• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

LTWheels

4-3-fucking-3

Rooney being captain and Roy being in charge has killed that dream :(

I even think a decent manager could compromise and fit Rooney in there, but oh well

Even with 4-3-3, we are still playing with either Rooney, or Sturridge out wide. Also Sterling will be forced out wide instead of no.10.

Just go the Liverpool diamond formation. Add Ox or Wilshere into midfield, plus a more defensive midfielder to drop into the CB. Would fit our fullbacks anyway because they can't defend.

K1LLER7

RUMBO

axx9dd.gif

anthonyOA

Hitch? pls. Don't use us as some sort of barometer for anything. Everyone bar teams bereft of life will be doing well against us. ;__;

Dude, we're not that bad. Liverpool's style of pressing and flooding attack (and defence) will make lots of teams look awful this season. Spurs won their first two games and lost 1 against very good opposition. I actually think MoPo will succeed in getting us to atleast Southampton level of attacking play.

Chill.

Even with 4-3-3, we are still playing with either Rooney, or Sturridge out wide. Also Sterling will be forced out wide instead of no.10.

Just go the Liverpool diamond formation. Add Ox or Wilshere into midfield, plus a more defensive midfielder to drop into the CB. Would fit our fullbacks anyway because they can't defend.

--------------------------Hart---------------------------

Clyne---------Stones----Cahill----------Baines

------------------------Barry----------------------------

--------Henderson-------------Wilshere----------

----------------------Sterling---------------------------

-------------Rooney------------------------------------
-------------------------------Sturridge----------------

Probably England's best 11 unless Jagielka sorts himself out. Neither Barry nor Clyne are even in the squad akaik :s

Barkley for Henderson or Wilshere depending on form. Maybe even give Cattermole a chance, as much as people would scoff.

Kill3r7

--------------------------Hart---------------------------

Clyne---------Stones----Cahill----------Baines

------------------------Barry----------------------------

--------Henderson-------------Wilshere----------

----------------------Sterling---------------------------

-------------Rooney------------------------------------
-------------------------------Sturridge----------------

Probably England's best 11 unless Jagielka sorts himself out. Neither Barry nor Clyne are even in the squad akaik :s

Barkley for Henderson or Wilshere depending on form. Maybe even give Cattermole a chance, as much as people would scoff.

Seems about right. Unfortunately that's not a very good team.

Was it alive to begin with?

The dream was alive. Briefly. Roy is like some kind of grim reaper from millennia-old mythology though, travelling from team to team crushing the hopes of the fans until he is made to depart, leaving behind a withered husk.

Roy-Hodgson.jpg

Rodgers has bought life back to Liverpool, and he'll do the same with England eventually.

I mean, look at how low the standards are for England at the moment. We just want to enjoy watching the team play, and not embarass ourselves at tournaments. Plenty of teams with worse players than our's manage it. Supporting England is a chore at the moment, and has been since 2006

Tc91

Didn't watch him at Monaco, but the A.Madrid one was better imo.

Not sure what impact the injury would have had on him now though.

He was unstoppable at Atletico, for sure the best striker in the world at the time.

Hope that injury hasn't knocked him back too far.

3Sixty

Fuck, the fact Clyne isn't even in the squad and JOHN FUCKING STONES is playing right back is SO INFURIATING.

FUCK.

I don't even like international football

BUT FUCK.

EmiPrime

He's been a bit shit for them recently. Lots of running into dead space, passes going to the opposition, crap tackles. He needs a change of scenery, i think.

That sounds familiar.

Maybe ITV can bring him on as a pundit. Everyone loves a bit of Eboue.

Hindle

Banned
Fuck, the fact Clyne isn't even in the squad and JOHN FUCKING STONES is playing right back is SO INFURIATING.

FUCK.

I don't even like international football

BUT FUCK.

When we get hammered by Switzerland, Hodgson will hopefully be sacked.

ShogunX

4-3-fucking-3

Rooney being captain and Roy being in charge has killed that dream :(

I even think a decent manager could compromise and fit Rooney in there, but oh well

4-3-3, Clyne at Right back, Sterling and Ox Supporting Sturridge and Ward-Prowse in the middle with Hendo and Wilshere.

Do it Roy.

Top Bottom