• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Boring friendly, wtf @ all the penalties though. Nice one from Neymar, and thank god Falcao had a nothing game today. United m8s can save your saliva up for the season

jbt6ZeEpbmJrSS.png

Salazar

Scholes m8, shut the fuck up.

Popping up every few days to have a jab at the club - "concerned" about this, "skeptical" about that. Retrain as a postman or something. Buy an easel and some crayons.

Scholes m8, shut the fuck up.

Popping up every few days to have a jab at the club - "concerned" about this, "skeptical" about that. Retrain as a postman or something. Buy an easel and some crayons.

It's been said many times before, but it really is odd that he was so quiet in his playing days, but now we're in the midst of a fucking barrage of simplistic, widely-held opinions dressed up as 'I'm saying what everyone is thinking but afraid to say'

Strikes me as a man who has realised he has no future in coaching, and is making hay while the sun shines

FootballFan

It's been said many times before, but it really is odd that he was so quiet in his playing days, but now we're in the midst of a fucking barrage of simplistic, widely-held opinions dressed up as 'I'm saying what everyone is thinking but afraid to say'

Strikes me as a man who has realised he has no future in coaching, and is making hay while the sun shines

I told you so.

Manager

Bayern Tiki Taka against Manchester City.

Thats fucking crazy :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEPloKKBQnA

The match Pellegrini understood it's fucking stupid to play two pure strikers against modern top class sides (even if you have a fantastic squad yourself), plus no defensive midfielder. Both Negredo and Aguero were just standing, waiting for the ball. Think Muller commented on it too.

Worked better when he played 4-5-1 in Munich with Garcia in the middle.

severin

The silver lining on this shitty cloud is that the fixtures until the derby are totally winnable without Sturridge. Means we would have to abandon the diamond formation which takes Sterling out of the middle though. There's no way will we start with Balo + Lambert/Borini, though I wouldn't mind trying that out for a game. Get to see Lallana and Markovic too.

Lightning

Banned
I hope Wenger gives Ospina his chance in our goal. Not sure if he's better than Szczesny but his stats are better. That's not everything though.

GorillaJu

Figadora or however you spell your name, add me for Destiny poopsocking.

PSN id is wild_whiskey

Anyone else who has wants some good natured nerdery, add me. I will take off my pants and show you your Destiny

@GaryC_W3106
Davide Petrucci has terminated his contract with #MUFC and is now heading for Romania where he will join CFR Cluj. [Di Marzio]

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Am I able to post now?

Cool.

Ipswich fan here. So there's really no point being in a thread about football.

Cya.

Chris Kiwomya tore us apart some years back and since then I have always respected Ipswich.

Blablurn

Am I able to post now?

Cool.

Ipswich fan here. So there's really no point being in a thread about football.

Cya.

When I was a small lad I went for a pint to Ipswich. I met club legend Mick Mills on that day. Since then I never looked back! Ipswitch m8!

Arnie

It's mad how the majority of Sturridge's injuries happen with England.

I wish we could just not fucking send him.

Another reason to despise International football, beyond the obvious.

I need some Wispa bites to calm down. If it's a full blown rupture and he's out for months I won't be held responsible for my actions. If it's just a few weeks of Mario supported by wingers then I'm okay.

Arnie

Where do Lallana and Markovic fit into Liverpool's diamond? Both at the tip, where Sterling plays?

Or in a switch to 433?
Both can play at the tip or out wide.

Hopefully the three around Balotelli will be quite fluid and interchangeable. We need to create havoc in some form and shit the opposition up sufficiently around the obvious Balotelli madness.
Weekends without proper football is awful :(

Least I am off to work today
Terrible, absolutely terrible.

I'm having Wispa Bites and a Sports Direct mug of tea for breakfast.
Then Football Manager.
Then I'm having a steak which I picked up yesterday evening for 75p, reduced down from £4 (with chips).
Then Football Manager.
Then I'm at a house party.

I'd trade all of the above for Liverpool versus Aston Villa.

I would very much like it if international football (outside of WC) was just abolished.

Who wants to see shitty internationals two weeks into the new season..

Arnie

75P Steak sounds lethal to one's health

If I don't eat it in the next ~8 hours it almost certainly will be.

Reduced beyond belief. Last chance saloon. Tesco had no choice. I bought two last night. One's frozen, the other one's going down my throat relatively soon.

#pray4me

noal

Banned
I hope Neymar received CPR swiftly after that awful challenge. Has anybody heard how well he's recovering?

FM 2D match engine Bro here too by the way.

Arnie

How bad is Sturridge's injury? Been out of the loop since it was first announced.

Nobody knows yet.

Telegraph reporting three weeks.

Twitter reporting longer.

Sturridge sounded distraught on Twitter, so it's whether you think that indicates a large injury or just disappointment at missing out on an England qualifier and some important Liverpool fixtures.

Praying for three weeks. Wouldn't surprise me if it was three months.

K1LLER7

13 minutes at the end.

And wow Neymar, is that 10 on your back your squad number or tumble score?
That''s enough time in a friendly lol. Thankfully he didn't get injured. They'll send him back to Manchester now.

Its Lambert's time to shine for Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom