• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So that's a no then.

Mr Cola got some tests results back and they all come up positive
IVwyyAV.png

No more negativity in this zone

Nicktendo86

I don't really get adding Daley Blind. Isn't he a LB? Didn't United just spend 27m on a LB? Doesn't Rojo also play LB (in addition to CB)? It seems a bit myopic.
Blind I see as more of a utility player, Rojo I THINK is primary a CB which is a position we desperately need. God this squad is so gash, I would take anyone now.

I don't really get adding Daley Blind. Isn't he a LB? Didn't United just spend 27m on a LB? Doesn't Rojo also play LB (in addition to CB)? It seems a bit myopic.

LvG likes versatile players, and Rojo and Blind both fit this profile. Blind can play LB, LWB and CDM.

Feorax

The reports tonight seem to suggest we're willing to hold out until the end of the window for a striker, and that we're still keeping tabs on Falcao.

All depends on Real I guess. If they want him, he's theirs.

Wes

venison crêpe

When your only alternative is Ashley Young as LB cover you need another player who can play there.

omgkitty

The reports tonight seem to suggest we're willing to hold out until the end of the window for a striker, and that we're still keeping tabs on Falcao.

Really don't see Liverpool spending the money it would take to sign Falcao. If he leaves, I'd assume it would only be to Madrid.

Arnie

Blind can cover CM and CB too.
Can he actually, though?

Like, he can cover it but can he do it to the standard United require? Because if he can't then it's a worthless signing. United should be buying players that excel in positions enough to win game after game after game. I don't think that can happen with Blind in the middle.

Also, well done to Meus and Free for being honest about the Cesc thing. Other Arsenal fans just look stupid arguing it. Cesc is far better in the number 10 position than Ozil.

That transfer is looking worse as the seasons go on.

Yen

Really don't see Liverpool spending the money it would take to sign Falcao. If he leaves, I'd assume it would only be to Madrid.

I think the only way we'd get him would be a loan with a hefty fee or a transfer with a release clause equal to what we would pay. I don't think we'll get any striker, we'll stick with Borini.

Feorax

We wouldn't buy him, it would almost certainly be a 12 month loan until Origi is back with us.

Wages might be an issue, but both Monaco and Falcao want something to happen this summer, so I imagine a compromise can be reached.

Clegg

Can he actually, though?

Like, he can cover it but can he do it to the standard United require? Because if he can't then it's a worthless signing. United should be buying players that excel in positions enough to win game after game after game. I don't think that can happen with Blind in the middle.

Also, well done to Meus and Free for being honest about the Cesc thing. Other Arsenal fans just look stupid arguing it. Cesc is far better in the number 10 position than Ozil.

Our standard is mid table m8. Blind will do nicely.

But seriously, you're right about them not being to the standard we want to be at. We're looking at shelling at circa £40m for two players who won't improve the first team. We need better back ups but they should be targeted after the mainline signings.

Showaddy

Surely Falcao would have to take a sizeable pay-cut to go to Liverpool bearing in mind his current un-taxed oil wages. Would Liverpool really smash their wage structure for him?

Feorax

Surely Falcao would have to take a sizeable pay-cut to go to Liverpool bearing in mind his current un-taxed oil wages. Would Liverpool really smash their wage structure for him?

If he wants out, and Madrid don't want him, who would possibly match his wages?

Besides, he's hardly skint as it is. I'm sure he could get by on a reduced wage if he fancies playing competitive football for a change.

Most of Arse-GAF is stupid anyway :lol

Cesc is just a brilliant footballer, his game is clearly suited to the PL. Fucking Wenger :(

And you Arse-bros can argue "BU-BU-BU Wenger didn't want him!" he just didn't see his text asking to come back to Arsenal, sorry m8s.

pulga

Banned

Cesc is just a brilliant footballer, his game is clearly suited to the PL. Fucking Wenger :(

And you Arse-bros can argue "BU-BU-BU Wenger didn't want him!" he just didn't see his text asking to come back to Arsenal, sorry m8s.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 can't we just keep Meus and you and kick all the others out?

omgkitty

What happened to Monaco? They didn't sign anyone new this summer and only made a couple of loan deals. They made a shit pot of money on Rodriguez, why aren't they spending any of it? Is this Malaga all over again?

Clegg

What happened to Monaco? They didn't sign anyone new this summer and only made a couple of loan deals. They made a shit pot of money on Rodriguez, why aren't they spending any of it? Is this Malaga all over again?
They're looking at Di Maria.

Salvadora

Think you've misunderstood badly there.

Freewheelin' said it hurt to see Cesc in a Chelsea shirt and Meus said the same thing in addition to bemoaning Wenger for turning him down this summer. I think every Arsenal fan in this thread would agree with the former and a good lot with the later.

What I was saying was hindsight is 20/20, which is completely valid.
That is quite the distortion.

Feorax

It's all going towards the owners £3bn divorce settlement.

Batongen

Banned
John Terry nominated Rafa Benitez for the ice bucket challenge. He'd be better off nominating him for the bargain bucket challenge.

It's starting to get a little bit old this 'tradition'. At least D.Alves had his priorities set, he said GOAT and Adriana Lima.
Yes, a real goat

Scum

... is dead. Please stop casting Life on him.

'Animate Dead' it is then.

It's terrible to see great players leave. ;_;
Give back Modric, plug!

jtb

Banned
I wouldn't say Fabregas is inarguably a better 10 than Ozil.

Fabregas has already adapted to the PL. if Ozil can't keep up with the pace/physicality this season (which, frankly, was totally overstated last season anyways&#8212;he was very good, just not great), then I'll feel more comfortable writing him off. I think with a bit of tactical discipline (no doubt drilled in by Mou), Fabregas would be far more effective playing in a deeper role than in the 10 anyways.

and if we're just basing these judgements off of what each player did recently, then Fabregas "failed" at Barcelona just as much as Ozil "failed" last season.

omgkitty

Oh whatever. Does it suck that we didn't sign Cesc? Yes. Did we need him? No. I'm a grown ass man and I'm not going to sit around and wallow in sadness every time Cesc touches a ball in a blue shirt. I guess all footy gaf wants to see is us Arsenal fans break down and bitch and complain like we used to. Grow up. Also, Cesc doesn't even play in the 10 role for Chelsea.

kharma45

Can he actually, though?

Like, he can cover it but can he do it to the standard United require? Because if he can't then it's a worthless signing. United should be buying players that excel in positions enough to win game after game after game. I don't think that can happen with Blind in the middle

Beats me, I hadn't heard of him until the WC. Even then he's still a better choice there than Cleverly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom