• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:

3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
4 Vehicles
8 Courses
Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:

3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
4 Vehicles
8 Courses
As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

I hate DLC, but dammit I must have Link. And an F-ZERO TRACK!!!

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:

3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
4 Vehicles
8 Courses
Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:

3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
4 Vehicles
8 Courses
As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

Nice, I can't find this on the Nintendo website tho. Was it leaked or something?

Di Maria

"I'm impressed by the vision and determination to get this club back to the top"

Fucking hell son, if you think that's impressive you should come over to my house. I've got hot and cold running water.

rodvik

Yes West Brom to the emotionally draining penalties after a grueling 120 mins.

That should help weaken them for the weekend :)

What is all this talk about de gea? Was he really shit? did he get injured? Was his beard even worse than usual?

I think it's just because the score was 4-0 that he has caught some negativity. I don't see what was so bad about his performance. The defense in front of him was horrible.

rodvik

When asked if he regretted making so many changes to the team, Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal said: "No, you have to analyse the problem and I've done that. We have nine injuries and had a very young team. I have seen them trying to do their utmost best so you cannot expect more from players. Fans have to believe in our philosophy, we are building a team which we cannot make in one month or even one year. It's very disappointing but I hope they maintain their confidence in our club."

Excellent.

He criminally neglected the CM position and left an aged and subpar squad for his successor.

He could have signed one last summer if he hadn't retired, we don't know. My point was we never would have finished 7th last year with Fergie even if it was the same team. I'm sure he felt the team he left behind was better than it's turned out to be. Whatever he did to get these shitehouse players to win the league is clearly something only he was able to do.

I'm trying to think of what could happen next to Man Utd that would be worse.... surely this is rock bottom.

I think we have a few more of these results/performances in us until we get on our feet again. I am still confident in the manager even though I have very little confidence in a lot of the players.

I'm still amazed a lot of these players still have jobs at this club. Most would struggle at mid to lower league teams.

Surely it shouldn't take a professional manager a whole year to get a football team to function semi decently, especially with the amount of money United have.

We’re entering the final hours [of the transfer window], let’s see if we’re able to buy an important striker. This is the main aim. Torres is definitely an important striker, let’s see if we’re able to get him or another player. Van Ginkel? It’s possible, we’ve written to Chelsea and we’re waiting for a response. We’re quite confident.

___

Yes Galliani, yes. Well Ginkel can stay

LegoArmo

Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra doesn't seem so bad now, does it?

That was a good defence with no help from the midfield, now United have a bad defence with no help from the midfield.

Nicktendo86

I was just explaining to my wife that utd lost to a team a couple of leagues below us.

She replied 'not for long bub'. My own wife is taking the piss.

Labadal

Been out all day. WTF happened to UTD?
beatdown.gif

We’re entering the final hours [of the transfer window], let’s see if we’re able to buy an important striker. This is the main aim. Torres is definitely an important striker, let’s see if we’re able to get him or another player. Van Ginkel? It’s possible, we’ve written to Chelsea and we’re waiting for a response. We’re quite confident.

___

Yes Galliani, yes. Well Ginkel can stay

I want him to stay too but I think he'll go on loan to them and we'll grab another striker and then our squad is set.

flyover

Not a United fan at all, but I think it could be good for their PL season not to have to play any non-league football for a good while. Helped Liverpool last season. (Not that this year's Man U team will get a sniff of the top of the table.)

Bold One

I think we have a few more of these results/performances in us until we get on our feet again. I am still confident in the manager even though I have very little confidence in a lot of the players.

I'm still amazed a lot of these players still have jobs at this club. Most would struggle at mid to lower league teams.

poor management from top to bottom,

morale must be dire

Yeah I'm fine with that too really. After that terrible injury last season, he needs regular game time for a season.

Ideally we would ship off Mikel and then use Van Ginkel instead of him. Every time he has played for us he has looked good.

Striker - Remy or Destro. Plus I don't know if you noticed but Destro looks a little like Broken with his beard haha.

Clegg

Six days left of this transfer window and we still need another centre half and central
midfielder. Can't see us getting both.

rodvik

I was just explaining to my wife that utd lost to a team a couple of leagues below us.

She replied 'not for long bub'. My own wife is taking the piss.

Welcome to our world.

My wifes choice comments for me over the years.

"What Prince William supports those losers as well?"
"Are you going to support a good team this year?"
And the classic
"Why are you watching? They are going to lose, they always lose."

Thanks honey.

L1NETT

The Talksport stream is pretty good. The guy on the phone now is going HAM. Anderson is a "fat waste of space." You can tell he's an actual Manc lad from his accent.

How could you tell? Lots of errors?

:p

Also Talksport is bollocks. If you can get it in the US can't you get 5Live?

Ultimatum

Banned
Fergie left a league winning team behind. As mediocre as most of them are, that's what they were.

Sure, some players were on their last years, but it was up to his successors to identify targets and reinforce the team AHEAD of losing them, not spend record transfer fees on players in positions they don't need.

I hate that answer, it's so fucking shallow

fergie made a lot of mistakes towards the end of his career

Welcome to our world.

My wifes choice comments for me over the years.

"What Prince William supports those losers as well?"
"Are you going to support a good team this year?"
And the classic
"Why are you watching? They are going to lose, they always lose."

Thanks honey.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom