• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Messi

Lets see where have i seen this before this season:

Half the team out injured/unavailable - check
Herrera
Carrick
Shaw
Rafael
Rojo
Smalling
Kagawa
Fellaini
Lingard

Yet another player goes off injured during the game, this time it's Mata - check

United don't play brilliantly but are still the better side, don't get any luck and don't win - check

United should have had 2 penalties yet get nothing - check

Viva football

I love you

K1LLER7

jbo1G47JjB6DqA.png

HALP

cash out

put the last 3 on again with a 5 er

add City/Atletico/Barca and Madrid

profit innit

Empty

valencia and young are both pretty poor, but they're even worse without evra and rafael overlapping. now in theory losing that side of the game should allow us to overload in the middle, but mata and rooney had terrible games doing nothing between the lines, such that our best chances came from di maria long passes. i think shaw, herrera, rojo, rafael, carrick etc will make us a more efficient team but they aren't suddenly going to connect the dots compared to what we saw today with similar, if lesser players. to be honest i'm sceptical of how to build a good team around rooney, mata and van persie, they just don't seem to gell at all, yet we've invested so much into them that they kind of have to.

What happened to Fellaini? Is he just not playing anymore? lol

I even forgot we had him.

3-5-2 simply won't work. Not with the likes of Valencia and Young.

Rafael - Shaw, maybe, but then we still lack depth. Can't just rely on these two to be fit all season long when they return.

4-3-3 would probably suit this team more.

The combination of Rooney, Mata and RVP is more damaging right now than helping, since everything has to be shoehorned to fit those three players in, and non of them are at their best right now.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
My biggest fear is that this middling drawing/losing streak is becoming a habit, everyones favourite word in punditry is "Confidence", for some its confidence, for others its a lack of talent, hard to tell the difference. I went into todays game honestly thinking we would draw and I have no belief we will win the next game either.

In short I dont know what is going to change to get us playing better.

I still think our problems stem back from renewing Rooney's contract rather than selling him and then making him captain and therefore making him undroppable. With just Mata and RVP, the team as a 4-3-3 picks itself. Now we're trying to shoehorn players into a formation that isn't working.

pulga

Banned
BwSpRwfCcAArdzq.jpg

Just woke up a few minutes ago. Wow @ DiMarzio saying we're getting Falcao. Huh.

Di Marzio says you're getting him

Tancredi insists Madrid are

Some other bin dipper says Juve are in the lead

I don't know what to believe anymore. Rumbo pls

Cider X

Newcastle behind After 1 minute. No goals scored. Defeated Gillingham 1-0 on an own goal. It's gonna be one of "those" seasons isn't it?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I still think our problems stem back from renewing Rooney's contract rather than selling him and then making him captain and therefore making him undroppable. With just Mata and RVP, the team as a 4-3-3 picks itself. Now we're trying to shoehorn players into a formation that isn't working.

People tell me that LvG will bench the big players if they arent doing it for him, I am still waiting for this to happen. Rooney, Mata and RvP cant play if they are going to be unproductive.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hahaha my family are gonna be sick. 1-0 down already, really Newcastle?

Tom @FourFourTom
Wenger sold Song cause of his arrogance, attitude and for bragging to teammates about Barca's interest. Enjoy yourself at West Ham, Alex.

Antti

My biggest fear is that this middling drawing/losing streak is becoming a habit, everyones favourite word in punditry is "Confidence", for some its confidence, for others its a lack of talent, hard to tell the difference. I went into todays game honestly thinking we would draw and I have no belief we will win the next game either.

In short I dont know what is going to change to get us playing better.

You're absolutely right. I've been thinking it's why our attacking looks so stale - the players have lost their confidence. Obviously there are still positions that need strengthening and injuries that hinder us, but the players that are out there are NOT THAT AWFUL. Just look at Di Maria and how he's (still) confident enough to try to carve the defense open instead of passing it sideways or backwards.

A couple of wins or winning a big team would do wonders for us.

Firemind

I'm reading United have spent money for all these players, but I thought they needed a creative midfielder and a CB or two. Have I been wrongly informed?

anthonyOA

We (Spurs) let go of Gylfi Sigurdsson and he sets up all of Swansealona's goals so far.

MoPo, PLS.

Based Lamela better be worth it.

Tempting but should I really double up on Liverpool players? I have no Man City guys which I think is a mistake.

Good point, try not to have 2 midfielders in the same team, otherwise if the team fails to score it kills your total

Dunno really, not sure what the prices are

edit: Naismith if he counts as a midfielder and upgrade Austin with the spared budget

We (Spurs) let go of Gylfi Sigurdsson and he sets up all of Swansealona's goals so far.

MoPo, PLS.

Based Lamela better be worth it.

Lamela has 4 assists already this season.

Chill, hes got this.

Always liked Siggy, shame it never worked out for him. Hes a fantasy team god this season so far. Cheap too.

Top Bottom