• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Germany match is already boring, so I'm posting a pic of Shinji and El Gordo:
UNYKtSX.jpg

Ughhhhhhhhhh, I fucking hope not.

We won't qualify for the Euros with Hodgson, he's that shit.

Qualifying is theoretically a piece of piss with the new system, though we'll probably scrape it regardless

And Greg Dyke said like 17 seconds after Costa Rica beat Italy that Hodgson's future was completely safe. And unlike a PL chairman, he meant it :(

Scum

I think Spurs can finish 6th and go far in the EL (maybe even win it if MoPo really gets the team playing for him). You're not that bad!

I'll take that.

Dude, we're not that bad. Liverpool's style of pressing and flooding attack (and defence) will make lots of teams look awful this season. Spurs won their first two games and lost 1 against very good opposition. I actually think MoPo will succeed in getting us to atleast Southampton level of attacking play.

Chill.

image.php

:p

4-3-fucking-3

Rooney being captain and Roy being in charge has killed that dream :(

I even think a decent manager could compromise and fit Rooney in there, but oh well

1097609_England.jpg

Hindle

Banned
Would anything actually fucking change though?

Fuck knows who those FA #bunchoftwats would employ.

The FA are starting to get hit where it hurts, namely their wallets. Attendance for this Norway game is at an all time low I think. So hopefully, they wake the fuck up, or better still, fuck off completely.

L1NETT

Would anything actually fucking change though?

Fuck knows who those FA #bunchoftwats would employ.

Yup nothing. People who wildly throw shit at hodgson aren't great at pattern recognition. We haven't produced quality players for how long? England have always been pretty rubs, this is nothing particularly new.

And also Clyne would most likely get injured on england duty, so count yourself lucky.

I'm a big Ward-Prowse fan guys but I wouldn't chuck him in as the savior of england just yet.

He isn't the saviour of squat but would be nice to at least get him in involved.

TeddyBoy

4-3-3, Clyne at Right back, Sterling and Ox Supporting Sturridge and Ward-Prowse in the middle with Hendo and Wilshere.

Do it Roy.

That squad is actually balanced.

A shame Hodge will never do it.

You forgot Lallana as well :p

@Hitch: This midfield will have all three players do a little defending with high pressing. I don't think Ward Prowse will have an issue with that.

3Sixty

The FA are pleased to announce that Harry Redknapp will manage England through to Russia 2018.

Oh god.

And also Clyne would most likely get injured on england duty, so count yourself lucky.

I know or tapped up by those fucking Liverpool cunts. But still.

Tough shit. He's in my England squad. Then again, Barry might not be a bad choice...

I'd start getting him in and around the team but yeah. Woy.

Scum

Yup nothing. People who wildly throw shit at hodgson aren't great at pattern recognition. We haven't produced quality players for how long? England have always been pretty rubs, this is nothing particularly new.

He isn't the saviour of squat but would be nice to at least get him in involved.

That's true. But having someone organise these scrubs into a half decent playing unit will actually pay off.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Joel Campbell's agent has blasted Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger for not allowing the forward leave the club this summer.

Joaquim Batica has questioned Wenger's motives over the Costa Rica star after denying the 22-year-old a move to Portuguese giants Benfica on transfer deadline day.

Wenger has reiterated a desire to keep Campbell following his impressive loan spell at Olympiacos last season and his good World Cup, where he played a key role in his nation reaching the quarter-finals before losing to Holland on penalties.

But he has only played 16 minutes of Premier League football this season and Batica is quoted in O Jogo as saying: 'Benfica fought until the last minute to sign Campbell but the move didn’t happen because, in the last hour, Arsenal decided to keep him.

'Wenger says he did not want to sell him. But if he is not in his plans, then why not allow him to leave?'

The £16million arrival of Danny Welbeck from Premier League rivals Manchester United has also cast doubt over Campbell's future with him now seemingly behind Welbeck, Yaya Sanogo and the injured Olivier Giroud in the striking pecking order.

Welbeck, meanwhile, could not be happier to be at Arsenal, telling the club's website: 'It's exciting times for me.

'It's great to be a part of this club and it's a team that I've always watched in the Premier League. I've envisaged myself playing in this team before. For it to finally happen is very exciting.'

booooo

Joel Campbell's agent has blasted Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger for not allowing the forward leave the club this summer.

Joaquim Batica has questioned Wenger's motives over the Costa Rica star after denying the 22-year-old a move to Portuguese giants Benfica on transfer deadline day.

Wenger has reiterated a desire to keep Campbell following his impressive loan spell at Olympiacos last season and his good World Cup, where he played a key role in his nation reaching the quarter-finals before losing to Holland on penalties.

But he has only played 16 minutes of Premier League football this season and Batica is quoted in O Jogo as saying: 'Benfica fought until the last minute to sign Campbell but the move didn’t happen because, in the last hour, Arsenal decided to keep him.

'Wenger says he did not want to sell him. But if he is not in his plans, then why not allow him to leave?'

The £16million arrival of Danny Welbeck from Premier League rivals Manchester United has also cast doubt over Campbell's future with him now seemingly behind Welbeck, Yaya Sanogo and the injured Olivier Giroud in the striking pecking order.

Welbeck, meanwhile, could not be happier to be at Arsenal, telling the club's website: 'It's exciting times for me.

'It's great to be a part of this club and it's a team that I've always watched in the Premier League. I've envisaged myself playing in this team before. For it to finally happen is very exciting.'

booooo

Like Welbeck ever dreamed about playing for Arsenal :lol

ShogunX

Who does the defending in midfield? :p

Three in the middle drop without the ball as does Sterling and Ox. Not even worth talking about this anyway as we all know Rooney is going to play every match despite being an over paid, over weight, potato headed granny's ham wallet lover.

--------------------------Hart---------------------------

Clyne---------Stones----Cahill----------Baines

------------------------Barry----------------------------

--------Henderson-------------Wilshere----------

----------------------Sterling---------------------------

-------------Rooney------------------------------------
-------------------------------Sturridge----------------

Probably England's best 11 unless Jagielka sorts himself out. Neither Barry nor Clyne are even in the squad akaik :s

Barkley for Henderson or Wilshere depending on form. Maybe even give Cattermole a chance, as much as people would scoff.

The fact he's already being considered as an alternative helps because it means that his current form is helping remove the pre conceived tag of him as a bit mental, which he was, but Poyet has certainly helped calm that down.

If Hodgson considers Colback a DM in the same way Pardew apparently does then Cattermole is better than him hands down. But then again England don't seem to play the deep midfielder (or if they do they'll play gerrard as part of a two in midfield with Henderson which was awful) that we do in our system and Colback probably offers that bit more going forward whereas Catts does the dirty work and looks to find another outlet to take the ball forward. Most Sunderland fans will agree that Cattermole's our most important player atm and has been pretty much since our form upturned last year.

Stulaw

West Ham's Squad:

Goalkeepers: Adrian, Jaaskelainen, Spiegel

Defenders: Collins, Cresswell, Demel, Jenkinson, Tomkins, O'Brien, Reid,

Midfielders: Amalfitano, Downing, Jarvis, Kouyate, Lletget, Noble, Nolan, Song,

Strikers: Carroll, Cole, Sakho, Valencia, Vaz Te, Zarate

Under 21: Diego Poyet, Ravel Morrison, Dan Potts, Elliot Lee and Reece Burke.

Danchi

Wonder if we'd have Crouch and Defoe upfront still with Redknapp. Maybe bring Niko Kranjcar along cos he's such a good lad.

L1NETT

That's true. But having someone organise these scrubs into a half decent playing unit will actually pay off.

Way we played against Italy was some of the best football we played in a tourney for a while. Yeah we were pants against Uruguay but remember Slovenia or Algeria or even Croatia?

There are so many things wrong with english national football but for folks to lay them all at the door of Roy Hodgson is just fucking wrong. Yeah he is probably a bit old school for international football but we have been shocking for so long now, it really isn't his fault.

Get Pulis in charge.

And then people say this fucking horeshite

Yeah a wanker who for most of his club career was hated and played utterly turgid football

Great shout.

Arnie

Barry should be in the England squad. Barry is the best deep lying playmaker England currently have. Barry should've been in the squad even when Gerrard was in as his backup. That he wasn't points to the utter lack of a system in the England setup, that there is no need to even imitate Gerrard's functions in his absence.

At his age Gerrard does a couple of things really, really well, provided the system allows him to do it. Barry isn't far off that niche.

I don't think we got the best out of that role during the World Cup, and it's precisely the thing Rodgers has extracted from him at Liverpool.

Argue whether we need a Gerrard, or a Barry, but given the absence of the former we'll see a significantly different England tonight for better or for worse.

Hopefully it'll be the former because having a more able and youthful midfielder able to move around various positions without relying too much of a system is more likely to work in a team coached by an incompetent fucking owl.

Christ I hate Roy Hodgson.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Falcao will look at Valencia and Young in training and be absolutely baffled that professional footballers cannot use their weak foot.

I am baffled

Cant you just practice in training? What use is there if you cant ever use your opposite foot?

Bendtner and Agger fighting for who have to take the penalty lol

Falcao will look at Valencia and Young in training and be absolutely baffled that professional footballers cannot use their weak foot.

I am baffled

Cant you just practice in training? What use is there if you cant ever use your opposite foot?

He just came from Monaco, who despite buying some high profile players still have a lot of shit. I think he will be alright with Young and Valencia.

Hixx

The fact he's already being considered as an alternative helps because it means that his current form is helping remove the pre conceived tag of him as a bit mental, which he was, but Poyet has certainly helped calm that down.

If Hodgson considers Colback a DM in the same way Pardew apparently does then Cattermole is better than him hands down. But then again England don't seem to play the deep midfielder (or if they do they'll play gerrard as part of a two in midfield with Henderson which was awful) that we do in our system and Colback probably offers that bit more going forward whereas Catts does the dirty work and looks to find another outlet to take the ball forward. Most Sunderland fans will agree that Cattermole's our most important player atm and has been pretty much since our form upturned last year.

Is this

is this

a Sunderland fan?

TeddyBoy

If your a Sunderland fan then Hixx will love you. If your a Newcastle fan he'll hate you.

Welcome either way!

Nice Bolin avatar as well :D there's a Korra thread in the off topic if your interested!

Edit:

Hixx beat me by seconds >.>

Scum

And then people say this fucking horeshite

Yeah a wanker who for most of his club career was hated and played utterly turgid football

Great shout.

FFMmr.gif

Barry should be in the England squad. Barry is the best deep lying playmaker England currently have. Barry should've been in the squad even when Gerrard was in as his backup. That he wasn't points to the utter lack of a system in the England setup, that there is no need to even imitate Gerrard's functions in his absence.

At his age Gerrard does a couple of things really, really well, provided the system allows him to do it. Barry isn't far off that niche.

I don't think we got the best out of that role during the World Cup, and it's precisely the thing Rodgers has extracted from him at Liverpool.

Argue whether we need a Gerrard, or a Barry, but given the absence of the former we'll see a significantly different England tonight for better or for worse.

Hopefully it'll be the former because having a more able and youthful midfielder able to move around various positions without relying too much of a system is more likely to work in a team coached by an incompetent fucking owl.

Christ I hate Roy Hodgson.

Said a similar thing to the lads at work. Leaving Barry behind was a travesty.

"Eidur Gudjohnsen will be training with Copenhagen FC for the next days"

nt5j5sS.png

Well I guess it's another striker at least, we only actually got Cornelius right now.

deroli

Yeah so now that it doen't matter anymore there are suddenly half a dozen Dortmund players in the starting eleven.

Fuck you Löw.

"Eidur Gudjohnsen will be training with Copenhagen FC for the next days"

nt5j5sS.png

Well I guess it's another striker at least, we only actually got Cornelius right now.

Chelsea legend! You should be welcoming him with open arms and praying that Jimmy Floyd joins him!

Perhaps Copenhagen could be our next feeder team.

Top Bottom