• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
the blood...I cantIcanticanticanticant

iwJHsfmoluBvL.gif

My favorite Balotelli story from Mourinho's time at Inter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDEruS1D7VY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfddyut7gAY

Mastadon

Banned
I think Ayre is a bit hard done by to be honest. Players like Salah, Mkhjudas and Willian were always going to be difficult for a non-CL club.

Feorax

When Balotelli signs, we must have one of the most complete squads in the league at that point. The only position I can think of where an injury could be a catastrophe is goalkeeper.

inky

I must be the only person who doesn't find Bloodborne appealing at all. Well, the setting has a nice aesthetic but that's it.

Balotelli is going to be so fun to watch again.

GorillaJu

Masta, odd...what is that in the background

and I can't get over the bloody coat

bb2r0lm9.gif

one of my all time favourite games

Dude that spider thing creeps me out. Can't wait to see Bloodborne's giant spider boss, because holy shit that thing looks fucking massive. It could be an environmental thing even, like the giant beating heart in 3-2

Carbonox

Shame what happened to Ninja Gaiden. Itagaki blew his entire creative load on that franchise cos Devil's Third looks embarrassing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I must be the only person who doesn't find Bloodborne appealing at all. Well, the setting has a nice aesthetic but that's it.
you aren't actually, quite a few people here are hating on it.

Dark Souls 2 looked like absolute shit before release, even the trailers and bullshots were shit, but the game turned out to be ACE

Bloodborne looks like a proper Castlevania

this does feel like the most satisfying LFC transfer window in ages. If we could just get rid of Borini, Lucas and Johnson and get a new DM i'd be happy.

GorillaJu

The speed at which Liverfool did the Ballo deal is pretty damning of United's ineptitude

I think we just did a good job keeping the deal under wraps. It had to have been going on, even informally for a while. I mean I know Rodgers laughed off the rumors, but his comments specifically praising Balotelli... You don't see a manager do that too often.

Zabojnik

Dark Souls 2 looked like absolute shit before release, even the trailers and bullshots were shit, but the game turned out to be ACE

I disagree, no matter what you and odd say. It's NOWHERE near as good as DS.

Happy for the blood in Bloodborne, it was one thing I was missing in DS (and loved in Ninja Gaiden). I do however hope that there is more variety to the environments than what've seen so far. Love the style.

Fintan

When Balotelli signs, we must have one of the most complete squads in the league at that point. The only position I can think of where an injury could be a catastrophe is goalkeeper.
I still think you guys should sign Valdes. I know it might be a risk with his injury, but he's really good and fits your style.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Shame what happened to Ninja Gaiden. Itagaki blew his entire creative load on that franchise cos Devil's Third looks embarrassing.

I'm in the minority (probably a handful) who preferred Ninja Gaiden 2 over 1. The hyper fast combat was much more fun and satisfying than NG1's defensive combat.

even in DS I try to be as aggressive as possible, fuck turtling behind a shield. So looks like Bloodborne was made with me in mind :lol blood and a faster combat..I can't breathe

inky

Not hating, just don't find it in tune with my tastes. I actually thought DS2 looked amazing before release, but I haven't even finished 1 so I didn't bother with it. I'm sure I'll get it someday.

I'm in the minority (probably a handful) who preferred Ninja Gaiden 2 over 1. The hyper fast combat was much more fun and satisfying than NG1's defensive combat.

even in DS I try to be as aggressive as possible, fuck turtling behind a shield. So looks like Bloodborne was made with me in mind :lol blood and a faster combat..I can't breathe

You might just be. Ninja Gaiden Black to me is a perfect game. It just is above anything else I've played. I enjoyed NG2 and did finish it a couple of times, nut it was obviously lacking. It didn't WOW me at all and even felt cheap at spots, which is sacrilege for a game called NG.

NG3, and Zigmas, etc. can fuck off tho. Hayashi dog completely missed the point of the game. He ruined the pacing in his remakes, and obliterated the brand with his sequels.

Feorax

this does feel like the most satisfying LFC transfer window in ages. If we could just get rid of Borini, Lucas and Johnson and get a new DM i'd be happy.

I'm happy to keep Lucas as second choice DM. On his own, he can still do really well in a 1-2 midfield, as we saw at WHL last year. It's just playing with Gerrard that causes problems.

Reckon we might get a cheap backup keeper in and then that's us done for the window.

EDIT: Valdes would be a brilliant shout.

GorillaJu

Happy for the blood in Bloodborne, it was one thing I was missing in DS (and loved in Ninja Gaiden). I do however hope that there is more variety to the environments than what've seen so far. Love the style.

DS is better. Much better. But DS2 is still a fucking great game in it's own right.

I don't think DS ever needed blood. It was creepy enough without it—the game is about collecting souls anyway, your character is basically spectral and you're killing armored and undead dudes, skeletons, etc. so there's not much need for blood. There is still plenty of nastiness however, like the Mosquitos in Blighttown, etc.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

DS is x 3 better than DS2. And Demon's (you heathen) is probably better than both combined.

okay not really, but Demon's Souls is fucking BRILLIANT

MindFlayer.jpg

*shits his pants*

That's just the end. It's kind of crazy, haha: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/peyton-manning-gatorade-sweating

But in general, Peyton is in at least 3 or 4 amazing commercials a year. He's the absolute king. http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/06/26/a-look-at-peyton-mannings-best-commercials/

It is amazing how many commercials during ads for the NFL star sportsmen. Unless it is an adidas or nike world cup ad there are very little comercials with footballers in the UK, which is crazy because you would think if people are watching the PL or CL they would have some top names in the ads. I guess the main difference is that a company in the US can afford to pay Payton x amount of millions because they can guarantee it to be seen by 20+million. The average PL viewership in England is under 2 million.

Only ones i can remember are the Coke Zero Rooney ads and Emile Heskey being used for the UK Fiat advert with Totti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom