• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

Based Cranston.

iby2VTrKCg7fZB.gif

What a legend.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
What do I do with Giroud in FPL.

I don't know who to sell him for. Can only upgrade really but I don't have the money. Then I have to sell someone else. But who. And then transfers.

God this is shit. He's going to go down by at least 0.2 this week.

Halp.

dzeko is 8.5 too, or you could pick up zarate for a song and pocket the change.

nitewulf

Cranston for president.

If we are really gonna even try to stay in the top four, a scorer is needed, Sanogo is not going to cut it. Falcao for 20 million is a great option, even off injury he beat us. This guy can get shit done.

I think Allen is a good player, but for me he lacks the decisive bit of pace or ingenuity to perform well against a team like City. He looked decent up until he was forced to beat a man around the 18 yard box.

K1LLER7

Just seen this in the Daily Fail ADMaria article. Is this old news?

Madrid are also agreeing terms over United right-back Guillermo Varela. The 21-year-old Uruguayan only joined United a year ago from Penarol but will move to Real Madrid's B team Castilla to play under Zinedine Zidane. The deal is likely to be a loan with a view to a permanent £3million transfer.

DominoKid

Really tragic bit in Sunday's game when we were on a counter and Rooney had the ball, kicked it past the defender and then just pushed him over.

Good old days Rooney and Ronaldo would tear up the pitch and nothing could stop em.

Saite though. We got Di Marie now.

i can't wait for the first time Di Maria goes off on a run and then he has no one w/in 15 yards of him to pass to. you know it's gonna happen.

It might be bad time, especially financially Milan, but there's no need to announce transfers at the airport

rIqCVa8.jpg

Now Roma needs a striker... Right? Pack your bags please Torres

W9ymX97.jpg

Remy or Bony, who gives a fuck, anything but Torres.

Pennywise

Ugh waking up at 5 am, even though I got holidays....wtf is wrong with me.
Missed the match yesterday, never expected a 3:1 after the first 35 minutes.

Tubie

Casillas(Navas as soon as Casillas fucks up big time)
Carvajal-Pepe-Ramos-Coentrao
Khedira-Modric
Bale-Kroos-Ronaldo
Benz

This is the only solution I see now that we don't have Di Maria.

4-3-3 won't work without him, not when you play with 3(4) strikers with poor defensive work rate.

Di Maria was perfect, could defend, pass and score. I'm sure he will lead United to at least 4th place.

LTWheels

I actually think a lot of our defensive problems in our last two games stems from Skrtel, from his lack of communication and how he likes to defend compared to Lovren.

Skrtel never shifts the defence left. As the right CB he has the best position to see when it needs to be shifted left and should call it. Take Southampton's and City 1st and 3rd goal.

Instead he wants to retreat deep and stay right. Look at City's 2nd goal. If he stepped up then the players would have been offside.

I've not notice him in position to win the ball on the left side of the pitch. I've noticed Lovren shifting right to win headers/defend when Skrtel has needed to move further right.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
34 million for Vidal

is this our punishment for refusing the first 40 million bid? THIS IS NOT HOW IT WORKS WOODWARD

Di Marzio says we want Cerci. Yurt pls, is he good?

He's good, but...why? He's a LW/SS, so basically another Sanchez!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wenger will rush Walcotts comeback and screw him up. Just wait and watch.

I think 35ml + Kagawa is a very solid deal. Kagawa is worth 20 mil in the current market thus Vidals cost comes up to 55 which is a fair valuation.

What say Juve bros? Don't go for Hernandez. You already have a lot of strikers and he is not that good.

We're getting Kagawa and we're gonna like it, Yurt.

I'd do it

but how good bad dead is Kagawa now anyway? We don't want another Jorge Andrés Martínez

He can't play striker? How much would he cost?

I don't think so. And probably 15-18 million Euros!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
An Emmy for Anna Gunn (over Lena Headey) and Jimmy Fallon (over...anyone) :lol :lol

as irrelevant as the Ballon d'Or I swear :lol

and nothing for Mad Men so far

tumblr_lzloa8QqVf1qzlvmi.gif

Well he's not much use to us then. Could be a replacement for Poldi? Better than Cazorla?

let's be honest here Lightning.....who isn't?

Zabojnik

Doesn't Podolski play mostly on the left these days? Cerci is a right winger, I've only ever seen him play there. I'd say he's more attack minded than Cazorla, less of a midfield passer. I can see him working well in a 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 as a RWF of sorts.

I mean, if you really want a backup for Sanchez, he could be your man, otherwise ...

Think a couple of LiverGAF were very harsh on our players last night

1) Gerrard was fine imo. We were up against possibly the best midfield in the league and held out own in that territory
2) Nobody was particularly poor imo, leading me to
3) Loss was down to our habit of defenders playing fine for 89 minutes, but making one error at the worst possible time, and in the worst possible position
4) Aguero will do that to any backline that plays too high when chasing a goal, unless the service is closed down quickly, which it wasn't
5) Lovren was not to blame at all for the first goal, his header was perfectly weighted for Moreno to clear it, wrong-foot or not. Like blaming Sakho for Gerrard's fuck-up against Chelsea
6) Needed to get closer to Sturridge quicker. Balotelli could help him just by being a body in the final third
7) Lambert needs to fucking relax and play normally
8) Not enough basic risk-taking in the final third. So many times there was an oppurtunity for a player to run in behind, and they just dropped short to pick the ball up, putting the attack back at square one
9) Hope Jovetic never plays against us again
10) Johnson can't attack and defend well in the same match. Ruined every attack he took part in yesterday, but defending okay imo
11) Any word on Johnson, Skrtel and Moreno's injuries?

Lightning

Banned
An Emmy for Anna Gunn (over Lena Headey) and Jimmy Fallon (over...anyone) :lol :lol

as irrelevant as the Ballon d'Or I swear :lol

and nothing for Mad Men so far

tumblr_lzloa8QqVf1qzlvmi.gif

let's be honest here Lightning.....who isn't?
Then he's an upgrade. So bring him in Wengy!

Johnson showed perfectly why he isn't a natural defender for Jovetic's second btw

Hit reasonably softly at chest height, and he goes with his knee when a Terry or Carragher would throw their head or chest at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom