• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Real-Madrid-14-15-Third-Shirt%2B(1).jpg

nice i'll get one

Will buy.

Okay thanks, but I have another question for you premfaces. We are strongly linked with Van Ginkel today, from Chelsea. From his Wiki description he seems exactly like the box-to-box midfielder that we need in order to never see Muntari play again. Is he gud?

Please give me better news than you gave me with the Meter Glue guy.

He didn't play.

Got injured soon after he arrived, never really had many chances since.

Okay thanks, but I have another question for you premfaces. We are strongly linked with Van Ginkel today, from Chelsea. From his Wiki description he seems exactly like the box-to-box midfielder that we need in order to never see Muntari play again. Is he gud?

He is good! but I don't think we will sell!

He signed last season and then got injured about 5 mins into his home debut and didn't play again until this preseason. He looks like Justin Beiber but he is actually a really feisty tackler. Haven't seen enough of him outside of preseason friendlies to give a proper verdict but he looks decent.

rossonero

Anybody know anything about Lestienne? It appears that he is our low cost alternative to Cerci. Youtube clips and the stats look good.

Van Ginkel and Lestienne on loan sounds good to me without having seen either of them play myself. If we can avoid signing Torres then it would be a very good transfer window for Milan.

Meier

That might be after tax.

He's going to make €4m a year after tax which would equate to £3.2m or around £62k a week after tax. His actual salary will be in the vicinity of £90k per week -- not sure where Salva is getting that figure from.

Either way, a very good price for the transfer and a very good wage expense. I'm surprised he's taking under €6m though given some of the other salaries at Bayern. He's more than doubling his wages though so I guess he can't be too disappointed.

Manager

He's going to make €4m a year after tax which would equate to £3.2m or around £62k a week after tax. His actual salary will be in the vicinity of £90k per week -- not sure where Salva is getting that figure from.

Either way, a very good price for the transfer and a very good wage expense. I'm surprised he's taking under €6m though given some of the other salaries at Bayern. He's more than doubling his wages though so I guess he can't be too disappointed.

A lot of fans will compare him and Mangala in the upcoming year, hopefully Txiki made the right call. Guess Mangala is more long-term though.

confuziz

Banned
Anybody know anything about Lestienne? It appears that he is our low cost alternative to Cerci. Youtube clips and the stats look good.

Van Ginkel and Lestienne on loan sounds good to me without having seen either of them play myself. If we can avoid signing Torres then it would be a very good transfer window for Milan.

I thought Lestienne was going to Qatar?

Salvadora

I got it from Bayern GAF saying his wages will be €3m p/a

Pennywise

so it seems that we are trying to sell VDV and buy holtby....don't know what to think about that...

i would love to see a badelj-holtby change bud not VDV

Like Elsk said, VDV is shit.

He was shit last season and will continue to be shit and he's old.

Holtby is young and has proven himself at two different clubs.

Meier

A lot of fans will compare him and Mangala in the upcoming year, hopefully Txiki made the right call. Guess Mangala is more long-term though.

Yeah. We could have gotten Benatia for a similar price to what Bayern will have ultimately paid, maybe more like €35m after add-ons, but ultimately I guess they felt like if Mangala works out, he can be a starter for a solid 8 years or so and Benatia maybe has half that in him. For a team that is "aging" and mostly in their late 20s, I guess it's nice to see us buy a little younger, but Benatia was definitely the safer bet.

omgkitty

PODOLSKI IS STAYING!!

YESSSSS :D

Poldi is gone. I think he'll stay until we sign another striker and he'll be off afterwards. We're just keeping him until then.

Arsebros. Any of you guys try one of the authentic kits? I'm probably buying the fan version just curious how it fits.

I'm a fat piece of shit and don't look good in the regular kits. No way I'd ever try those skin tight Puma jerseys on.

Manager

"Lazy Samir" covered more than Iron man Henderson:
i2IhtzO6Pzt2R.JPG

He's doing the hard work even though a lot of people only look at assists and goals (where he still did plenty last season). Worked in the silent a lot yesterday.

omgkitty

If Poldi plays this game he's staying. I don't think Wenger will use him unless he has to to prevent him getting cup tied.

Well if he's going to Wolfsburg, it shouldn't matter as they don't have CL football. I'd say he doesn't start and we throw him on if we need a goal. I'm honestly very worried about tomorrow. There's a lot on the line here, and while I do think it might actually help us to have fewer games this season and to focus on the league, it will affect the players we sign in the next week and we'll miss out on a lot of money.

jesalr

what one did you get? looks awesome!

Optoma HD131xe. Amazon had accidentally given me £100 in vouchers, so I figured why not.

I got one a year ago or so, after a couple of months I couldn't get the energy to keep starting it so I just started using the computer monitor instead. I got a pretty good one but felt it still washed out the image too much, but I'm pretty close to it.

I really recommend to check out some recommended settings for it after you've "run it in" for XX hours, can do a lot on the image quality and specially the black levels.

Yeah, definitely. That was straight out the box, was just giving it a first run. Gonna pick up a calibration disk soon.

Barzul

Well if he's going to Wolfsburg, it shouldn't matter as they don't have CL football. I'd say he doesn't start and we throw him on if we need a goal. I'm honestly very worried about tomorrow. There's a lot on the line here, and while I do think it might actually help us to have fewer games this season and to focus on the league, it will affect the players we sign in the next week and we'll miss out on a lot of money.

Turkish teams travel terribly though. If they couldn't score at home, I doubt they do much when we play with home advantage and on a pitch that's decent. I'm backing Sanogo to score 2 goals.

L1NETT

My unofficial upsetometer for this evenings and tomorrow's milk carling capital one Leauge cup fixtures

See how many, probably all, I'll get wrong

West Ham v Sheff Utd (6/10 - proper spicy fixture though should deffo be on the box instead of boring old United)

Gillingham v Newcastle (5/10 - Danny Kedwell will score though.)

Burnley v Sheff Wed (7/10)

Leicester v Shrewsbury (3/10)

Millwall v Southampton (6/10)

Aston Villa v Leyton Orient (8/10 - I dunno why. We did it 2 years ago, blades last year. Villa are vulnerable in cups)

Birmingham v Sunderland (4/10)

Burton v QPR (8/10. More out of hope than anything. Burton have started all right though)

Stoke v Portsmouth (8/10. Why not)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Like Elsk said, VDV is shit.

He was shit last season and will continue to be shit and he's old.

Holtby is young and has proven himself at two different clubs.

I like Lewis but he's hardly proved himself at Spurs. If he had done he wouldn't be open to replacing VDV's fat ghost at Hamburg.

If Spurs sell Dawson, Holtby and Sandro this week then we need replacements for all 3. Fazio will replace Dawson and I guess the dream is Welbeck/Schneiderlin for the other two.

Am I the only one who thinks that Real Madrid shirt is butters? Looks like a Chinese takeaway menu.

No, that dragon looks terrible.

I second this, looks like some sort of cheap ed hardy knock off, why a Dragon anyway?
At least make the white parts golden or something funky and plaster some chinese characters over the whole thing!

Fuck you guys dragons are awesome.

And dragons remind you of Chinese takeaway menus? Really?! Really?!

Pennywise

I like Lewis but he's hardly proved himself at Spurs. If he had done he wouldn't be open to replacing VDV's fat ghost at Hamburg.

If Spurs sell Dawson, Holtby and Sandro this week then we need replacements for all 3. Fazio will replace Dawson and I guess the dream is Welbeck/Schneiderlin for the other two.

Yeah, he really needs some time on the pitch and get some real match practice, he would be a great addition for Hamburg actually.
It may take some time, but it can't be worse than VDV or anyone else of that laughable Hamburg team..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom