• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Bv9xkJUIIAA1KJa.png

We shouldn't. I'm still sad, but thats how it is.
And Benatia deal is done. He is there tomorrow in Munich for the medical. Contract details: 5 years, 4 million net. a year. Good.

Good bit of business. Roma were looking to sell him for at least 40m so getting him at 26 + bonus is a great get.

Elite central defenders who are strong, fast, good in the air, and confident on the ball are pretty hard to come by. Very happy with the signing given that we could've cheaped out and gotten somebody worthless like Wollscheid or whoever.

Benatia himself said he asked for 3m Euros, didn't he?

He felt insulted that Roma didn't even offer him that.

That was according to one of the Italian papers I read.

Which, let's be completely honest, is a far more likely scenario than the ludicrous 8m a year claim. In fact, I never saw much about that quote again so I assume it's true and the agent told him to not talk about it anymore.

LAM09

I guess Giroud getting injured is a blessing in disguise. Wenger will have to get a CF now.

In other news, I can't believe a Pokemon fighting game is coming out.

tri_willy

pity lampard, gerrard and scholes were never used effectively in that england setup. think back in the 2007/08 days, england had a beast of a lineup!

Yen

pity lampard, gerrard and scholes were never used effectively in that england setup. think back in the 2007/08 days, england had a beast of a lineup!
Funny to think, what could've been England's best ever midfield was not used because no manager (in nearly 15 years) would play a 433.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom