• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

LAM09

Surprised Juve managed to keep hold on to their big names for a bit longer. Credit to them, but someone will sooner rather than later.

LNBL

ea028f520eebb16b2de55aaa5df600b0.png

lol

Making a killing on FM (deadline day always drags me back). I do what Chelsea do in real life with hoarding youngsters only on a much larger scale, got about 10 centre backs I need to choose from for the first team - JT, Varane, Cahill, Stones, Cardozo, Denswil, Balanta, Zouma and I'm thinking of buying Tin Jedvaj(sp?) from Roma, might go for someone else if I can get a good deal.

Sold Ramires to City at the start of last season for £39.5m and now I've accepted £41.5m from PSG for Oscar.

I will ship out Mangala (got Balanta to cover his positions), Chambers (dropped to 2.5* so need to get value back) and at least Lukaku.

Won the title and the LC but Moyes beat me in the CL semi-final on away goals, cunt.

Lightning

Banned
They are embarrassing especially those who insult the manager and go on like we could sign Falcao ahead of United.

Hope Gibbs will be back for the City game and BFG and Kos can go the season without serious injuries.
Gibbs will be back, Wenger already confirmed that. Kos pulled out of the France squad but Wenger said he will be alright too. Mertesacker retired from internationals. So only Debuchy and Chambers from our defensive line out on duty and all of them will be okay for our next game (Unless something new happens).

Falcao's wages were never a goer, Liverpool would have passed on him and went for Balotelli for the exact same reason. No way can our clubs pay that,

dc89

Either Meier or Manager was adamant he was settled and happy at City.

Again, naive.

Also I read that the Negredo deal was an obligation to buy, not an option. €27 million.

Obligation hey?

Can I count that money already. I think it means we've made a profit this transfer window. MCFC have made a profit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im so fucking bummed out, I really thought we would get an attacker.

Welp, see you guys in 2 weeks then, grats on all the signing if you got some :(

Meier

How much have Valencia paid for Negredo?

Sounds like City will make a profit on the deal since he was €20m+€5m last summer. Can't imagine he met all performance variables already.

I thought Valencia had serious debt issues? would be surprised if they actually bought him in the end.
They have a new owner coming in but he isn't official yet. Most all of their signings this summer were loans because they don't officially have his cash yet. He can't finance any purchases until he officially owns the club so they're agreeing to deals that require them to buy the player next summer.

Walshy

Is he training with us or something? Would be a good way to get him back to fitness and get used to his possible future team mates (would also destroy Mig's confidence :'().

Also feels good to have Spainish players back at the club again, the Benitez effect.
Don't think he's training with us,

Falcao's wages were never a goer, Liverpool would have passed on him and went for Balotelli for the exact same reason. No way can our clubs pay that,
We didn't pass on him for his wages, we got told by his entourage he was Madrid-bound.

Valdes, a game changer? let's not get carried away here, he's still shit
He would be an upgrade on Mignolet and we would finally have a keeper that suits the style of our play

L1NETT

Deals of the day probably McArthur to Palace, excellent player and Diame to Hull for me

Diame is an absolute ox in midfield, old Potato face has been canny

Meier

Either Meier or Manager was adamant he was settled and happy at City.

Again, naive.

Also I read that the Negredo deal was an obligation to buy, not an option. €27 million.
Must have been Manager but I'm sure he was just quoting Pellegrini if he said it. Negredo has wanted out all summer. He was really mad at City for his not making the WC even though that's ridiculous and it's solely down to him playing poorly after his injury.

Baki

...and this window started so positively.

I've resigned myself to another mediocre season.

RIP Arsenal , soon our trophy cabinet will be the talk of history books.

Arnie

Valdes, a game changer? let's not get carried away here, he's still shit
No he isn't.

And he's a game changer because he can play with his feet. Like, he can really play with his feet. And he can become our sweeper. Our system requires a sweeper. Mignolet can't sweep.

Valdes is better than Scz and Ospina.

Top Bottom