• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

DMWr97a.jpg

Hoping he can increase that goals tally a bit, though not feeding Ronaldo will help him in that regard.

Juz

Giroud :(

I think the only possible/suitable replacement is someone like Remy. No chance of Cavani especially now that Ibra is injured.

Dogshit week in FPL for me. 36 pts.. dropped from 14th to 65th in the gaf-league.

Carbonox

having the feels for someone you know would never work out

i want to drink myself in to a stupor and pass out in a ditch somewhere
A1YXKcN.gif

what a time to not be alive

Carbonox

CS:GO is the new CS right? How bad is it?

Please elaborate

yR9yX.gif

baby gurl

if there is one girl i resonate the most with and who i share the most in common with, it's one of my best mates. that alone is a can of death. we have fun when we're out together with our pals but we both know not to go any further because someone will just end up being hurt. she's someone i admire but our career paths will take us down very different routes in possibly other countries so yeah....

when i get like this i beat myself up mentally until i stop feeling these kinds of feels. it will work but when they appear, it's not pleasant.

i need an irn bru to calma.

Don't know if you don't try Carb. Is she from Sunderland?

you couldn't get me in sunderland if you paid me 50m.

CS:GO is the new CS right? How bad is it?

It's alright. Proper matchmaking now is nice together with the standard server list.

The gameplay is very much counter strike with a few weapons balanced out a little more, and a few new grenades and such, nothing huge but considering the price hardly feels like a ripoff.

Also i kind of like drops, they are addicting lol. Can even earn a few pounds here and there from it, I buy all the steam cheap sales with cs go cash.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
baby gurl

if there is one girl i resonate the most with and who i share the most in common with, it's one of my best mates. that alone is a can of death. we have fun when we're out together with our pals but we both know not to go any further because someone will just end up being hurt. she's someone i admire but our career paths will take us down very different routes in possibly other countries so yeah.....

if she's going to another country (and she's single) then maybe you should sleep with her to get it out of your system? :lol since you will no longer be BFFs anymore for a few years anyway

I would never sleep with one of my friends, it'll just be too awkward and will likely break up the whole group later on :lol and of course you have stuff in common with her! Because you're friends ;) you need more than that :p

best solution is to ask someone else out xoxo being single will do a number on a man's head/penis after a while, and you'll start getting even crazier ideas. Like, I was going to ask Wooden out a few months ago

Mastadon

Banned
baby gurl

if there is one girl i resonate the most with and who i share the most in common with, it's one of my best mates. that alone is a can of death. we have fun when we're out together with our pals but we both know not to go any further because someone will just end up being hurt. she's someone i admire but our career paths will take us down very different routes in possibly other countries so yeah....

when i get like this i beat myself up mentally until i stop feeling these kinds of feels. it will work but when they appear, it's not pleasant.

i need an irn bru to calma.

I can guarantee you that you will live life regretting not giving it a go more than you will if you try it and it doesn't work.

dc89

Role reversal as Manchester United now desperately seek elite signings rather than Manchester City

There are plenty at Manchester City who will flinch at the sight of what Manchester United, with the imminent arrival of Angel Di Maria and the chase for Arturo Vidal, are currently going through in the transfer market because they have certainly been there, done that.

Getting Gareth Barry from Liverpool’s clutches by literally putting him in a cab from Dubai to Abu Dhabi in 2009. Tolerating the sneering first response of Yaya Touré’s agent – “Why should he leave Barcelona for you?” – during the initial meeting in Rome in 2010.

What a changing of the guard this summer has represented in Manchester. While City have travelled calmly through the transfer market in precisely the way they had always intended – buying the two defenders and midfielder they had earmarked, fixing five key players on longer-term new contracts – United were on Monday preparing to break the British transfer record for a player who must be shoehorned into their manager Louis van Gaal’s new 3-5-2 system and getting ready to pursue another whose patched-up knee is a source of open concern. If United look like a mess, then it is because they are an almighty one.

The club is suffering the consequences of having three managers in as many years and only trusting two of them. David Moyes’ hopes of signing the Porto pair City have just bought – Fernando and Eliaquim Mangala – were dashed last summer when he was asked for the kind of extensive cost-justification reports which were never prepared by his predecessor Sir Alex Ferguson and he could not provide that level of detail in time. This summer a player Moyes adored and had made a strong case for, Toni Kroos, was jettisoned, along with notions of signing Cesc Fabregas, because Van Gaal was not interested.

But United are also paying for a legacy from Ferguson which was simply not good enough. The player recruitment systems he bequeathed last year were almost non-existent. There was none of the five-year advance planning, with due diligence done on emerging talents from all corners of the world, which you will now find at the touch of a button at Chelsea and City. Moyes found himself handed what became known as “the black box” – a loose, unfathomable system of agreements and communications between Ferguson and his scouts.

Angel Di Maria will fit in better at United than some may think, because of his great versatility. He is a willing defender as well as a fearsome offensive operator, so could operate as a left wing-back in a 3-4-1-2 system. But a reluctance to deploy Britain’s new most expensive player out of position could well see Van Gaal relinquishing his new set-up for 4-3-3, meaning that Juan Mata’s No 10 role disappears – though the Dutchman actually believes Mata is best used there. In a 4-3-3, Di Maria could play in any one of the four non-central positions, though the most feasible is on the left of midfield, with Mata and Rooney either side of Van Persie up ahead. Arturo Vidal looks easier to assimilate, supporting that fragile defence.

Price inflation looks like a problem where getting Vidal from Juventus is concerned. City will tell you that is the cost of restructuring on the hoof. They spent to join the elite in 2009. United – as Independent columnist Paul Scholes articulately outlined last Thursday – are simply as scared as hell that they will drop out of it, lost without trace.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ings-rather-than-manchester-city-9690035.html

tl;dr - United are in a bit of a mess

Carbonox

Don't know if you don't try Carb. Is she from Sunderland?

if she's going to another country (and she's single) then maybe you should sleep with her to get it out of your system? :lol since you will no longer be BFFs anymore for a few years anyway

I would never sleep with one of my friends, it'll just be too awkward and will likely break up the whole group later on :lol and of course you have stuff in common with her! Because you're friends ;) you need more than that :p

best solution is to ask someone else out xoxo being single will do a number on a man's head/penis after a while, and you'll start getting even crazier ideas

well

i

uh

have been hooking up with one of her mates to get it out of my system so....

NAWTY

we both know where we stand anyway and i would prefer to keep her as a friend rather than ruin all that. shit happens. i will find someone in the future i'm ready to settle down with where it's mutual anyway cos that's life.

definitely tough wrestling between common sense and dat primal urge for some sauerkraut.

I can guarantee you that you will live life regretting not giving it a go more than you will if you try it and it doesn't work.

i've told her to a degree and said that until we are both 100% prepared to commit to one another, we stay friends and enjoy our company in whatever way we want without cementing a 'relationship'. i would prefer to have her 100% to myself but there's the risk that doing so could permanently ruin the existing friendship we have.

it's either that or clout her and tell her she belongs to me from here on out *shrug*

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's alright. Proper matchmaking now is nice together with the standard server list.

The gameplay is very much counter strike with a few weapons balanced out a little more, and a few new grenades and such, nothing huge but considering the price hardly feels like a ripoff.

Also i kind of like drops, they are addicting lol. Can even earn a few pounds here and there from it, I buy all the steam cheap sales with cs go cash.
CS Source? Source felt more like CoD with its spray and pray BS.

and what do you mean drops? Why is there drops in my CS :(

That's pathetic by Can. Should be internally fining players for that

Something's either up with Moreno's studs, or that surface at the edge of the pitch at the Etihad. His feet are properly planted, then the grip between his foot and turf just completely gives way

CS Source? Source felt more like CoD with its spray and pray BS.

and what do you mean drops? Why is there drops in my CS :(

I really liked source. :p

And drops i mean after a match, you get a weapon case or a gun skin or whatever that you can use yourself or sell on the steam marketplace. It's purely cosmetic and I don't care about it, so I sell it all.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
have been hooking up with one of her mates
she might (definitely will) use this as an excuse not to go out with you btw

i've told her to a degree and said that until we are both 100% prepared to commit to one another, we stay friends

Carbo I think you just friendzoned yourself and swallowed the key :lol

believe me if a girl that likes you agrees to this, then she doesn't feel as strongly as you do.

Carbonox

she might (definitely will) use this as an excuse not to go out with you btw

Carbo I think you just friendzoned yourself and swallowed the key :lol

believe me if a girl that likes you agrees to this, then she doesn't feel as strongly as you do.

she's used that as an excuse before yet won't keep away from me when we're in the same vicinity so she's just as much a pleb and is completely unsure how to proceed.

although i may have shot myself in the foot, it needed to be said as my commitment issues could hamper any attempt at making anything work. might sound like i am contradicting myself but while i have legit feelings, i'm hesitant to go the full monty for whatever bullshit personal reasons i have. i need to make sure i don't go HAM on her but i leave whatever is there on the table on an 'if' basis.

we do agree that our friendship is important and there are fears on both parts of the negative potential. for now i'm willing to keep things as they are and just enjoy our company when we are together and leave it at that for now and gauge how shit pans out. that desire for more will bubble but that's just the shit i'll have to live with unless i have the balls to offer a finality to it if you will.

LTWheels

That's pathetic by Can. Should be internally fining players for that

Something's either up with Moreno's studs, or that surface at the edge of the pitch at the Etihad. His feet are properly planted, then the grip between his foot and turf just completely gives way

He steps on wet AstroTurf.

sohois

LFC fans, what can you tell me about Kristoffer Peterson?

He is about to sign a 4-year contract at Utrecht.

He's a good youngster. Unfortunate, really, to be leaving Liverpool. Last season, for what I basically understand to just be politics, he was phased out of the reserve team and couldn't get any games. So he was loaned to Tranmere where he did great and that forced him back into contention.

But he always faced the issue that whilst he was good, there were simply better players in front of him i.e. Ibe, Wilson, etc.

Anyway as a player he's quite versatile, good pace and dribbling.

Nyx

He's a good youngster. Unfortunate, really, to be leaving Liverpool. Last season, for what I basically understand to just be politics, he was phased out of the reserve team and couldn't get any games. So he was loaned to Tranmere where he did great and that forced him back into contention.

But he always faced the issue that whilst he was good, there were simply better players in front of him i.e. Ibe, Wilson, etc.

Anyway as a player he's quite versatile, good pace and dribbling.

Sounds good, thanks for the info, hope the deal will be done this week.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
she's used that as an excuse before yet won't keep away from me when we're in the same vicinity so she's just as much a pleb and is completely unsure how to proceed.

although i may have shot myself in the foot, it needed to be said as my commitment issues could hamper any attempt at making anything work. might sound like i am contradicting myself but while i have legit feelings, i'm hesitant to go the full monty for whatever bullshit personal reasons i have. i need to make sure i don't go HAM on her but i leave whatever is there on the table on an 'if' basis.

we do agree that our friendship is important and there are fears on both parts of the negative potential. for now i'm willing to keep things as they are and just enjoy our company when we are together and leave it at that for now and gauge how shit pans out. that desire for more will bubble but that's just the shit i'll have to live with unless i have the balls to offer a finality to it if you will.

Hmmm <3 It sounds like you should look elsewhere Carbo <3

cheek-pinching.gif

don't keep anyone in the background like that and wait for shit to pan out/pieces to fall in place so you can jump in, just let the idea go bb. This sounds like Master Ninja levels of torture

Not related but: what I love about relationships is the mystery surrounding the 'other person', and how you slowly get to know them and their quirks. A BFF is someone you probably know inside-out, that's just boring! :p and I'm surprised you aren't sick of her already :lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just pre-ordered the PS4 Destiny Bundle for £289 with a bunch of Tesco vouchers and shit. Not bad.

I'm going to miss the Liverpool match on Sunday as I'll be on a plane, but I think it's a good time to play them. Before they've really built up a head of steam.

Just pre-ordered the PS4 Destiny Bundle for £289 with a bunch of Tesco vouchers and shit. Not bad.

I'm going to miss the Liverpool match on Sunday as I'll be on a plane, but I think it's a good time to play them. Before they've really built up a head of steam.

That's a good deal.

#welcomeusho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom