• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

sohois

In the past I've thought that the defensive problems have often come down to bad fullbacks, or mediocre cover from midfield, but today the fullbacks have been good and the midfield has largely controlled, even Gerrard's been decent. The 2 CBs are still having a bit of a mare though.

Sakho seems to be singled out for more criticism so far, but for me once again Lovren is the worst.

Don't think Mignolet has done anything wrong either.

LTWheels

I think we need to get Henderson running into the box more, past our strikers. The extra man running from deep helps to open stuff up.

I feel that Sakho has been worse than Lovren. Played us into danger too many times.

It's time

j4ON688qWNZJt.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Please someone gif Brendan clapping then, that's hilarious

Salvadora

I think they are both average really. Szc probably just shading it...could be worse though...at least we are spared the talents of Joe Hart.
No way, Szc still makes the odd mistake here and there but I'd say his distribution is the best in the league and he's much more commanding and assertive compared to his earlier years.

The only aspect I think Mignolet shades him in is shot stopping.

L1NETT

I don't what match people are watching if Lovren is the worst

As Walshy correctly put it....it's a brand new back 4. There are gonna be issues, they aren't settled yet. Like when they both went for that ball. Those things will be eradicated in time.

Still would like a better keeper and less dozy centre back

Gerrard doesn't seem to like possession today after.

Spurs seem fine, Dier again looks bright. Capoue strong and some neat touches from Eriksen and Lamela but that's it.

Lovren's too proactive for his own good sometimes, steps out without any organisational duties on his mind.

Yeah he;s like Keown/Wetherall. Aggressive way of defending, that's good. But then you need a partner who will mop up and they haven't been playing long enough together for that partnership to gel.

Wilbur

Banned
If we get 16 million british pounds for hernandez then i will unsheathe woodward's meaty veiny cock and take it in my mouth until i dribble soap

3Sixty

Lovren's too proactive for his own good sometimes, steps out without any organisational duties on his mind.

He often gets obsessed with players and follows them out and wide when it should be defensive mids and full backs job to pick them up.

LTWheels

I think Gerrard should also be subbed around 60. Although Allen being on yellow makes it a difficult decision of who to replace.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Seems like our business is done, as a first step can't complain,lots of good solid players in, reinforcements in jan no doubt.

Yeah I was annoyed Arsenal didn't get him but Szc is much more commanding and in general, better.

He might be more commanding, but he's incredibly arrogant without having the talent to back it up.

Chesney makes the odd decent save but he's a fucking lunatic and has absolutely no concept of decision making, rushing out like he's Neuer, makes himself look like Neville Southall. Lloris is similar, his kicking today has just been so shit but he's a better keeper overall

Salvadora

Stan Kroenke is going to watch us away....

Get hyped, boys.
He might be more commanding, but he's incredibly arrogant without having the talent to back it up.

Chesney makes the odd decent save but he's a fucking lunatic and has absolutely no concept of decision making, rushing out like he's Neuer, makes himself look like Neville Southall. Lloris is similar, his kicking today has just been so shit but he's a better keeper overall
Lloris is mental at rushing out and gets away with so much.

Szc isn't that crazy at coming out and it has, for the most part, worked out. He comes across as arrogant/twatish, but he's good m8.

Mr Cola

We HAVE to give a better performance in the game after the international break. Or I might just lose all hope.
The world won't end if we don't get top four, just gotta keep improving, I'm confident we will get back up there, just going to take time.

Top Bottom