• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bonucci went hard on him after yesterday's match well, saying that he needs to improve his character and so on. He's basically Conte's mouthpiece at this point in time, so, yeah. With Zaza and Immobile going good & El Shaa and Destro right behind them ... Gonna be hard for Balo.

Good. I hope he never wears the Azzurri shirt ever again.

Genuine question: what happened?

Injuries
Rushing him back after said injuries as he was too good*
Built up to a serious injury at WC2010
After that he was reluctant to use his pace properly
That doesn't explain why his touch and finishing has fallen off a cliff though. For those, confidence is the only reason I can think of. He's been clearly lacking in mental fortitude ever since the start of 10/11, and it got worse when he went to Chelsea and started poorly.

*rumours that the medical staff were instructed to essentially lie to the coaching staff and say Torres was available when he wasn't, as the higher-ups wanted our biggest asset on the pitch at all times. Don't think that's true though, doesn't make much sense.

Injuries
Rushing him back after said injuries as he was too good*
Built up to a serious injury at WC2010
After that he was reluctant to use his pace properly
That doesn't explain why his touch and finishing has fallen off a cliff though. For those, confidence is the only reason I can think of. He's been clearly lacking in mental fortitude ever since the start of 10/11, and it got worse when he went to Chelsea and started poorly.

*rumours that the medical staff were instructed to essentially lie to the coaching staff and say Torres was available when he wasn't, as the higher-ups wanted our biggest asset on the pitch at all times. Don't think that's true though, doesn't make much sense.

I think he's one of those players who has been heavily psychologically affected by an injury. The body is fine but the mind never really recovers confidence wise.

BxK-tUOCQAAP8Ci.jpg:large

Playing FIFA 15 demo. Aguero scores at The Kop End. City fans burst into "Sheikh Mansour went to Spain in a Lamborghini, brought us back a manager, Manuel Pellegrini."

This. Is. Next. Gen.

I scored a goal with Diego Costa, he runs off and celebrates with Hazard. The camera then zooms in on the bench, where Torres sits and looks real depressed while clapping half arsed.

This. Is. Next. Gen.

Bold One

dat Valencia gif is infuriating, sums him up perfectly as the most limited player in our employ.

United prints money at will, this is why the Glazers will always hover over us

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s/united-set-announce-record-revenues-7744401

Dat Vidal knee

Really surprised we have no injuries after the International break - Everything's coming up Woodward

Destiny is Great, but some people may have expected a (shooter) revolution that wont come the gaf 'LTTP' backlash when the reviews start rolling in is going to be EPIC

Pennywise

Fucking hell, the Fifa 15 demo is alot of fun so far.

Still hate the penalty system, but the keepers are pretty good so far.

Played with Dortmund against Liverpool.

Gonna upload some videos soon.

Tc91

FIFA demo is good, pretty sure I'm going to buy it from what I played, really impressed me.

Goal kick up to Jovetic flicked it down to Aguero, played it out right to Nasri back in to Jovetic and Aguero continued his run into the area played it back to him and cause he was running onto the ball he hit it a bit differently he almost stumbled over but what really impressed me, before the ball even hit the net he was off celebrating.

No janky animations waiting for it to go in all super smooth.

Cleverlols will be gone as well. Replacing Ashley Young and Valencia with a player who deserve those wages. Maybe Fellaini and Nani will get sold.

lots of money that could get freed up.

Anderson will be gone too I think. If we get a CM in January (Strootman) then a CB in the summer, I think if those go then we will go for a winger and another RB.

Just started. Have no idea what the blade dancer is lol.

Aiming to get to level 5.

:lol

It's the Hunter subclass. I have to give up Golden Gun, but I get Arc Blade instead. I think I'll stick with Gunslinger for now. You lose your upgrades too, so I started a Crucible match and forgot I'd changed subclass, so I couldn't even double jump haha. Sucked.

Pennywise

Do you remember where you were?

Yeah penalty system could use some work. I love how you can point with the keeper now though and just be a dick haha.

As keeper I never have that much issues, but I just hate to shoot them.

Anyway, what I really like apart from the improved keepers is, that defenders dont try to keep the ball in the game at all cost, if theyre alone on the wing and one or two people keep on attacking them, they just shoot it off the pitch.

Scum

:lol

It's the Hunter subclass. I have to give up Golden Gun, but I get Arc Blade instead. I think I'll stick with Gunslinger for now. You lose your upgrades too, so I started a Crucible match and forgot I'd changed subclass, so I couldn't even double jump haha. Sucked.

NNNEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDD!

Barzul

The thing that stands out the most about keepers in FiFA 15 is the save animations now look a lot more realistic. They now concede some easy goals where they don't even bother diving. puts a lot of emphasis on good defending now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
he refused to stand behind the tall ballboy :lol what a cunt :lol

BxLLwKnCYAAwPAz.png

embrace your tinyness motherfucker

-

going to Ninja Turtles..ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom