• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

DS is x 3 better than DS2. And Demon's (you heathen) is probably better than both combined.

okay not really, but Demon's Souls is fucking BRILLIANT

MindFlayer.jpg

Go back and play Demon's. It's glorious, but DS is oh so much better. DS can't quite reach Demon's mood, but everything else is better.

L1NETT

Paul Gascoigne signs for Sunday League Side?

Abbey FC, which is Bournemouth way

Paul Gascoigne is set to make his return to football after a journey for cigarettes led him to meet taxi driver and Abbey FC manager Chris Foster – who convinced the former England international to sign for the Hayward Sunday League side

And the 47-year-old, capped 57 times by his country, could make his debut against either Rentech Repairs or ARC Cleaning when the season kicks off next month.

Sam ‏@samuelJayC 1h

Genuine Wenger face when asked about signing a defensive midfielder.

BvkH6ZvCAAELIwY.jpg

I love how Wenger hasn't broken his two maximum signings promise.

That Demon Souls learning curve for me was steep, but once it all clicked. OH TOTTI it was glorious. Gaming perfection.

TeddyBoy

It wasn't really all that fast. It's been rumored for around 3 weeks or so and probably was in the works prior to that.

There was pretty much nothing until yesterday. The only person who linked us with Balo was an ITK called Macca, who posted about it a few weeks ago and that was only a loan deal at that.

Ayre was quick at this one and has done very well for £16m, now we just need to sell/loan out a few fringe players and we'll be set for the season.

I think Ayre is a bit hard done by to be honest. Players like Salah, Mkhjudas and Willian were always going to be difficult for a non-CL club.

Micky and Willian could have joined us but once a CL club became interested they didn't want to come to us for the wages we could offer. Salah wasn't worth the £16m his club was asking for and I'm happy with Liverpool for sticking with their valuation on their player.

Hixx

Pls don't think Balotelli was done in 24 hours.

The Rodwell transfer came out of nowhere and was done within 2 days to the public's knowledge but when he was interviewed he said it'd gone on for 6 weeks.

Meier

There was pretty much nothing until yesterday. The only person who linked us with Balo was an ITK called Macca, who posted about it a few weeks ago and that was only a loan deal at that.

Ayre was quick at this one and has done very well for £16m, now we just need to sell/loan out a few fringe players and we'll be set for the season.

The Italian press are usually just shit stirrers, but this was just an easy article I found from a few weeks back: http://www.football-italia.net/53415/balotelli-liverpool-£14m?. Obviously Rodgers spoke highly of him publicly as well but that wasn't necessarily indicative of anything.

It'll be a shame to see him back in the Prem at another team. City must be a little annoyed because we surely sold him for so cheaply to Milan because we were getting a 15% sell-on fee and were hopeful that'd be 15% of €40m or so and not €20m.

The Rodwell transfer came out of nowhere and was done within 2 days to the public's knowledge but when he was interviewed he said it'd gone on for 6 weeks.

Exactly, some fans like to think it really is as simple as saying "I want x player" and getting it done in 24 hours. Even those "last minute" deadline day deals have usually been going on for a couple of weeks.

Timbuktu

So are you saying that rather than a U turn, B rod just flat out lied a few weeks ago? Either way, no one can believe him when he denies interest in a player again.

Hixx

You are insane bro

Pls your opinion on the Cornetto trilogy means you are the new chairman of the Bad Taste Club.

-

"@TotallyManU · Aug 18
It gives me intense displeasure to break to you that we were unable to speak to Ed Woodward this evening. We will try again. #TotallyManU"

Hahahahaha

Meier

Lmao, I'm rolling at this account's tweets. They are all amazing.

Totally Man U @TotallyManU · Aug 19
Less than 24 hours to go before TotallyManU's official @instagram launch! Who's excited?? Get in touch using the hashtag #TotallyManU

I am hosting a TotallyManU Instagram party tonight in Manchester! Get your tickets NOW! Message me for details. #TotallyManU

Really low turnout tonight for the TotallyManU Instagram party. I have to say I'm very disappointed.

Totally Man U @TotallyManU · 22h
I am humbled and honoured to unveil the opening of the TotallyManU Instagram page!! It's finally here! Get following!
(Photo of Instagram page with no photos on it attached)

TeddyBoy

The Italian press are usually just shit stirrers, but this was just an easy article I found from a few weeks back: http://www.football-italia.net/53415/balotelli-liverpool-£14m?. Obviously Rodgers spoke highly of him publicly as well but that wasn't necessarily indicative of anything.

It'll be a shame to see him back in the Prem at another team. City must be a little annoyed because we surely sold him for so cheaply to Milan because we were getting a 15% sell-on fee and were hopeful that'd be 15% of €40m or so and not €20m.

That's a good article there, it even got the price right. I suppose I shouldn't be quite as dismissive of Italian news stories, just after all the Vidal stories it's a little hard to know who's reliable at this point.

dc89

Lmao, I'm rolling at this account's tweets. They are all amazing.

Less than 24 hours to go before TotallyManU's official @instagram launch! Who's excited?? Get in touch using the hashtag #TotallyManU

I am hosting a TotallyManU Instagram party tonight in Manchester! Get your tickets NOW! Message me for details. #TotallyManU

Really low turnout tonight for the TotallyManU Instagram party. I have to say I'm very disappointed.

Totally Man U @TotallyManU · 22h
I am humbled and honoured to unveil the opening of the TotallyManU Instagram page!! It's finally here! Get following!
(Photo of Instagram page with no photos on it attached)

I CANT!

GorillaJu

New signings hype boys

Moreno
Manquillo
Markovic
Can
Lambert
Lovren
Lallana
Balotelli
Origi

We've got an up and coming pass-and-move left back, a balls-deep energetic right back, a potentially monstrous Messi-lite, a promising box-to-box CM, experience and options, one of the best CBs in England and a potential future captain, a creative and versatile attacking mid, a good goal scorer to pair with Sturridge, and a promising striker who will be with us next year. All good players that will enhance the team without having to make a huge overhaul.

Net spend in the region of 30m and done we before deadline day.. Net spend will drop when Borini and Assaidi are sold.

It's all on paper, but our squad is looking the deepest and most complete that it's been in years. Satisfaction.

So are you saying that rather than a U turn, B rod just flat out lied a few weeks ago? Either way, no one can believe him when he denies interest in a player again.

Do you know how negotiations work? If he said he wanted Balotelli then Milan would hold all the cards. Also if they then don't get it done they look incompetent.

confuziz

Banned
5 - No goalkeeper has yet saved a shot on target from @MemphisDepay this season (5 shots on target, 5 goals in all comps). Powerhouse.

Our highest paid player is now Philippe fucking Mexes, a fourth string CB.

He makes 1m euro more than our next highest paid player, Sulley fucking Muntari, who just received a contract extension and raise this summer.

Galliani, what the fuck are you doing.

HAHAH good find actually! Sport Mediaset's vice-chairman is Berlusconi!!!!!

Yurt, you should write for Football Italia. They are looking for some new writers and I am sure they would love your take on the world. I am sure the money will come in handy for petrol for your new car.

GorillaJu

World 5-3 still gives me nightmares

GarlAstraea_zps447cb5e6.jpeg

omg you're right. Fuck, they ARE making it accessible for newbies :((( WHAT NEXT? A PAUSE BUTTON?

Yeah a perfect example of an incredible moment with a dull fight. I love the way
Garl and Astraea talk to you if you're in human form. FromSoft get such a hard on from making you do monstrous things and giving you no choice—either murder good people or die yourself. Like Solaire. Solaire T_T I teared up when he was talking to me and I realized I have to kill him, like "I found my own sun! Finally!"
T_T
T_T
T_T

Daffy Duck

I just feel sorry for Spurs on this one, they didn't get to throw their name into the ring for Balotelli.

New signings hype boys

Moreno
Manquillo
Markovic
Can
Lambert
Lovren
Lallana
Balotelli
Origi

We've got an up and coming pass-and-move left back, a balls-deep energetic right back, a potentially monstrous Messi-lite, a promising box-to-box CM, experience and options, one of the best CBs in England and a potential future captain, a creative and versatile attacking mid, a good goal scorer to pair with Sturridge, and a promising striker who will be with us next year. All good players that will enhance the team without having to make a huge overhaul.

Net spend in the region of 30m and done we before deadline day.. Net spend will drop when Borini and Assaidi are sold.

It's all on paper, but our squad is looking the deepest and most complete that it's been in years. Satisfaction.

It's a good day to support LFC, that's for sure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, you should write for Football Italia. They are looking for some new writers and I am sure they would love your take on the world. I am sure the money will come in handy for petrol for your new car.
I don't think I'm capable of writing serious articles

or writing to begin with :lol
Yeah a perfect example of an incredible moment with a dull fight. I love the way
Garl and Astraea talk to you if you're in human form. FromSoft get such a hard on from making you do monstrous things and giving you no choice—either murder good people or die yourself. Like Solaire. Solaire T_T I teared up when he was talking to me and I realized I have to kill him, like "I found my own sun! Finally!"
T_T
T_T
T_T

YES! I love those little-yet-massive touches <3

I couldn't save him in any of my play-throughs :(

EUK32Ig.jpg

Ancelotti: Di María has asked to leave this summer. The player has rejected a contract renewal.

Blah. That's tragic. Dude doesnt even want the money, just wants to leave.

A bit late on the subject but it's not really surprising that Real makes Casillas their main keeper.

Look at last season, he was poor as backup/CL-only keeper. Selling Lopez showed that Real is giving Casillas (at least) one more chance. Giving Casillas confidence is the best move they could do in this situation. If he's still poor in a few months, it's an easy decision to bench him and start Navas. The important matches in the CL and cup aren't before next year, anyway.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I look at all those, and the only one I would want is Lovren. This smacks of Spurs last year. Signing quantity not quality.

On paper it doesn't look much different but they will be playing under a much better manager than our signings were, plus several of them have PL experience.

I don't think they've signed any world class players but they will all settle in a lot quicker than our 7 signings did.

A bit late on the subject but it's not really surprising that Real makes Casillas their main keeper.

Look at last season, he was poor as backup/CL-only keeper. Selling Lopez showed that Real is giving Casillas (at least) one more chance. Giving Casillas confidence is the best move they could do in this situation. If he's still poor in afew months, it's an easy decision to bench him and start Navas. The important matches in the CL and cup aren't before next year, anyway.
Navas as good as he is, wont be a factor; his passport doesnt hold any weight and Florentino knows that kicking out Casillas means fighting a large group of old school madridistas. Let's not forget,Florentino wanted Casillas out when Del Bosque took over; he has never been a Florentino favorite and never will be.

Feorax

I love how often Spurs last year has been wheeled out this window.

As if it's expected that spending £100m on improving depth in your squad is something that has historically resulted in catastrophe time and time again.

Navas as good as he is, wont be a factor; his passport doesnt hold any weight and Florentino knows that kicking out Casillas means fighting a large group of old school madridistas. Let's not forget,Florentino wanted Casillas out when Del Bosque took over; he has never been a Florentino favorite and never will be.

The thing is Casillas needs to leave on his own accord. He's causing more harm than good by staying. Leave for a couple years and then come back to join the coaching staff, it's not fucking rocket science.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
*soz for the combo of off-topic posts*

Zabo, here's your variety bb

cdauyu.gif

it's quite clear that they're keeping the other areas under wraps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom