• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Wilbur

Banned
Falcao was obviously done hours ago and we think its a good idea to keep everyone waiting

imagine if we announced vidal right now

Hixx

Can't believe we didn't sign Borini or another LB.

wtzgU.gif

What's he saying?

The usual points about earning potential and that at the end of the day 30k is half of 60k.

But also that the clubs have a responsibility. Players get alot of the blame but clubs can also be really underhand in what opportunities they give to their players.

Tor Kristian Karlsen also made an interesting point that apparently in Germany 30/40 percent of your wage packet is based on performance/appearance related pay.

Baki

If signing Ozil, Sanchez and winning the FA cup was not enough morale boost for the fans then the problem lies with the fans.

No, this is a small club mentality. And this is the attitude that will make us into one.

We can and should do better.

I mean - how can you be happy having Yaya fucking Sanogo as our senior striker for 3 months.

Having no 3rd choice CB or a real defensive midfielder.

What does that say about the ambition of the club if they are not willing to address these issues.

RVP was right. This club has no ambition.

The usual points about earning potential and that at the end of the day 30k is half of 60k.

But also that the clubs have a responsibility. Players get alot of the blame but clubs can also be really underhand in what opportunities they give to their players.

Tor Kristian Karlsen also made an interesting point that apparently in Germany 30/40 percent of your wage packet is based on performance/appearance related pay.

We really need to switch to more performance based pay at United.

The base salary of these players is ridiculous.

L1NETT

Rotherham have apparently signed Becchio on loan

:lol :lol :lol

that cheered me up

And the scum losing Smith for 500k at the last minute and still without a manager

3Sixty

Ben Foster ‏

I swear if I catch my son dancing behind a reporter on sky like these kids are I'm gonna 2 foot him.

(From last year, still jokes)

Lightning

Banned
But seeing him at Chelsea breaks my heart. :(
It breaks mine too but we have Ozil, Sanchez, Wilshere, Ramsey. How much creative talent do you need in the middle of the park? The problem's lie elsewhere.

And I stand by Welbeck is a solid signing,

DM will be an issue this season, CB too if we get major injuries there but there is no justification whatsoever for Arsenal fans losing their shit over things. They are acting like 5yr olds who have had their toys confiscated. It would take a miracle to finish ahead of Chelsea this season no who we signed.

Oh yeah... United have got a balanced squad. NOT.

Doesn't matter how much money we have. Wenger will find a way to fuck it up.

We don't have a problem with money, our problem is Wengers transfer strategy.

Once Wenger goes and we bring in a better manager (e.g. Conte). We will actually be title contenders again.

No, Wenger's strategy has put your club on a sound financial footing whilst the club paid for the stadium and kept you in CL football for god knows how long. Yes, you ain't won the title in a while, but you've had to put up with Billionaire's inflating the transfer market, spending ridiculous amounts of money at a huge loss and nicking some of your better players. With FFP coming in you'll have more of a chance in the future. I agree that Wenger's strategy for a striker (Sanogo!) is a bit nuts but given your wage structure and transfer budget up until recently he's not done too badly at all.

Top Bottom