• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

What's the reason for disliking Laudrup? From the outside it seemed like he couldn't really be bothered last season, which is a dreadful trait for a manager

Meier

I don't think we will see Jovetic and Aguero starting again together because they both want to roam so much. There wasn't someone sitting central in or near the box enough in the first half.

pulsemyne

What's the reason for disliking Laudrup? From the outside it seemed like he couldn't really be bothered last season, which is a dreadful trait for a manager

Behind the scenes he let the team go to shit. The fact that he didn't seem bothered also annoyed people. Swansea have a certain way of playing and under Laudrup that style started to disappear. The Monk however has brought it back.

Into

Allegri era begins

scaledphpserver189filen.png

Southampton's new boys looked good today, gelling well. And that mistake at the Etihad was poor even by Hart's hilarious standards, lol.

Hopefully Fernandinho is still in World Cup form when he comes to The Emi.

Also, black numbers on the back of the kit looks much better than that awful yellow.

I liked the yellow =/

Didn't know Coman got the #11. And he's starting. So he's really a part of the first team then...hmm.

Southampton's new boys looked good today, gelling well. And that mistake at the Etihad was poor even by Hart's hilarious standards, lol.

Hopefully Fernandinho is still in World Cup form when he comes to The Emi.

I liked the yellow =/

Didn't know Coman got the #11. And he's starting. So he's really a part of the first team then. Hmm.

So did I, but you couldn't SEE the yellow. It needed to be on either partly on a black background or with black trim, or stronger type.

Like this:
1374053843-0-juventus-2010-2011--9-iaquinta-home.jpg

anthonyOA

I'm sorry but there's something fishy about the whole situation with Zaha at utd. Did he piss in Sir Alex's Quaker Oats?

He's been ostracised without realy playing all that much over there...

pulsemyne

There was an interview with Monk that talked about the changes he made. For example he makes the players switch off their mobile phones during lunch so they all end up talking to each other. He also gave everyone iPads with all the tactics and formations on them. This has made it so everyone at meal times talks to each other about tactics. A really simple idea and yet it works. He also makes it so everyone speaks english so that noone can go off into their own little groups and talk in a language others don't understand. It just helps bring the team together. He even made the older players show the new players around the city and take them property hunting etc.
Simple things that bring a team together.

SHarris78

Well I think we can agree we dislike Laudrup more. Rodgers I'm 50/50 on as he did well at the club but fucked off when the money came calling.

Noooooo no no no.....

Laudrup did ok but just ran out of ideas at the end, so him leaving after delivering us a trophy was, for me, a good thing. Rodgers had us playing good football in his time there and i'd have been happy if he had stayed longer. But then of course came the 'i'm not going anywhere, my work at Swansea is not finished' response to the Liverpool approach. If he had initially said nothing, and in the end say something like 'I couldn't turn a job as big as this down' then fine, but to say what he said and then a couple of days later bugger off, Lying git.

H1PSTER

Not sure if you missed it earlier, I'd recommend Naismith for our FPL if he counts as a midfielder, and upgrade Austin with the budget that frees up, maybe to Bony or someone

Sadly Naismith is a striker, could still be worth it but I fear he won't play that much when Barkley comes back.

bjaelke

Vidal unlucky there
Noooooo no no no.....

Laudrup did ok but just ran out of ideas at the end, so him leaving after delivering us a trophy was, for me, a good thing. Rodgers had us playing good football in his time there and i'd have been happy if he had stayed longer. But then of course came the 'i'm not going anywhere, my work at Swansea is not finished' response to the Liverpool approach. If he had initially said nothing, and in the end say something like 'I couldn't turn a job as big as this down' then fine, but to say what he said and then a couple of days later bugger off, Lying git.

Gary Monk will do the same thing when he's offered the England job next Summer.

pulsemyne

Noooooo no no no.....

Yeah the whole thing left a bad taste in the mouth. Also pinching half the backroom and players didn't help.

Top Bottom