD:

"Tom Cleverley has 3 CAREER assists for Manchester United. He has not had an assist since May 19, 2013 (that crazy 5-5 draw with West Brom)"

dc57, please don't hack other footy gaf accounts.

Labadal

We might make it to Championship playoffs next year with that squad

Might

On a more serious note: i took a look at your defence will thinking about my FPL team for next week and all I have to say is WHAT THE FUCK am I seeing? that defence is not much better than the midfield.

Blackett shows some potential.
Can't judge Keane yet.
Smalling could work as a reserve.
Evans is ok.
Jones can be good but sometimes his face says it all.
Rafael can be good when he deosn't get brain farts or when he breaks.
Rojo and Shaw, can't judge yet.
Varela, lol.

And here I was, complaining about Johnson and Toure.

United need 5 players IMO: 2 CBS, a rb and two midfielders.

Thing is, even with these players they will still have fuck all quality depth as well

Fergie really did a number on the united team in his latter years

Thing is, even with these players they will still have fuck all quality depth as well

If we indeed had 5 new players (who are of some class and experience), then we should be fine dept wise as well. The people playing now would be decent as backup as long as only 1 or 2 of them have to play due to injuries and what not. The rest of the team would cope with it. The problem right now is all those backup players are first choice and as such the team cant cope.

kind of hope this Destro deal goes through cause we need another striker. His agent saying Milan and Chelsea are interested. The papers are saying Spurs are also interested. Please Torres join Roma on loan!

Hindle

Banned
I'm suprised how poor United have become when handling young players. The likes of Zaha, Powell, the Keane brothers, have all been neglected. Compare that to Liverpool and the way Henderson and Stirling have come on. It's a stark contrast.

Just watched Malaga vs Bilbao highlights. Joke decision by the ref. Perfectly good headed goal by the Bilbao keeper in the 96th minute and the ref waited until the ball was in the back before whistling. Was perfectly good goal.

On a more serious note: i took a look at your defence will thinking about my FPL team for next week and all I have to say is WHAT THE FUCK am I seeing? that defence is not much better than the midfield.

Blackett shows some potential.
Can't judge Keane yet.
Smalling could work as a reserve.
Evans is ok.
Jones can be good but sometimes his face says it all.
Rafael can be good when he deosn't get brain farts or when he breaks.
Rojo and Shaw, can't judge yet.
Varela, lol.

And here I was, complaining about Johnson and Toure.

Evans is the only decent-good CB we have, only one who should be starting for MU.
Although Jones has been half decent these two games, but he is prone to too many errors and is not good enough for MU.
Rafael was the best RB in the league couple of seasons back and he can get at the level again with a good winger in front of him.

Smalling sucks.
Blackett has been decent, but at fault for Swansea's 2nd goal.

We ideally need 2 new CBs, one like Vidic.

If we got all of those we'd be fine for depth, assuming they were good buys. CB back up would basically be Jones, Evans and Smalling which isn't great but it's not terrible.

If we signed Strootman and De Jong, then paired with Carrick and Herrera that's not terrible for CM.

Really it just depends on getting the right players. We signed Rojo and Fellaini for like £50m and neither are up to it. I think Rojo will suck.

I'm suprised how poor United have become when handling young players. The likes of Zaha, Powell, the Keane brothers, have all been neglected. Compare that to Liverpool and the way Henderson and Stirling have come on. It's a stark contrast.

Henderson didn't come through Liverpool unlike Keane brothers.

Zaha and Powell's problems are their work ethics. They have NONE.

K1LLER7

If we got all of those we'd be fine for depth, assuming they were good buys. CB back up would basically be Jones, Evans and Smalling which isn't great but it's not terrible.

If we signed Strootman and De Jong, then paired with Carrick and Herrera that's not terrible for CM.

Really it just depends on getting the right players. We signed Rojo and Fellaini for like £50m and neither are up to it. I think Rojo will suck.
He'll be our new Evra.

Always out of position.

kind of hope this Destro deal goes through cause we need another striker. His agent saying Milan and Chelsea are interested. The papers are saying Spurs are also interested. Please Torres join Roma on loan!

Imagine how annoyed cole will be :p

Destro would be interesting although I doubt we are going to sign anyone this week. Cech and Torres out maybe, if Torres won't go then perhaps they'll finally shift mikel.

We need to get rid of two players for CL quota I think I read recently. I wouldn't be surprised if we went for Welbeck but I doubt united would deal, remy would be the other player we might go for but we tried in 2012 and he failed his medical so we cancelled it. We can't really afford to sign any other foreign players so I think we might go for someone English.

I was thinking about Connor wick ham who has 1 year left on his Sunderland deal…

Quite the opposite, I think Rojo will be fine, paired at the back with Evans.

Of course prefer two completely different CBs like Benatia and Godin

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Destro is EASILY their best striker, so I'd LOVE IT if you guys steal him

and by you guys I mean ANYONE

Hindle

Banned
Henderson didn't come through Liverpool unlike Keane brothers.

Zaha and Powell's problems are their work ethics. They have NONE.

Rogers has developed Henderson and Stirling into the players they are today. He took two lads, and completely transformed them into potential world beaters.

United could have done the same with Zaha and Powel, but they botched it.

Rogers has developed Henderson and Stirling into the players they are today. He took two lads, and completely transformed them into potential world beaters.

United could have done the same with Zaha and Powell, but they botched it.

Zaha and Powell are spoiled brats unlike Sterling and Hendo. And nowhere near as good either.

You can only develop players who want to work towards it. Not someone who doesn't show up to training because it was optional.

Destro is EASILY their best striker, so I'd LOVE IT if you guys steal him

and by you guys I mean ANYONE

I really don't see Roma selling anyone. They don't have too and everyone seems to enjoy playing for Garcia. Their American owner also comes from a culture of owner power so I don't see him caving in if a player demands to move.

Why MU spend is still shit comparatively:

In the last 4 years(2009-13), United brought in £1.3 Billion in revenue and spent £164.1 mil on transfer fees i.e. 13% of revenue. During same period: MCFC 53%, CFC 32%, LFC 30%

Imagine what we could be at MCFC spending levels.

United could have done the same with Zaha and Powel, but they botched it.
Nonsense.

First off you have to have the talent. Sterling has been recognised as one of England's most talented players for a while if you followed football at the youth levels in England. He had his debut under Dalglish at 17. That potential hasn't come from nowhere.

Rodgers has obv done a great job with them, and others. But remember Rodgers was looking to sell Henderson last summer.

United's problems are complex. Part of it is the clubs fault, the players and also just circumstance. 3 managers in a 24 month period all with different plans and ideas is not good for player development.

Hindle

Banned
Zaha and Powell are spoiled brats unlike Sterling and Hendo. And nowhere near as good either.

You can only develop players who want to work towards it. Not someone who doesn't show up to training because it was optional.

Again I'd say that's Uniteds fault for not using proper discipline when dealing with the young lads. Discipline again being instrumental in development.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I really don't see Roma selling anyone. They don't have too and everyone seems to enjoy playing for Garcia. Their American owner also comes from a culture of owner power so I don't see him caving in if a player demands to move.

they don't have to, but they'll bite your hand off as soon as you show them the money

So Chelsea

show-me-the-money.gif

Mou

show-me-the-money-o.gif

I can't hear ya

1606408_o.gif

and he's wearing some Roma shorts how perfect is that

Imagine how annoyed cole will be :p

Destro would be interesting although I doubt we are going to sign anyone this week. Cech and Torres out maybe, if Torres won't go then perhaps they'll finally shift mikel.

We need to get rid of two players for CL quota I think I read recently. I wouldn't be surprised if we went for Welbeck but I doubt united would deal, remy would be the other player we might go for but we tried in 2012 and he failed his medical so we cancelled it. We can't really afford to sign any other foreign players so I think we might go for someone English.

I was thinking about Connor wick ham who has 1 year left on his Sunderland deal…

I thought with Romeu gone we were fine but I was wrong. I assume two out for one in. If we were going to use an English striker we would use Bamford surely!

Again I'd say that's Uniteds fault for not using proper discipline when dealing with the young lads. Discipline again being instrumental in development.
This is also silly.

It's a two way street but if for instance your player is a drunk, you can't just expect the club to solve that.

loving the BeIN sports highlights show. All the goals across europe in one place.

Fucking hell Robben looks in scary form already, but that Wolfsburg miss might be the greatest miss ever.

they don't have to, but they'll bite your hand off as soon as you show them the money

So Chelsea

tumblr_m3bwbqNJIG1rrgbmqo1_500.gif

In past years yes, but now they have a new kit deal and CL football. I expect this side to stay together for at least the next season.

Hindle

Banned
Nonsense.

First off you have to have the talent. Sterling has been recognised as one of England's most talented players for a while if you followed football at the youth levels in England. He had his debut under Dalglish at 17. That potential hasn't come from nowhere.

Rodgers has obv done a great job with them, and others. But remember Rodgers was looking to sell Henderson last summer.

United's problems are complex. Part of it is the clubs fault, the players and also just circumstance. 3 managers in a 24 month period all with different plans and ideas is not good for player development.

Ive watched Powell during his days at Crewe, the guy was awesome. Zaha at Palace was the same. They go to United and fail.

I agree about Uniteds problems, it's just a shame it's the young players who will suffer the most.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
In past years yes, but now they have a new kit deal and CL football. I expect this side to stay together for at least the next season.

Roma's American owner was interviewed like a couple of days ago and he was like "Football is a business we'll consider all offers xoxo"

they'll sell anyone at anytime, that's their project.

Destro and Benatia are as good as gone.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I havent seen De Jong play much, to those who have if you were ranking him in a tier of PL Dm's, how would he compare to other DM's in the league? He doesnt sound tier 1 (top 4 team) but probably comfortably tier 2.

Roma's American owner was interviewed like a couple of days ago and he was like "Football is a business we'll consider all offers"

they'll sell anyone at anytime, that's their project.

of course if someone offers crazy money. but the amount being thrown around for Benatia is pathetic, and as you said Destro is their only striker.
Borriello is dead

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
of course if someone offers crazy money. but the amount being thrown around for Benatia is pathetic, and as you said Destro is their only striker.
Borriello is dead

you have a very romantic idea about Roma, they'll never be that club. They'll just take the highest offer (Bayern's 26m) for Benatia before this window shuts.

sohois

I havent seen De Jong play much, to those who have if you were ranking him in a tier of PL Dm's, how would he compare to other DM's in the league? He doesnt sound tier 1 (top 4 team) but probably comfortably tier 2.

The PL currently has a bit of a dearth of proper DMs, since neither Liverpool nor Arsenal play with one. If Chelsea hadn't signed Matic then City would be the only club with a top DM in Fernandinho - though I would say a good argument could also be made for Schneiderlin.

De Jong likely compares quite well really - he's probably at least on the level of a Barry or Tiote.

Fry

Lightning, I also don't get why we fight so much.

I like Arsenal more than the other top teams, I guess I just do it because you guys do it. It's like it's personal and not related to the team, but the fans.

you have a very romantic idea about Roma, they'll never be that club. They'll just take the highest offer (Bayern's 26m) for Benatia before this window shuts.

not Roma, I like to think the whole of Serie A can withstand the might of the rest of Europe. So far Serie A hasn't really lost anyone not worthy. Plus if Benatia goes for that much then there are a lot of clubs around Europe, especially Barca, who have to have a long look at themselves.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lightning, I also don't get why we fight so much.

I like Arsenal more than the other top teams, I guess I just do it because you guys do it. It's like it's personal and not related to the team, but the fans.

Scared_of_lightning.gif

not Roma, I like to think the whole of Serie A can withstand the might of the rest of Europe. So far Serie A hasn't really lost anyone not worthy. Plus if Benatia goes for that much then there are a lot of clubs around Europe, especially Barca, who have to have a long look at themselves.

All they want really is 30 million, and he's easily worth double that amount in today's market. I don't get why no one is after him :lol

Yeah United, 30 million.

EUROS

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone think we are going to field our best team against MK Dons? Wouldnt surprise me, firstly we dont have shit for depth and secondly every game is important for confidence and learning the system. Maybe shift in Wilson and start Adnan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom