• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Giroud cost us the match against Besiktas and now that he gets a late equaliser against Everton I read articles about how good Giroud is.

Appreciate the goal against Everton but would have preferred he converted one of his chances in our cl qualifier.

I can't deal with these formations man

I know what it feels like now

United bros you have to stop

oJoRZ21.png

Carbonox

YES ARNIE

spark a wasteman

My wrist is fucked. Possibly the car running it over may have contributed. I can't remember. I did eat chicken off the floor though and fingered my mate's best friend's arsecunt at her place.

From what I can tell, the wingbacks are not offering the midfield any runs so even if they wanted to try a through ball they can't. The fact that they're stationary makes it so easy for everyone to defend. As soon as they get the ball there is no danger because 1. Valencia will always pass back or try a low hard drilled cross with his right foot and 2. Young will always get it on to his right and try to float in a cross to the far post.

Even though Adnan wasn't good he at least didn't shirk responsibility like Cleverley. Cleverley just passes sideways, does not try to dribble forward, nor tries a killerball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkQLtDnvvnE

The wingbacks are the biggest issue for me.

Giroud cost us the match against Besiktas and now that he gets a late equaliser against Everton I read articles about how good Giroud is.

Appreciate the goal against Everton but would have preferred he converted one of his chances in our cl qualifier.

he had several earlier chances against Everton, which although a tad difficulty he should have done better on. Good header, but his conversion rate is awful.

He just isn't a match winner.

Edit: I see Destro is linked with Chelsea. I would love him at Arsenal as he is a great finisher. Also the system we use is quite similar to Roma so he should be able to fit it quickly.

Bks3h_-CYAAyOSq.jpg:medium

jtb

Banned
Giroud is still shit.

Ineffective in first half not because of Giroud absence but because broken system w/ Jacky running the show. I can't write off Sanchez just yet

K1LLER7

Januzaj is going through the same phase Sterling went through in his second season as a first team player, methinks.
Wasn't last season Sterling's 2nd season?

Think Januzaj needs to be played further up the pitch, behind the striker or on the right wing to get th best out of him. Today Kagawa would've been the better sub for CM.

GorillaJu

Wasn't last season Sterling's 2nd season?

Think Januzaj needs to be played further up the pitch, behind the striker or on the right wing to get th best out of him. Today Kagawa would've been the better sub for CM.

Yeah and he was used very sparingly and didn't change much until around Christmas time where he ramped up his level exponentially.

GorillaJu

We'll lose but if we put in a good shift I'll be pleased. Ideally we score one near the end so it builds some morale for next week. I'm afraid of the Spurs game.

I wish I didn't have Kolarov and Sterling starting. Clean sheet vs Sterling goals. Hopefully Kolarov scores and get an assist for Dzeko and Sterling scores only the one.

Lightning

Banned
I thought you were one of the good guys.
I would have wanted you guys to win until the ridiculous levels of trolling that got thrown at us during our Everton game. From there it became very clear, Liverpool cannot have any success or Liverpool fans will become even more insufferable pains in the ass.

The Arsenal-gaf vs Liverpool gaf fued is one of the stupidest and most pointless in existence. We troll and banter the crap out of one another when the true enemies Chelsea, City, United continue to win things and laugh at us thinking we're somebody. To get the proper respect one can't come close to winning, you have to win. And our clubs don't.

GorillaJu

I would have wanted you guys to win until the ridiculous levels of trolling that got thrown at us during our Everton game. From there it became very clear, Liverpool cannot have any success or Liverpool fans will become even more insufferable pains in the ass.

Being an insufferable pain in the ass is my specialty so no disagreement there, but the way you draw your conclusion is hilarious. Every man woman and child joined in to giggle at Arsenal—making it out as if only Liverpool fans were enjoying it is what we call projecting.

Lightning

Banned
Being an insufferable pain in the ass is my specialty so no disagreement there, but the way you draw your conclusion is hilarious. Every man woman and child joined in to giggle at Arsenal—making it out as if only Liverpool fans were enjoying it is what we call projecting.
Liverpool gaf stood out along with United gaf.

Felt like last match was a waste of time. Didn't care for that particular line up and none of those players bring excitement to the team. Mata, Rooney, and RVP are just too slow. I can't wait for Di Maria to come to spark a change in formation.

Lightning

Banned
Felt like last match was a waste of time. Didn't care for that particular line up and none of those players bring excitement to the team. Mata, Rooney, and RVP are just too slow. I can't wait for Di Maria to come to spark a change in formation.
What happened to all the LvG hype we got bombarded with during the world cup? Haha. Best manager I remember a few saying. Just lol

GorillaJu

Mata looks so unspectacular for United. Just like Ozil and Sanchez for Arsenal. Top class players who look absolutely ordinary in Premier League teams.

Marie might help United but unless the midfield is reinforced that's gonna be a huge wasted outlay.

Mata looks so unspectacular for United. Just like Ozil and Sanchez for Arsenal. Top class players who look absolutely ordinary in Premier League teams.

Marie might help United but unless the midfield is reinforced that's gonna be a huge wasted outlay.

I think he needs runners. He doesn't have that at United. Rooney and RVP are both slow. Young and Valencia don't make any runs and lack any sort of creativity and balls. I think the attack will click with Di Maria and a return to using wingers. Midfield will still suck though.

Look at Chelsea. Even with Torres, at least the attack had Hazard and a wide player like Willian/Schurrle. A player that can make runs and a player that can dribble. It makes things much easier for the creative players.

Lightning

Banned

Bit early for Sanchez criticism, isn't it? Guy has hardly had a chance to get settled in. Özil clearly unfit and yet still didn't play badly. His defending aside since we know he sucks at that he had a good game going forward, especially second half.

Criticising Sanchez now is like saying Shaw is a waste of money. Way to early for that.

And now, in your regularly scheduled weekly River Plate update:

The defending champions obliterated Godoy Cruz by a tally of 4-0. Teófilo Gutiérrez had another great outing, netting two goals for the defending AFA champions. The win moves our favorite team from Buenos Aires into second place in the league with seven points, trailing Vélez Sarsfield who remain a perfect three for three with nine points.

I think he needs runners. He doesn't have that at United. Rooney and RVP are both slow. Young and Valencia don't make any runs and lack any sort of creativity and balls. I think the attack will click with Di Maria and a return to using wingers. Midfield will still suck though.

Look at Chelsea. Even with Torres, at least the attack had Hazard and a wide player like Willian/Schurrle. A player that can make runs and a player that can dribble. It makes things much easier for the creative players.

I feel like LVG is toooooooo stubborn to switch from his 352

Maybe he will prove me wrong but I doubt I am

And 352 will be the death of us because it can be countered easily in the EPL

And now, in your regularly scheduled weekly River Plate update:

The defending champions obliterated Godoy Cruz by a tally of 4-0. Teófilo Gutiérrez had another great outing, netting two goals for the defending AFA champions. The win moves our favorite team from Buenos Aires into second place in the league with seven points, trailing Vélez Sarsfield who remain a perfect three for three with nine points.

I'm a bostero, and man, I remember all of the ignorance in the WC thread. Teofilo is the best player in the Argentina league and he is not even THAT motivated. Coming from a really poor origin too.

Respect for my man

GorillaJu

You're right but there's still too little fluidity between players. They'll get better as the season goes on but last night you had precious few chances and I'm not sure that a winger is going to change that.

Rockyrock

he had several earlier chances against Everton, which although a tad difficulty he should have done better on. Good header, but his conversion rate is awful.

He just isn't a match winner.

Edit: I see Destro is linked with Chelsea. I would love him at Arsenal as he is a great finisher. Also the system we use is quite similar to Roma so he should be able to fit it quickly.

Bks3h_-CYAAyOSq.jpg:medium

I heard rumors he's coming to Milan

You're right but there's still too little fluidity between players. They'll get better as the season goes on but last night you had precious few chances and I'm not sure that a winger is going to change that.

Not only that. Cleverley did nothing for us yesterday creatively, he seems to pass more to defenders than trying to press up front. Most of the time it was like us trying to retain possession, failing spectacularly opening us up for counter attacks.

valeo

Erm, Ozil was one of our best players in a season where we led for most of it. (until he got injured, and our creativity dried up)

Sanchez has played 2 games and he isn't fit yet. Enough said.

Mata was great at Chelsea.

Basically, you're an idiot.

Lightning

Banned
Erm, Ozil was one of our best players in a season where we led for most of it. (until he got injured, and our creativity dried up)

Sanchez has played 2 games and he isn't fit yet. Enough said.

Mata was great at Chelsea.

Basically, you're an idiot.
Thing about Sanchez is Wenger hasn't even decided on our formation yet. Doesn't know our best 11 and is still experimenting. This will take time and Özil is outstanding. One of the absolute key players once again to us doing anything this season.

For me. Our best players in order:

1) Özil
2) Sanchez
3) Ramsey

Those 3, solid defence and pleading Wenger buys Carvalho will be our season.

tri_willy

Thing about Sanchez is Wenger hasn't even decided on our formation yet. Doesn't know our best 11 and is still experimenting. This will take time and Özil is outstanding. One of the absolute key players once again to us doing anything this season.

For me. Our best players in order:

1) Özil
2) Sanchez
3) Ramsey

Those 3, solid defence and pleading Wenger buys Carvalho will be our season.

that shit should have been sorted out prior to the start of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom