• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Wilbur

Banned
who are the front line players out? Shaw, Rafael, Herrera??

Shaw, Rojo, Carrick, Rafael, Herrera. ADM's just got here. RVP is clearly unfit. Mata might have just got injured.

I'm really not worried yet; no more so than I should be with the state of our squad anyway. It'll get better.

Hixx

@jsoverend 2m
Loic Remy was in QPR team at 1pm. Only then did Chelsea trigger release clause, believed to be £10.5m. Remy offered to play but left out.

Oh thank fuck.

But we have started this poorly under Ferguson before

Come on boys lets get some perspective. We don't have a divine right to be top of the league. Have to work for it. That work will be done. We have a lot of injured players, a new system and a new coach.

Can't hack the misery without irony in this thread. I'm fed up of it too, but it'll get better.

DId you guys played SO BAD with a SAF team before?

this is the worst MU team I have seen in 15 years

Clegg

You can't start Mata, Rooney and RVP in the same team. After the international break an once everyone is fit the midfield should be Herrera-Blind-DiMaria

GorillaJu

I wonder what will need to happen for United to come back alive. At the moment if looks like you need a new team, more or less. That's something that takes time. Herrera, Di Maria, De Gea are the three players who I feel like could definitely be said to deserve a long term place.

Shaw is injured and he'll be class without question, so that's 4 players out of 11 who deserve to put on the shirt. Januzaj is more likely to be a big player than to fall off, so 5 players at best (2 of which are very young).

Fergie

Banned
Early days and injuries.

Calma.

3-5-2 isn't working with Valencia and Young. Both stay up far too long.

Fletcher is dead. Really dead.

Nicktendo86

I would still have expected that lineup to beat Burnley, but there you go. It is not panic stations yet, there are a lot of players out, learning from a new coach. We all knew it would take time.

Really hope we will see a different team after the international break.

GorillaJu

Early days and injuries.

Calma.

3-5-2 isn't working with Valencia and Young. Both stay up far too long.

Fletcher is dead. Really dead.

It isn't the system. Those two players were absolute shit in 4-4-2 as well, which is what best utilizes their qualities. T

Hixx

I'm nervous.

Win today means it's a great start. A loss and it's a poor one. A draw and eh, can deal with.

Redknapp is our bogey manager.

doicare

Lets see where have i seen this before this season:

Half the team out injured/unavailable - check
Herrera
Carrick
Shaw
Rafael
Rojo
Smalling
Kagawa
Fellaini
Lingard

Yet another player goes off injured during the game, this time it's Mata - check

United don't play brilliantly but are still the better side, don't get any luck and don't win - check

United should have had 2 penalties yet get nothing - check

Viva football

Wilbur

Banned
If we do stick with the 3-5-2, then the back will be much improved when everyone comes back. Rojo, Shaw, Herrera, Rafael, Carrick, Blind, Di Maria... all much better than what was out there today.

But the front three really need some work, because theoretically they're the best three we could have out there but I just don't see it working.

Dyche's voice :lol :lol :lol :lol funny every time I hear it.

Manchester United

3 games in

Swansea
Sunderland
Burnley

2 points

5DRtOSQ.jpg
Don't forget the quarter of a billion pounds net spending over the last three seasons.

So much wrong with us:

- Our worst players (CBs and wing backs) spend the most time with the ball.

- We're playing a formation so that it can fit in RVP, Rooney and Mata when none of them are even playing well and its affecting our ability to create chances.

- Our CBs are creating chances for the opposition by passing the ball to them in very dangerous positions.

- Fuck tonnes of injuries to a lot of our first team.

- Our CBs are too poor on the ball to play 3 at the back. Unless we buy all new CBs it won't ever work.

- We need to switch to 4-3-3 and one of RVP or Rooney are going to have to give way. LVG needs to show that ability to bench big players for the benefit of the team.

United don't play brilliantly but are still the better side, don't get any luck and don't win - check

United should have had 2 penalties yet get nothing - check

Viva football

The pendulum of karma is making up for years of bullshit...

It's just all coming at once lol

JonnyBrad

If we do stick with the 3-5-2, then the back will be much improved when everyone comes back. Rojo, Shaw, Herrera, Rafael, Carrick, Blind, Di Maria... all much better than what was out there today.

But the front three really need some work, because theoretically they're the best three we could have out there but I just don't see it working.

Dyche's voice :lol :lol :lol :lol funny every time I hear it.

He sounds like someone from Phoenix Nights. Has he got a sore throat or does he always sound like that?

Hixx

On the plus side for Man United Phil Jones took the reigns at the back, apart from that stupid challenge for the free kick where Burnley hit the ball he was solid.

Hindle

Banned
I think United will gain form when It comes to facing the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs etc. Things should even out.

L1NETT

Fancy a cheeky 2-0 today

Hanson and Billy the god Knott

but we are Bradford City

So we'll lose embarrassingly

On the plus side for Man United Phil Jones took the reigns at the back, apart from that stupid challenge for the free kick where Burnley hit the ball he was solid.

He is a good centre back. Evans and Blackett's distribution was woeful, thought Jones did decent enough.

Hixx

That West Ham kid was shouting about a "MAJOR INTERNATIONAL SIGNING" being announced before kick off.

Alex Song on loan
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

K1LLER7

But we have started this poorly under Ferguson before

Come on boys lets get some perspective. We don't have a divine right to be top of the league. Have to work for it. That work will be done. We have a lot of injured players, a new system and a new coach.

Can't hack the misery without irony in this thread. I'm fed up of it too, but it'll get better.
We should be playing better against the first 3 teams we've played this season. Changing system or not.

These players clearly aren't comfortable/capable of playing in a 352/532 and he's trying to make it work in this league. It doesn't suit the players we have and unless Rojo and Blind help fix that, I highly doubt it'll get better.

Hopefully we see some improvement after the international break and have these injuries cleared up. Herrera has been a massive miss.

The worst thing is how negative the team has been going forwards.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If RvP puts his chance away, if Mata doesnt slip in the box then Di Maria feasibly has 2 assists in the first half and the game changes.

But we arent taking those chances.

Top Bottom