• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Friend, do you have that Jozy head spinning gif? Klinsmann made the guy captain against the Czech Republic today and I feel like I'm going to get a lot out of it :lol

lpd8nQQ.gif

jllpfg.gif

LTWheels

I hope Sturridge and Sterling are in the top 50.

I'm also curious what Henderson's rating would be. I still think outside of Liverpool fans he is still underrated because he is not a glamours player.

Our first two goals against Spurs both came about because Henderson won the ball off Spurs high up the pitch in dangerous positions, turn defence into attack.

I really hope the Spurs performance was indicative of our attacking tactics this season. Sturridge played really well against Spurs without ever really coming close to scoring, but because others stepped up to score we weren't reliant on him scoring at all, and he put in a performance similar to the ones we're used to seeing from Suarez against big teams

Was worried before the season that we'd have him isolated up front (which was the case against Southampton and City, unfortunately), and in both games he struggled to influence the way we were playing. Against Spurs however he was drifting all over the place, with Henderson, Sterling and Balotelli buzzing around him. Need to continue like that.

Don't want to end up with a system where if the striker isn't scoring, he isn't doing anything. With the balance we have in attack, Rodgers is probably more important than any one of those players, since it seems to be very system-reliant compared to other attacking units which are more individualistic

If you'd told me 2 years ago that our first choice attack would be comprised of Sturridge, Sterling, Henderson and Balotelli, and it was damn good, I'd have laughed at you. Early days with Balotelli, but he seems to have fitted in pretty seamlessly, despite the dreadful finishing.

Defense, on the other hand.....

But he's a proven winner at the CL level.

He will play bro. Just watch :p

I do have a nagging feeling that with this being Rodgers' first time in the CL, he'll do something silly like opt for Johnson's experience instead of Manquillo or Flanagan's superior form and current ability

Experience is pointless if it isn't backed up with performances. Having watched them against Sociedad, it's simple either way. Raheem, run at the fullbacks. Balotelli, plant yourself on Casillas. Done.

Unless Navas plays. Then we're fucked.

Salvadora

Interesting that Arsenal have instructed our new academy manager (Jonker) to go Dutch.

Us and United may both be going down that path.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Pukki complaining the SPFL is too weak. Coming from a guy who only scored 7 goals in 34 games while playing as a striker for Celtic in it. lol.

Scum

I really hope the Spurs performance was indicative of our attacking tactics this season. Sturridge played really well against Spurs without ever really coming close to scoring, but because others stepped up to score we weren't reliant on him scoring at all, and he put in a performance similar to the ones we're used to seeing from Suarez against big teams

Hitch? pls. Don't use us as some sort of barometer for anything. Everyone bar teams bereft of life will be doing well against us. ;__;

Salvadora

What does that mean? Sign lots of young Dutch players?
As in, he was instructed by Arsenal themselves to hire fellow Dutchmen such as Jan van Loon to coach the U16s and Frans de Kat for the U18s and U21s.

Just struck me as intriguing that the club is going in that direction.

Hitch? pls. Don't use us as some sort of barometer for anything. Everyone bar teams bereft of life will be doing well against us. ;__;

I know (¬¬)

Rodgers in his time here has a bit of a record for somewhat drastically changing things for a game*, then sticking with it if it works. Against you lot there was a marked difference in they way our attackers were playing and running off of eachother, which just wasn't there in the first 2 games. Maybe it was just a case of waiting for the Balotelli/Remy figure to get in the team and give Sturridge the support he needs, regardless I hope B-Rod saw the way it didn't work against Southampton and City, and the way changing it made us look like a completely different team more akin to what we saw last season, and sticks with it

We have a swarm of bees, and they're only a real threat when they attack as a group :p

@LaLigaGAF, why were we the only team in for Moreno? Perhaps he just made it know that he wanted to join us and wasn't listening to other offers, if not it's a bit odd. Especially as it took so long to get it done, you'd think someone else would have come in at some point

*Villa at home eugh

Jarnet87

In career mode Fellaini is rediculous

I mean beast mode rediculous

Not when you have him btw, you just cant play against him, too strong, great passing, stamina for days.

God there are so many broken players in career mode.

Fellaini is a box to box legend in FIFA. dat tackling, dat strength, dat goal scoring ability. Moyes ya fewl why didn't you let him be our hero.

EmiPrime

I think Spurs can finish 6th and go far in the EL (maybe even win it if MoPo really gets the team playing for him). You're not that bad!

Henderson versus Kroos will be one of those vintage, supernova football-GAF moments.

Telling you.
Hendo looks like he could pick up Kroos with one hand and carry him around the pitch with relative ease. Even if Kroos is almost 6 feet he just seems so short to me. No idea why he just does lol.

Meier

Whats happening with Guidetti?
SFA put in a request to FIFA to allow the move to go through since the process had already started well before the deadline. They must not have a huge exemption built in like England apparently. He was already cleared for domestic comps from what STV said.

Evening Standard saying that they expect England to stick to 4-2-3-1 based on training.

Ples Woy, go midfield diamond...

4-3-fucking-3

Rooney being captain and Roy being in charge has killed that dream :(

I even think a decent manager could compromise and fit Rooney in there, but oh well

Top Bottom