• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

We got ages m8

I like to finish
copy pasting the thread
early

CNB1W6d.png

Just me or is kyoufu really quiet lol

also what were they saying in the destiny thing, i couldn't quite hear properly.

He just laughed really funny, like he was about to cry or something, when Hixx said Fable was better than Destiny.

Last video, just went through my Webm's. This is what Hixx complains about, penalties, cards and what not, but I am the one FIGHTING for the team

http://a.pomf.se/tsuebv.webm

Does anyone wanna get their ass kicked on FIFA PS4?

If you buy me a ps4 m8

Wilbur

Banned
Is there a PS4 GAF FIFA pro club?

There is; not as many as on PC I think (and doesn't sound as fun) but I'm sure there'll be plenty of games played on 15

I can't remember the name and shit though someone else will have to help

I barely play

I fucking hate FIFA

Facism

Hehe yes. A bit of an ultra TDEP nerd.

lol.

I've seen them like 5 times over the last 10 years i think. Wasn't even a fan until last year. First time was at a System of a Down show in 2002 where the crowd couldn't wrap their heads around the music. eventually we all got told to suck dick lol.

There was an unfortunate incident involving a spoon and a squeeze-bottle of mayonnaise in 2005, too.

i'm fucking old.

genjiZERO

So I've always wanted to get into football. I always enjoy the World Cup, and the occasional match when I can catch one, but have never been able to get into the sport. In part because, as an American, I didn't grow up watching it, so I don't have a team which makes it harder to follow. But I've decided to stop watching American football (for ethical reasons), and I need to fill a sports gap when NBA isn't on.

So what's the best way of going about getting into it? Should I find a team first? Just watch matches?

As far as choosing a team, in other sports I tend to like teams with strong fundamentals, teamwork and sportsmanship. I don't necessarily like underdogs, but I dislike teams that "buy" championships and I find perpetually losing teams to be annoying. Also, I don't like teams that have obnoxious fan-bases or owners.

Facism

So I've always wanted to get into football. I always enjoy the World Cup, and the occasional match when I can catch one, but have never been able to get into the sport. In part because, as an American, I didn't grow up watching it, so I don't have a team which makes it harder to follow. But I've decided to stop watching American football (for ethical reasons), and I need to fill a sports gap when NBA isn't on.

So what's the best way of going about getting into it? Should I find a team first? Just watch matches?

As far as choosing a team, in other sports I tend to like teams with strong fundamentals, teamwork and sportsmanship. I don't necessarily like underdogs, but I dislike teams that "buy" championships and I find perpetually losing teams to be annoying. Also, I don't like teams that have obnoxious fan-bases or owners.

Liverpool sounds like a club for you.

Elchele

welcome, Bla will like your avatar.
you should follow Dortmund in the Bundesliga

Phlebas

Banned

What about perpetually mediocre?

Start with watching Liverpool.

Liverpool have a great team with good individuals who know how to play together and make up for good entertainment.

Yen

I think Liverpool fit your criteria.

Esch

Banned

Just watch matches and decide from there. And if you're an American be a real m8 and support the MLS. Shit is awesome. It's not up to the levels of the euro leagues yet (Serie A soon maybe :moonface:) but it's good fun, and if you live near a team the visit will be incredible. Almost always lots of goals too since defenses aren't quite good yet in the league.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=765539

Bold One

Manchester United, Rose from humble beginnings to become the No1 Sports franchise in world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih2y4vlAViU

:')

"a bit" of an "ultra" TDEP nerd. Wooden would slurp spaghetti out of those dudes' assholes if it were an option.

Who wouldn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AORgPr47_0

The kids face at 2:30 just makes it.

Met them without trying that though a few times... Once back in 2009 I think it must have been, I got my mom to drive me to Berlin so I could see them and it somehow ended up with her on their tour bus as they were like "hey bring her in!!!". What a mess. Halloween in Manchester was worse though, Christ. I was in my greenman costume that somehow mostly survived, it was really hot... Especially as it was in like a basement thing.

The morning after as I had to catch my plane home I could barely move, hadn't eaten for a good 20 hours and been drinking intensively instead all night with two sisters I met. I was crawling through my room trying to get to those hotel biscuits and slowly eating small corners of them just to get something in me. I did full on water poops like 5 times before I could even leave. I'm pretty sure I was the worst person to sit next to on the plane home there, felt bad for the other people.

lol.

I've seen them like 5 times over the last 10 years i think. Wasn't even a fan until last year. First time was at a System of a Down show in 2002 where the crowd couldn't wrap their heads around the music. eventually we all got told to suck dick lol.

There was an unfortunate incident involving a spoon and a squeeze-bottle of mayonnaise in 2005, too.

i'm fucking old.

Hahaha I remember Greg talking about how they had random food thrown at them during the system of a down tour. There's some photo of him somewhere eating a piece of chicken someone threw at him lol. I have never heard the mayonnaise thing though.

I wasn't really a fan until I saw them first time live during the Ire Works tour, but it clicked with me there. Didn't know too much about them, but the show opened up with just extreme energy and a someone getting knocked out with what was a combination of a guitar and knees. I was sold.

Just watch some matches and find who you really enjoy watching and like the players of, thats usually what it comes down to, a name at this point is irrelevant. English Premier League is your best bet, best league in the world.

Top Bottom