• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Ancelotti: Di María has asked to leave this summer. The player has rejected a contract renewal.

Blah. That's tragic. Dude doesnt even want the money, just wants to leave.

Probably a bit upset, that even after winning the Champions League, Madrid decided to marganilse him even further by wasting £60m on James Rodriquez.

Hixx

To be fair hixx, saying DS2 is better than 1 is just....well it's more ridiculous than Borini for 14M

Nope.

Better atmosphere, less BULLSHIT, incomparably good multiplayer systems, parrying is harder to time (far too easy and powerful in DS1), less emphasis on grinding, no cack areas like Blighttown (Black Gulch is the only area that comes close and you literally run through it in less than a minute to the secret bonfire which is 5 seconds away from boss fog), no stupid drops like the one that emits light which is basically a necessity which you had to grind for, it looks better, better hub, more builds felt viable, dual wielding, perfect PC port. Quality of the game doesn't jump off a cliff 60% through.

Dark Souls had better lore, level design and the best bosses of it were better than DS2's best.

But overall, Dark Souls 2's plus points outweigh DS1s.

If I had to play through one of the three Souls games right now it would be DS2.

Oh and just because you pretty much have to add this to posts or people LOSE THEIR MINDS: all imo.

Navas as good as he is, wont be a factor; his passport doesnt hold any weight and Florentino knows that kicking out Casillas means fighting a large group of old school madridistas. Let's not forget,Florentino wanted Casillas out when Del Bosque took over; he has never been a Florentino favorite and never will be.

Navas isn't a factor, it's all up to Casillas.

If he does well, he'll remain main keeper. If he's shit, Navas will play and everyone will understand it was necessary to bench him.

The thing is Casillas needs to leave on his own accord. He's causing more harm than good by staying. Leave for a couple years and then come back to join the coaching staff, it's not fucking rocket science.
He wont leave as long as they keep treating him that way; the 2 clubs in spain have shitty ways of detting rid of their most iconic players, Raul left via the back door, Puyol retired due to injury, look at how Xavi is now being questioned and if he doesnt perform, he will leave with more criticism than praise; Hierro was the same, Camacho, Zubizarreta back when he played, and I can go on. Its not a case like Giggs where he understands the role in the team and works with mgmt to keep the dream going; RM and BCN dont do that.

GorillaJu

I look at all those, and the only one I would want is Lovren. This smacks of Spurs last year. Signing quantity not quality.

haha I will have to listen for it in the new season.

It doesn't really echo Spurs because they had a pair of coaches who couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper bag. They over-reinforced positions they were already well-equipped in and relied on new signings to fill the void that Bale left because the rest of the team isn't up to par.

We won't have to rely on our new signings nearly as much because we still have Sturridge, Sterling, Henderson, Gerrard, and Skrtel. Our first XI is quite good, with or without Suarez. We needed first team players in two positions: CB and LB, and we filled them with quality. We also needed players who can unlock compact defenses—Lallana and Markovic.

Anyway Spurs did fine in the end but I still think our summer outlay will have a much better impact than theirs did because of wiser spending and having Rodgers instead of AVB and Sherwood.

Navas isn't a factor, it's all up to Casillas.
If he does well, he'll remain main keeper. If he's shit, Navas will play and everyone will understand it was necessary to bench him.
Carletto wont bench him even if he messes up, unless its catasthrophic f'up. Carletto tends to mantain the keeper during hard times; then again Florentino may not allow that.

On paper it doesn't look much different but they will be playing under a much better manager than our signings were, plus several of them have PL experience.

I don't think they've signed any world class players but they will all settle in a lot quicker than our 7 signings did.

I hope Lamela kicks on this year, has the potential to be a top player for you guys with Eriksen.

I love how often Spurs last year has been wheeled out this window.

As if it's expected that spending £100m on improving depth in your squad is something that has historically resulted in catastrophe time and time again.

Of course depth is important, but you lost a match winner and haven't replaced him with anyone near that level. Of course the difference might be that Spurs didn't have players like Sterling and Sturidge already in the team.

Tubie

He wont leave as long as they keep treating him that way; the 2 clubs in spain have shitty ways of detting rid of their most iconic players, Raul left via the back door, Puyol retired due to injury, look at how Xavi is now being questioned and if he doesnt perform, he will leave with more criticism than praise; Hierro was the same, Camacho, Zubizarreta back when he played, and I can go on. Its not a case like Giggs where he understands the role in the team and works with mgmt to keep the dream going; RM and BCN dont do that.

Raul could've milked his last 2 years like Casillas is doing, but he knew his time was up. By staying he knew he would cause more harm than good. Even if just helping from the bench, there would always be diehard fans asking for him to be a starter, just like some cunts are doing with Casillas right now.

Barzul

I'd rather have Balotelli than Giroud. If Rodgers can do a Sturridge with him, Liverpool have a terrifying team. We need to do more business to keep up with them.

Of course depth is important, but you lost a match winner and haven't replaced him with anyone near that level. Of course the difference might be that Spurs didn't have players like Sterling and Sturidge already in the team.

There's a reason Suraez moved away to one of the biggest clubs in the world, because he was that good and still attractive to them despite all the shit he does. Liverpool can not find a player his level, the players of Suarez level costs too much and won't come to a club like Liverpool, not trying to troll liverpool but those players of Suarez quality can pick and chose between the very best in the world. Investing in squad depth and buying players with potential is what they can and should do.

Godan

I'd rather have Balotelli than Giroud. If Rodgers can do a Sturridge with him, Liverpool have a terrifying team. We need to do more business to keep up with them.

Yeah I feel we need to get a top class striker. It just seems too much for Giroud.

Giroud for all his uselessness works hard and for the team. Balotelli based on pure laziness is even slower than Giroud.

Only reason why I would have wanted him would be because he is Italian.

GorillaJu

Nope.

Better atmosphere, less BULLSHIT, incomparably good multiplayer systems, parrying is harder to time (far too easy and powerful in DS1), less emphasis on grinding, no cack areas like Blighttown (Black Gulch is the only area that comes close and you literally run through it in less than a minute to the secret bonfire which is 5 seconds away from boss fog), no stupid drops like the one that emits light which is basically a necessity which you had to grind for, it looks better, better hub, more builds felt viable, dual wielding, perfect PC port. Quality of the game doesn't jump off a cliff 60% through.

Dark Souls had better lore, level design and the best bosses of it were better than DS2's best.

If I had to play through one of the three Souls games right now it would be DS2.

Oh and just because you pretty much have to add this to posts or people LOSE THEIR MINDS: all imo.

These are all really good points and I agree that DS2 is a great game and a worthy improvement to DS in a lot of ways, even if ultimately I prefer the first one. The argument has been done to DEATH so I won't put in my counter points, but I agree that DS2 did a lot of things right, it just also took a few steps back on some areas that were important to fans of Demon's/DS.

There's a reason Suraez moved away to one of the biggest clubs in the world, because he was that good and still attractive to them despite all the shit he does. Liverpool can not find a player his level, the players of Suarez level costs too much and won't come to a club like Liverpool, not trying to troll liverpool but those players of Suarez quality can pick and chose between the very best in the world. Investing in squad depth and buying players with potential is what they can and should do.

Aguero went to Man City and Liverpool are a much bigger club than them. If you pay players they will come. Liverpool can and should attract quality players.

Raul could've milked his last 2 years like Casillas is doing, but he knew his time was up. By staying he knew he would cause more harm than good. Even if just helping from the bench, there would always be diehard fans asking for him to be a starter, just like some cunts are doing with Casillas right now.
True but why would you bench a player with 9m wage, the financials alone pushed him as a starter. Also lets put it out there, Casillas has always been terrible in corners, but he was never under this level of scrutiny from the public, he was somehow sheltered due to the terrible defense he had before pepe-ramos matured.
Either way Florentino wont make the move, and Casillas wont either, so they will milk the contract.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
#THFC team: Lloris (c); Naughton, Dier, Vertonghen, Davies; Bentaleb, Paulinho; Holtby, Townsend, Kane; Soldado. #COYS

#THFC subs: Friedel, Rose, Dawson, Chadli, Dembele, Sandro, Lamela. #COYS

lol Daws can't even get a start in a game like this. Paulinho better turn up, he doesn't deserve to be there ahead of Sandro and Dembele.

I just realised that no English club has ever signed a player who could be recognised as "the best in the world". It has only ever been Italy and Spain.

Aguero went to Man City and Liverpool are a much bigger club than them. If you pay players they will come. Liverpool can and should attract quality players.

Of course they should attract quality and I think they are doing that. But saying that just offer money and people will come is a too black and white way to look at it, it took a bit of time with City too even when they got really rich despite offering crazy money around for anything with some star power.

Aguero got upset with Atletico for whatever reason and was offered to get great wages at a club that was a rather interesting project clearly on their way up, who already the season before finished third (with as many points as Chelsea on second), meanwhile many will say and think Liverpool topped what they are able to, last year, and upon selling their best player it's doubtful if they will have as good a season this time around. That Liverpool historically is a bigger club hardly means much to a footballer who wants to win league titles now.

GorillaJu

Oh come on, Agüero went to a Man City who offered 35m pounds to his club and crazy wages, and were clearly on the rise in the PL. Liverpool may have been able to afford the transfer but could never compete on wages, we didn't have CL football and were on a negative trajectory with a seemingly unstable management team. We could never be seen as an attractive option for a player like Agüero.

We still aren't, even. Sanchez rejected us after all and it seems Falcao has now as well.

The right type of player for us are the young guys who are desperate to succeed and have their heads on planet earth, know they have to work hard, and need some training. They won't be picked up by moneybags clubs because they're not QUITE there yet. Coutinho, Moreno, Henderson, Sturridge, and I think Balotelli fits there even though he's not 'young'. Suarez was absolutely this type when we bought him.

Nope.

Very good points.

I still need to play the DLC

chelsea-joins-forces-with-ea-sports.img.png

Oh come on, Agüero went to a Man City who offered 35m pounds to his club and crazy wages, and were clearly on the rise in the PL. Liverpool may have been able to afford the transfer but could never compete on wages, we didn't have CL football and were on a negative trajectory with a seemingly unstable management team. We could never be seen as an attractive option for a player like Agüero.

We still aren't, even. Sanchez rejected us after all and it seems Falcao has now as well.

I didn't mean Liverpool should have signed Aguero.

Sanchez was mainly the Wenger effect, I am sure you could have signed him if we were not in the race.

If you look at a proper image of the cover with Hazard and Messi on it, you can clearly see that they are both just failed clones that have a strange similarity to the actual players but don't quite look right.

Raúl and Hierro have great relations with Real. Hierro is In The management FFS.
Florentino is not stupid, he knows what moves popular opinion, when he got to RM back in 2000 first thing he did was implement surveys to the club members to see what they wanted, what they needed. He has never liked Valdano or Pardeza, but he worked with them, Hierro was a Saenz man, but a madrid icon, worked with him. Del Bosque is another one, but you wont hear them talk shit about each other.
Also lets not forget how he control popular opinion to the point of having the club members against AS and Marca, even declaring them enemies of the madridismo lol; masterful PR move.
Florentino might be totalitarian, but he aint an idiot.

GorillaJu

I didn't mean Liverpool should have signed Aguero.

Sanchez was mainly the Wenger effect, I am sure you could have signed him if we were not in the race.

I know you don't mean Agüero as the only example, but I'm saying that Agüero is an example of where we'll never be an attractive club to the very top tier of players unless we build up years of higher match day revenue and commercial income to equal the likes of Man Utd. We need to be both stable in terms of challenging for the title and landing in the top 4, and we need the income to support those kinds of signings. Being Liverpool FC only matters when it's a player who is a long term admirer.

omgkitty

ArsenalFanTV ‏@arsenalfantv 7m

Heard there was a bit of movement at @Arsenal's training ground earlier. Hopefully a signing. Maybe a DM.

Imagine that...people moving on a training ground!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom