• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If he was our 5th or 6th signing then there'd be a lot less gnashing and wailing. But since there's the very real possibility that he'll be our last signing then it's simply not good enough.

It might be good in that we got players we desperately needed. But we still should've got them in much earlier. If we somehow pull off a world class signing we'll still have to wait a while before they settle in. Everything since the signing of Shaw has been a massive failure.

Vidal cooled off so much that its gone, thats safe to say, Di Maria is still hanging around but that will go to the wire, it will take silly money, I imagine right now the bid RM want is £10 more than we want to offer and Woodward knows nothing about gamesmanship.

DBT85

Would you consider him and Di Maria OR Vidal a good window? Or possibly just a salvaged one. I wonder if either could project us forward enough, at least until january.

I don't think the window can be classed as salvaged without 2 defensive signings. Smalling, Jones and Evans is not enough.

Signing Di Maria or Vidal would be great, but we'd still have a defence with more holes in it than this piece of Gormombert.

Özil's been with us 12mths and we've broken our trophy drought, won the community shield, boosted the squad.

Cesc was with us how long and what did we achieve?

You're right, your definitely better off without RVP and Cesc.

Well, Giggs told him to take it, and its infinitely better than Valencia getting the number 7.

Ugh don't remind me, that was tragic.
I didn't know Giggs okayed it, that does change things a bit actually.

Been some years since we had a player who could beat a man, if he can get his output right he will be very very useful.

I just hope he fits into the new formation, he'll be wasted as a wingback but he won't get a shot at playing behind the striker for a long time (his preferred position I think...?)

Bold One

15226_704373006547_2240658751236361006_n.jpg

He's german + plays in the Bundesliga + much more cheaper
of course Benatia is the better player, but I don't know if he's worth €35M.

Same could've been said of Javi Martinez. It's not my money I know, but I'm far more comfortable overpaying for quality than paying little for players who don't move the needle.

Unless the jokes about Javi not worth 40m are actually serious, in which case, lol.

DBT85

Ugh don't remind me, that was tragic.
I didn't know Giggs okayed it, that does change things a bit actually.

I just hope he fits into the new formation, he'll be wasted as a wingback but he won't get a shot at playing behind the striker for a long time (his preferred position I think...?)

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/334205.html

The Belgian teenager says it was an opportunity he could not turn down when the new Old Trafford assistant manager told him he should take the number he wore for 24 years.

Think Manolas will be done this week can keep playing Kozzer with these little niggles he having. Gazidis get it done mate. Also Rabiot should be the last resort go for Pogba pls.

K1LLER7

So after Rojo is in, is that it for CBs?

Smalling, Jones, Evans, Rojo, Blackett and Keane.

Not very confident with this CB line up.

K1LLER7

Thinking of swapping Blackett and Young in my FL teams.

Will have to take a hit on the points.

Hopefully Cesc doesn't have too many games like today's. I chose Hazard instead.

Barzul

Özil's been with us 12mths and we've broken our trophy drought, won the community shield, boosted the squad.

Cesc was with us how long and what did we achieve?

The real comparison should be to Ramsey. He actually came through for us when it mattered in a cup final.

omgkitty

Oh look...what did I say about Vargas yesterday?

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 24m

Told Eduardo Vargas has agreed to join #qpr on loan from Napoli. Blow for #Safc, who were right in there for him, but he's keen on London.

DBT85

Hopefully Cesc doesn't have too many games like today's. I chose Hazard instead.

I still think Young is going to play a bunch and get some assists as the season goes on. He was shit(on) against Swansea, but then that list is quite a large list. If Ra's can feed him whatever he has in the US then he can get points for a small fee.

omgkitty

wat didnt happen?

wat am i complaining about?

wat am i supposed to get over?

omgkitty pls

I was talking about Meus and just quoting you. He's the most negative Arsenal fan I've ever come across. It's annoying and he should go support Chelsea or something.

Oh look...what did I say about Vargas yesterday?

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 24m

Told Eduardo Vargas has agreed to join #qpr on loan from Napoli. Blow for #Safc, who were right in there for him, but he's keen on London.

Is that the guy better than Alexis?

Carbonox

Ferreyra bagged 2 goals for the U21's earlier. Might only be the U21's but good for him to get up and running and boost his confidence. Will no doubt be in the squad for the Villa game. Can't wait to see how he does in the Prem.

Barzul

I was talking about Meus and just quoting you. He's the most negative Arsenal fan I've ever come across. It's annoying and he should go support Chelsea or something.

avaya just about edges him. Still have trouble believing that he's an Arsenal fan.

You could argue that we played sexier football with RVP and Cesc, but ultimately we achieved nothing with them two in the team.

The team we have now though is a proper team I think. Ghostzil can disappear all he wants if Ramsey can come into his shadow ;)

Lightning

Banned
I just skip Meus posts. No point in reading the shit he posts. Whenever I see his post or anyone quoting his posts I keep on scrolling down.

Hixx

You could argue that we played sexier football with RVP and Cesc, but ultimately we achieved nothing with them two in the team.

The team we have now though is a proper team I think. Ghostzil can disappear all he wants if Ramsey can come into his shadow ;)

Do invisible things cast shadows?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Push come ot shove I think we have one more signing in us, I really do

Meier

Sounds like Cech may be off from Jose's interview after the game

You didn't even need to watch an interview to know that. Chelsea have no choice -- Courtois isn't going to sign a new deal if he isn't playing every week and any time you have a young star get below 2 years, there's cause for concern. They had no choice but to start him if they were keeping him at the club. Cech is still young enough to make a good move so he'll be alright. There was obviously no way he'd be okay sitting on the bench this season and beyond.

So what was the title?

"Are you there God? It's me, Ed Woodward." It was fucking wonderful. :D

Scum

Sounds like Cech may be off from Jose's interview after the game

Send him to Barca. £50m.

So after Rojo is in, is that it for CBs?

Smalling, Jones, Evans, Rojo, Blackett and Keane.

Not very confident with this CB line up.

Dawson.

Got fooled by Young's pre season, eh?

Mr Cola

I think that Di Maria is a real possibility, we know there is interest, we know talks are ongoing and we know Ancelloti was cagey on whether he would stay. Its just a matter of price.

rodvik

Ferreyra bagged 2 goals for the U21's earlier. Might only be the U21's but good for him to get up and running and boost his confidence. Will no doubt be in the squad for the Villa game. Can't wait to see how he does in the Prem.

You lot looked ace versus Man City. I am worried for our game.

Mr Cola

I think we will end up with Rojo and Blind. Beyond that, I can't see anything else happening. I really can't believe we are in this situation, Van Gaal must be livid.

If this was Moyes id be with you, but I think LvG will get his way, I honestly do, even if its only for one player.

Meier

I don't really get adding Daley Blind. Isn't he a LB? Didn't United just spend 27m on a LB? Doesn't Rojo also play LB (in addition to CB)? It seems a bit myopic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom