• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
That win was sooooo important.

See you in May at the CL final.

See you there.

ibhsYxL25RQbOB.gif

City are a really poor team in Europe tactically.

They should have shut that game down with 15 minutes left and taken the draw. Fair enough, the goal didn't exactly come about because they left too much space in behind or anything like that but they just don't know how to manage these games.

You're away to Bayern Munich. Suck it up.

I agree with Jack, it was a good game by Bayern. Even with a draw I would have said the same.

Apart from Boateng I quite liked Alaba in his new role.

His work rate in the midfield is incredible. With a bit more seasoning and some better vision/reading of the game he could be a Modric like player.

Scum

FootballFan

yee!!!!!

0 goals conceded so far.

100% wins.

This is the season.

1st in a 2 team league, not 12th.

Using Munir and Sandro, not world cup hype players made for Swiss league.

This is it.

Turok_TTZ

Most English teams are embarrassing in Europe.

Most.

Liverpool will join that hall of shame come the bernabeu and anfield.
But at least you will be well beaten by the defending champions unlike these scrub epl teams that seem to enjoy jobbing to other teams for the sake of jobbing.

leadbelly

Banned
If we were resting Costa, I really don't understand why Remy wasn't starting this game. Oh well, it ultimately shouldn't affect our qualification.

I think it is exactly what I said. Drogba is a legend at Chelsea. I think Mourinho had some romantic dream of Drogba scoring and being the hero.

They would have won without him. Costa's movement and ability to hold up the ball would have given Chelsea an extra dimension. Also he would have pressed them like fuck, which would have sparked the midfield to follow. Drogba wasn't really willing to do that. He doesn't have that kind of energy anymore.

Lightning

Banned
Poor result that for Chelsea. Not a good week for PL teams. Even Liverpool were seconds away from total embarrassment.

Haven't they won every game so far this season though?
Not a great week but hardest games of our group for Arsenal and City now out of the way. Need to beat Bayern and Dortmund in the home games though now if we want to top our groups.

Liverpool will join that hall of shame come the bernabeu and anfield.
But at least you will be well beaten by the defending champions unlike these scrub epl teams that seem to enjoy jobbing to other teams for the sake of jobbing.

We'll lose at the Bernebeau and draw at Anfield. Unless Sturridge or Sterling is injured. Then I'll avoid the result and Sterling's kids will fill every spot in the team by the time I check

Hope Roma make it through and don't bottle it vs City. More than capable of beating them.

Roma will beat them too until they smarten up. I bet City go for the jugular against them and are 2-0 down within half an hour. Save this post. Make it your wallpaper. Laptop and phone. And actual wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom