• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Yes it is But you say you mean nothing by it yet you bring up Arsenal, rub our noses in our failures in a conversation that isn't discussing Arsenal and mean nothing by it?

That's like me just out of the blue saying I was at kindergarden the last time Liverpool won the league it was that long ago. Don't mean anything by it, just rub it in for the lols.

Jeez, fine, I meant *something* by it. This is the place for normal, legit banter after all.

Or maybe it's just a case of you having really thin skin when it comes to it.

Lightning

Banned
Jeez, fine, I meant *something* by it. This is the place for normal, legit banter after all.

Or maybe it's just a case of you having really thin skin when it comes to it.
Extremely thin skin. I'm really wound up over the Nomura news and then read your post winding me up even more. :p

Blablurn

Yeah, looks like a next-gen MGS game done right. I don't know if it's going to be the best MGS ever, but it'll be up there, methinks.

That's what I like to hear.

FF XV looks badass too. But I'm not falling for the hype yet. I don't want to experience another FF XIII disaster where the game looks great in trailers, but is bad in real life.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
MASSIVE HEADACHE. Glad I missed all the games last night they all looked boring

what....some new Bloodborne footage????????? *opens his mouth* WHERE ;_; put it inside ;_;

edit: Eh? Why did The Bold One get banned? :lol

Alvaro Morata showed he’s ready to face Milan, scoring a hat-trick in today’s Juventus friendly match.

COME ON COMAN ALLEGRI! DO IT

Lightning

Banned
I think him working on both Kingdom Hearts 3 and Versus/XV is part of the reason they are both still not out.

That along with SE's horrendous management decisions over the last few years.
Impossible to attach blame to any individual because we don't know the facts behind it. What is fact is S-E have released FFXIII, FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns before releasing anything from Nomura. If Square wanted those games from Nomura out they would be out by now, whether they are blaming whoever they like.

Without knowing the details impossible to simply blame anyone but I hate the news with a passion.

Zabojnik

Speaking of Finaru Fantashi, is that PC/Steam version of FFIV worth it?

MASSIVE HEADACHE. Glad I missed all the games last night they all looked boring

what....some new Bloodborne footage????????? *opens his mouth* WHERE ;_; put it inside ;_;

Here. There's a small line though.

BxyuskmCAAAQ07S.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Here. There's a small line though.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxyuskmCAAAQ07S.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

So I just watched the trailer:

-Levels that look and feel DIFFERENT [check] (UNDERWATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
-epically disturbing monster design [check check check]
-NEW WEAPONS [OH BABY]
-Co-op looks gud, but show me 'invasions' -_-

Blablurn

Deep Down
MGS V
Bloodborne ... give me ... now ... D:

also be honest guys, is the new PES (Demo) really that good/ worth it?

Yeah. It took me 2-3 games to realize it. Yes, the presentation is not as good as FIFA. But the gameplay is fantastic. The true successor to PES 6. I recommend it to play it on the higher difficulty btw.

It was a 4 man midfield against a 4 man midfield. They pressed/crowded out Pirlo so somebody else had to provide the pivot from defense to the attacking players. None of Marchisio, Montolivo, or De Rossi knew how to do it.

It wasn't until they put on Thiago Motta that Italy had any semblance of control.

Second best DM my ass.

You are still using an example of a team that were using the two "best" DM versus a team that was using one. You know also seem to have changed the criteria of a pure DM into being someone who creates attacks. That is not what a pure DM would do. As far as reading of the game, tackling and snuffing out attacks. DDR is in the elite tier.

GorillaJu

So I just watched the trailer:

-Levels that look and feel DIFFERENT [check] (UNDERWATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
-epically disturbing monster design [check check check]
-NEW WEAPONS [OH BABY]
-Co-op looks gud, but show me 'invasions' -_-

Combos look awesome, and armor looks darker and less heavy, like the gold hemmed set from DS and much less 'anime' like DS2. That hammer/sword combo looks the shit.

I wanna see invasions too. Gonna wreak fucking havoc.

windfish

Yeah. It took me 2-3 games to realize it. Yes, the presentation is not as good as FIFA. But the gameplay is fantastic. The true successor to PES 6. I recommend it to play it on the higher difficulty btw.

Tr..True successor to PES6??!
dafoe.gif

Man, that is some bold claim my friend, I hope you are right, heck now I am curious!

I actually never had a thing against the presentation in PES, in most of the times it felt more alive then FIFA (I even like the faces more) but gameplay was on another paper...
Also I really suck at football games, but might try that out.
Kinda bummed out that they dropped the Playmaker approach, I loved playing PES on Wii with pointer controlls.

Blablurn

Tr..True successor to PES6??!
dafoe.gif

Man, that is some bold claim my friend, I hope you are right, heck now I am curious!

I actually never had a thing against the presentation in PES, in most of the times it felt more alive then FIFA (I even like the faces more) but gameplay was on another paper...
Also I really suck at football games, but might try that out.
Kinda bummed out that they dropped the Playmaker approach, I loved playing PES on Wii with pointer controlls.

If you don't want to do it for me, do it for Pirlo

BxwOjvJIUAAmQdW.jpg:large

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
am I watching another MGS trailer again? Wasn't that just an in-game cut-scene?

I have a feeling that it's going to be just a Red Dead Redemption with insanely cool characters and bosses, which is not a bad thing, but I want more variety in the environments, please.
Combos look awesome, and armor looks darker and less heavy, like the gold hemmed set from DS and much less 'anime' like DS2. That hammer/sword combo looks the shit.

I wanna see invasions too. Gonna wreak fucking havoc.

The gold hemmed set was one of my favourites <3 AAAAH I can't wait ffs, and you just KNOW that it's going to be the absolute best DS game ;_;

Lightning

Banned
I'm sure he's been off that project for a while. They probably thought he's done enough designing the characters and story, and that Tabata could handle the rest.
Doubt it mate. Past history with S-E will see Nomura leave the company either before or just after KH3 ships. From what I've read the director removal was negative, not mutually agreed.

Clegg

FF XV looks incredible. Hopefully it has that visual level in the full release. Not really surprised that Nomura has dropped out from the project. Certain things have gone against him: his team being diverted to complete dev of FF 13 etc, but as it stands by the time this game is released it will be a decade since its unveiling. As director the buck stops with him.

Zabojnik

I have a feeling that it's going to be just a Red Dead Redemption with insanely cool characters and bosses, which is not a bad thing, but I want more variety in the environments, please.

Did you see the gameplay thing, the Africa mission?

Linius

Last night was pretty great even though PSG had more chances to finish us off. Glad Jasper kept us in it and Schöne saved the day. Almost could have pulled away three points in the end.

And how different can a 1-1 feel? Last year leaving after the Milan game I was devastated, yesterday everyone was in a good mood. So far I still haven't seen Ajax lose while being at the stadium. Looking forward to Barca at home.

GorillaJu

The gold hemmed set was one of my favourites <3 AAAAH I can't wait ffs, and you just KNOW that it's going to be the absolute best DS game ;_;

I dunno about best. But it's more, and Demon's/DS is the only series where I can say that I will always, always want more.

If I ever got 1 billion pounds. I would buy a Ferrari, give both Arsenal and Juve 50 million each to buy a striker, a nice little penthouse in Seoul, keep 20 million for myself, and then give the rest to Kojima to remake MGS1,2 and 3 with the fox engine.

MGSV looks so good. Open world MGS might result in me never leaving my home again.

Carbonox

mgs5
ffxv
bloodborne

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd

tgs is off to a rocking start (and will end there, the rest of the show will be garbage i bet)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If I ever got 1 billion pounds. I would buy a Ferrari, give both Arsenal and Juve 50 million each to buy a striker, a nice little penthouse in Seoul, keep 20 million for myself, and then give the rest to Kojima to remake MGS1,2 and 3 with the fox engine.

MGSV looks so good. Open world MGS might result in me never leaving my home again.

I TRIED to be a Ferrari guy but I couldn't.

I'll always prefer the Lambos, always <3

458 Italia is a step in the right direction though! What a fucking BEAUTY! A beautiful monster, like one of those you encounter in the latter stages of DS, you ALMOST don't want to kill it.......let it exist.....leave it be...

windfish

Dropped my two week old OnePlus One from a height of about 3 foot and broke the flash on it. Bollocks

Aw that sucks, I suppose you weren't using any cover? I bought the Nillkin case, looked and felt pretty good but I just love the feel of the Oneplus back, so I put the case away.
Might reconsider... :/

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Sun on Thursday report that former Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood is possibly heading to Lokomotiv Moscow to become the club’s new manager.

Lokomotiv fired coach Leonid Kuchuk this week after the club have started the season in terrible fashion.

Lokomotiv have just two wins in their opening seven games of the season, while their last six games have been three draws and three defeats.

With a vacancy in their dugout, The Sun claim that ex-Spurs gaffer Tim Sherwood could head to Russia to work his magic. The Sun report:

Tim Sherwood is a shock target to be the new manager of Lokomotiv Moscow. The ex-Tottenham boss is high on the Russians’ shortlist after the sacking of Leonid Kuchuk.

Sherwood v AVB

make it so

Dat MGSV. I wish I could just stop caring about it until the release, I really do. Also, that Bloodborne trailer sold me on the game.

--

Meanwhile: Menez: "I want to win the Scudetto, we can do it." It's nice to want things Jeremy, but that might be too far for like 3-4 years. At best.

Yen

Aw that sucks, I suppose you weren't using any cover? I bought the Nillkin case, looked and felt pretty good but I just love the feel of the Oneplus back, so I put the case away.
Might reconsider... :/

No cover, despite my dad going on about needing one. If the camera continues to work then I'll get over it. Flash doesn't work in camera mode, it does in Snapchat but then the button to take a photo disappears and it crashes. Oh well, Sod's Law.

Anyone going to Eurogamer Expo this year? Only day I can go is the Sunday...lol.

Edit: also...any good deals for Destiny on PS4? Don't mind digital or retail. Couple of my friends irl bought PS4s with it just recently and want me to get it too lol. Dat peer pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom