• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Think the Titan's super is alright. Just make sure you're not in range.

Feels great when you take out 3 or 4 people at once though :D

You'll be fine. It's me and Hitch who let the team down lol.

Speak for yourself bruv

My Legendary armpiece needs a fucktonne of Spinmetal and some other material to fully upgrade :(

Wish you could just buy the timesink materials like that, wandering around Old Russia looking for spinmetal is no fun

QlNhloI.png

Get over it guys now

come on

K1LLER7

Speak for yourself bruv

My Legendary armpiece needs a fucktonne of Spinmetal and some other material to fully upgrade :(

Wish you could just buy the timesink materials like that, wandering around Old Russia looking for spinmetal is no fun
Yeah, would much rather buy materials. At least you can do the patrol missions and any other bounties whilst you look around I guess.

How much spinmetal do you need?

How I'd make Supers work

1) If you have one available, you glow yellow
2) It times out after 30 seconds so players don't exploit the glow to make enemies afraid to take them on in a firefight
3) If you die with one available, it goes down to 2/3 full, same if it times out
4) Armour bonus is 50% for all supers except Bladedancer, which is like 20%

edit: Oh joy, random twitter comments to laugh at

valeo

Completely true. I can't think of any striker that "learned" to finish during his career. Maybe if they're young enough you can try, but with regular professionals? I doubt it.

So you think that they were born with the innate ability to kick a ball into a predetermined space?

Hixx

How I'd make Supers work

1) If you have one available, you glow yellow
2) It times out after 30 seconds so players don't exploit the glow to make enemies afraid to take them on in a firefight
3) If you die with one available, it goes down to 2/3 full, same if it times out
4) Armour bonus is 50% for all supers except Bladedancer, which is like 20%

edit: Oh joy, random twitter comments to laugh at

I'd agree with all of these. Not having a visual indicator of a Super is terrible design imo.

K1LLER7

I'm not talking about gunfights, I'm talking about the animation when you activate it.

Titan super isn't balanced at all.
It is when your characters a Titan :p

Love using the shotgun. There's a risk in having to get so close the the enemy, but once you do, it's great. Sniper can be fun to use too, but I find it a pain to use in PvP.

It is when your characters a Titan :p

Love using the shotgun. There's a risk in having to get so close the the enemy, but once you do, it's great. Sniper can be fun to use too, but I find it a pain to use in PvP.

It's the panic button-ness of it that pisses me off. Also that one time I used golden gun on a mid-super Titan and he didn't die. Fuck that. At least I can golden gun a bladedancer which is very satisfying.

I'm starting to love the Fusion Rifle now. Not as insta-kill as the shotgun, but still pretty good.

Edit: Oh yeah, that Heroic modifier one of you were talking about earlier, you just have to increase the difficulty on the mission. Doesn't even have to be that hard.

K1LLER7

It's the panic button-ness of it that pisses me off. Also that one time I used golden gun on a mid-super Titan and he didn't die. Fuck that. At least I can golden gun a bladedancer which is very satisfying.

I'm starting to love the Fusion Rifle now. Not as insta-kill as the shotgun, but still pretty good.

Edit: Oh yeah, that Heroic modifier one of you were talking about earlier, you just have to increase the difficulty on the mission. Doesn't even have to be that hard.
I might try the fusion rifle again. Got one with 200+ damage stats, may be better to use it for that moon strike mission too.

Thanks! Will check it out tomorrow :)

Danchi

Arsenal being linked with Joseph Yobo, Diego Lugano, and Lassana Diarra who are all free agents.

Would take Diarra, even though I haven't seen him play since he went to Russia. Lugano was really bad at times for West Brom and I have no idea who Yobo's last club even was (Fenerbahce? That seems like ages ago though. Guy must be in his mid-thirties now).

If getting one of the defenders means Kos and Merte could be rested for a League Cup game or something it might be worth it. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel though.

jts

...hate me...
I'm leading GAF's UCL fantasy league.

YES MOYES!!!!!

What are the prizes

oh god this moment

what a time to be etc

Hixx

Though I think I have had my fill of Destiny's loot hunt. Might go in the Crucible when boredom strikes and I want a shooter but I have no desire to rerun the strikes, the Patrols are mind numbingly easy and I'm never going to bother with the raid for numerous reasons.

I got more out of it that I thought I would though, certainly don't regret buying it.

Danchi

Diarra? now there's a blast from the past.

The Express is saying he's been a free agent since the summer, but there's an article from the BBC on deadline say saying Lokomotiv refused to let him go to QPR.

So I don't know if something's changed since then?

Elchele

Arsenal really needs a DM, Diarra would be a good option

Lassana Diarra (born 10 March 1985), nicknamed Lass, is a French footballer of Malian descent who is under contract with FC Lokomotiv Moscow but is not currently registered with the Russian Premier League due to conflict with Lokomotiv's management.

:lol Russia.

King_Moc

Banned
Though I think I have had my fill of Destiny's loot hunt. Might go in the Crucible when boredom strikes and I want a shooter but I have no desire to rerun the strikes, the Patrols are mind numbingly easy and I'm never going to bother with the raid for numerous reasons.

I got more out of it that I thought I would though, certainly don't regret buying it.

I'm at level 22 now, and the gear grind required doesn't seem worth it just to get to that one raid they've put in. Other than that, the only stuff I haven't seen in the game is the same strikes I've already done with tougher enemies. It's a good game, but really needs more unique content once you hit the gear grind stage.

And yeah, patrols are terrible. Just mindlessly dull.

EmiPrime

The Express is saying he's been a free agent since the summer, but there's an article from the BBC on deadline say saying Lokomotiv refused to let him go to QPR.

So I don't know if something's changed since then?

Yeah bit of an odd rumour that one. Can't see it happening.

What a shit, embarrassing situation.

GorillaJu

Any "loot hunt" game can only last for so long. I like Destiny's PvP. It's the best part of the game, and you don't need good loot to succeed or have fun in it. I don't really care about getting legendary or exotic gear. Diablo 3 has me burnt out on the loot treadmill for good.

I'd rather just play the parts I have fun with.

Kikarian

You're gonna need good gear for Iron Banner though. Had a lot of fun with that in the beta.
Iron Banner was great. Can't wait for it to start again.

--

I did the legendary farming earlier for about 6 hours on and off and didn't get a single legendary item.

Game well and truly mugged me off.

Damn, I did it yesterday and managed to get a legendary Fusion Rifle. Every other legendary item I have I bought or got from levelling up the Cryptarch. I think I've found like 3 legendary engrams and the other two turned into Rares. 😒

Zabojnik

How come no top team has gone for Draxler?

We allegedly tried to sign him before he got 'famous', but his family decided against it for reasons, mainly because of how young he was at the time. We tried again a year or two later, but they were already asking for 40M€ or some insane amount like that.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I wonder how much Spanish I can learn watching Spanish girls play Hearthstone, genuinely

inky

Someone tell Moyes that the ConcaChampions is not actually the league he's thinking of. I know, the name can be misleading.

Zabojnik

The Torment teaser looks amazing, Wasteland 2 is out tomorrow, Pillars of Eternity by the end of the year. What a time to be an rpg loving, fuck-you-Destiny player of games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom