• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

should have gone with the pic too

industrial-road-salt.jpg

iAikaakkOzQFP.gif

leadbelly

Banned
Fuck that. Europa League football is better than no Europe at all, plus the fact that the winners get a CL spot and we have the depth to compete. With that being said I obviously hope we don't end up in it :)

I think a lot of the big teams probably see it as an obstacle in the way of their ambitions rather than something they seriously want to win. They won't say that, but that is probably what they think. A lot of top teams wouldn't risk their big players in that type of competition.

ShogunX

We already embarrassed the self proclaimed best league in the world. Hahaha still renember yesterday these clowns on british tv talking about how Klopp will take over an EPL club because it's the best league and stuff. Hahahaha.

It's weird that people still get so bothered about the whole ''best league in the world thing''. It's been said many a time but when it comes to entertainment it arguably is the best which is why it has such a massive TV deal and people from all over the globe tune in to watch.

so why does the premier league still get to send all these clown teams to the champions league?

Because the league has the second highest coefficient behind Spain? Germany are closing in but even if they do the league wont lose a spot. It would take something drastic to change seeing as Portugal are 15 points behind.

Wilbur

Banned
Wish Liverpool got a tougher group. They'll inevitably finish second, which disappoints me. Need them third and in the Europa pls.

ShogunX

I think a lot of the big teams probably see it as an obstacle in the way of their ambitions rather than something they seriously want to win. They won't say that, but that is probably what they think. A lot of top teams wouldn't risk their big players in that type of competition.

No doubt a lot of teams and fans look down on the competition but it normally gets a lot better once the tedious group stages are out of the way. Obviously now with there being a CL spot up for grabs and it offering a direct route to the group stages it's also worth a lot of money.

Wilbur

Banned
Soz, your post lost its flavour with all that seasoning.

I had a delicious barbecue peppercorn sauce earlier on a T-bone steak. Ravishing.

Anyway, the point stands. EuropeOG made it sound weird Liverpool won and the others didn't. It wasn't, considering the circumstances.

Don't act so defensive Arnold, please. It doesn't suit you. I like you freewheeling, fun, flighty, relaxed.

leadbelly

Banned
No doubt a lot of teams and fans look down on the competition but it normally gets a lot better once the tedious group stages are out of the way. Obviously now with there being a CL spot up for grabs and it offering a direct route to the group stages it's also worth a lot of money.

Yeah. Things do change if they make it that far. It's more those games away in the Arctic Circle to much lesser teams that they really don't fancy. When you have a big game to play on Saturday, it's just a game a number of top teams really feel they can do without..

That's a bit shit. So basically he can't play in the Champions League without missing the weekend before and the weekend after.

edit: start rather

Eh not sure why it would be that way, he played 57 matches for Atletico last season + World Cup (even if they got knocked out and all), I just don't think he's in a condition to play twice a week as it is right now, especially after coming back from a few small injuries.

operon

5 times champions league winners showing the rest of the premiership teams how it's done. Arnie bossing the thread with the pockets of his snazzy jacket full of his cash bonus.

What a time to be alive.

Wilbur

Banned
I think it is weird that Chelsea didn't win tbf

They'll qualify easily anyway, but they should be beating Schalke at home.

sigh

is it weird that Liverpool won and the other three didn't?

No. The Chelsea result is, but all three of the others went the way most would have predicted, didn't they

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU MERKINS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom