• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, to the one asking yesterday (bungie?), Mou confirmed the reason Costa can't play is because of his muscle problem and that it's temporary.

"Costa has a problem and he can’t play three matches in a row at the moment. If he has one week to let the muscle recover he can start a game, like he did after picking up the problem with the national team. But, after playing on Saturday three days is not enough time for him to recover."

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/09/final-whistle-verdict--sense-of-frustration.html

Arnie

Who the fucks is Suso and does he suck.
One of our youth products turned first team fringe player.

Showed lots of promise at an early age but stagnated whilst transitioning to senior sides. Did quite well for a time at Almeria on loan last season but never really set the world alight.

Has a cracking left foot and a lovely touch. Quite slow, though.

woodwardpointing.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11103962/Revealed-How-Manchester-United-used-their-superstar-appeal-to-attract-Radamel-Falcao-and-Angel-di-Maria.html

Radamel Falcao and Angel di Maria completed their recent transfers to Manchester United after being shown the club’s blueprint for transforming them into global superstars.

In an attempt to make Old Trafford the number one destination for the game’s leading players, United are now utilising the strength of the club’s commercial operation and the team’s popularity throughout the world to sell the prospect of new signings being elevated into the top echelon of marketability simply by wearing the red shirt.

Daley Blind, the £13.8m signing from Ajax, has seen his twitter following increase by 72 per cent since arriving at Old Trafford on August 30, with his daily followers rate up a staggering 5,336 per cent during the same period.

Similar leaps in recognition and visibility experienced by the likes of Robin van Persie and Juan Mata following their moves to Old Trafford are now used as proof of United’s ability to create their own brand of galactico in Manchester.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Holy fuck, I'm going to miss our game with Roma for the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW

fucking incredible :lol

Life, bloody hell.

Juventus-scoreboard.jpg

C_3_Media_1575157_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

Best birthday present

L1NETT

Magath also set to be sacked

Yesterday's 5-3 result can't help

Ross McCormack finally scored his first two league goals. Need him to stop them slipping into a serious relegation battle

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Cant wait till Sunday, all the football this week has spoiled me, we must put another good performance in, I dont care if we draw I just want that tempo to continue.

Scum

Magath also set to be sacked

Yesterday's 5-3 result can't help

Ross McCormack finally scored his first two league goals. Need him to stop them slipping into a serious relegation battle

Whoa! It finished 5-3? It was 3-2 to Fulham when I last looked.

Nicktendo86

To underline the appeal to a sponsor of being attached to a United player, one senior executive at the club pointed to a recent signing securing a twelve-fold financial increase on his boot deal within days of completing his move to Old Trafford.

I bet this was Rojo, he tweeted a pic of his new boots the other day.

Blablurn

It won't. It'll be the biggest Miyazaki game. Probably will have the highest PS4 attach rate outside of Destiny and launch titles.

Remote play? RPGs are perfect for that feature.

I think you are overestimating the PS4 crowd. Even with 10m+ sold games, I still think that most of those come from Casual guys who don't usually play Dark Souls or Bloodborne. Dark Souls 2 succeeded because of the huge install base.

Jack cw

Why are people excited for FF15?

The last few have been shit
Because of its director and writer. People with no vision and way to much proud and with their own creation and of course, SEs new philosophy. FF15 doesnt seem to be any better, but the scnario writer, director had a way better track record than the team surrounding 13 and its sequels.
I think you are overestimating the PS4 crowd. Even with 10m+ sold games, I still think that most of those come from Casual guys who don't usually play Dark Souls or Bloodborne. Dark Souls 2 succeeded because of the huge install base.
Bloodborne will sell, every Sony IP sold at least 5 million in its lifetime, but outside of core gamers it wont appeal to many. This will be a game like Demons Souls, where over the time more and more people are going to witness the GOAT. System sellers will be CoD, BF, MGS, AC, GTA and all.

One of our youth products turned first team fringe player.

Showed lots of promise at an early age but stagnated whilst transitioning to senior sides. Did quite well for a time at Almeria on loan last season but never really set the world alight.

Has a cracking left foot and a lovely touch. Quite slow, though.

Thanks.

Sure sounds like a Serie A player.

Blablurn

Gazzetta dello Sport say UEFA will confirm today that the San Siro will host the Champions League final for the 4th time in 2016.

RQcBFZy.gif

YES.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Wooow

Never seen that, here is is regardless

Radamel Falcao and Angel di Maria completed their recent transfers to Manchester United after being shown the club’s blueprint for transforming them into global superstars.

In an attempt to make Old Trafford the number one destination for the game’s leading players, United are now utilising the strength of the club’s commercial operation and the team’s popularity throughout the world to sell the prospect of new signings being elevated into the top echelon of marketability simply by wearing the red shirt.
Daley Blind, the £13.8m signing from Ajax, has seen his twitter following increase by 72 per cent since arriving at Old Trafford on August 30, with his daily followers rate up a staggering 5,336 per cent during the same period.

Similar leaps in recognition and visibility experienced by the likes of Robin van Persie and Juan Mata following their moves to Old Trafford are now used as proof of United’s ability to create their own brand of galactico in Manchester.

Statistic analysis and commercial data amassed by the club, seen by the Daily Telegraph, highlights United’s ability to propel its players into a new stratosphere of earning potential off the pitch and the numbers are now part of a presentation given to transfer targets and their advisors in an effort to convey what the club believe is their unique ability to turn leading players into the most recognisable footballers in the world.
Related Articles

“A player will always sign for Manchester United, first and foremost, because it is Manchester United,” claimed a representative of one first-team player at Old Trafford. “But is the club’s commercial power part of the attraction? Absolutely.
“Players and their advisors know that, by playing for United, doors are thrown open for you when it comes to sponsorships and incentives such as boot deals.”
To underline the appeal to a sponsor of being attached to a United player, one senior executive at the club pointed to a recent signing securing a twelve-fold financial increase on his boot deal within days of completing his move to Old Trafford.

With rivals such as Chelsea exploiting their London base as the carrot for players mulling over the prospect of a move to the Premier League, United believe that their vast global following and the determination of companies worldwide to be attached to the club enables them to offer a unique incentive to players considering a move to the north-west.
When commercial director Richard Arnold spoke two years ago of the club viewing its playing squad as being ’25 George Clooneys,’ it was a statement based on United’s presence in the living rooms of supporters in all four corners of the globe.

“Our games are shown in 1.1 billion homes across the globe and you think ‘which film does that 60 times a year?” Arnold said. “Be it George Clooney or Brad Pitt, what is there where that is shown? There just isn’t anything like it.”

When Aon launched its sponsorship with United in June 2013, hits to the company’s website increased over 150 per cent, with traffic up as much as 500 per cent on match-days.

On the day of Falcao’s loan transfer to United from AS Monaco last month, Google recorded an increase of 909 per cent on searches for the Colombian in comparison to the day of his move to the French club from Atletico Madrid in 2013.
And there was an even greater spike in interest following the £59.7m signing of Di Maria from Real Madrid, with Google searches up by 1111 per cent compared to when he completed his move to the Bernabeu from Benfica in 2010.

Van Persie, one of the leading players in the country during his time at Arsenal, has topped the Premier League shirt sales chart in each of his two seasons at United, yet he failed to make the top five in any year during his eight years at the Emirates.
Mata, a £37.1m signing from Chelsea in January, entered the shirt sale top ten for the first time following his move from Stamford Bridge and, during the 2013-14 campaign, United players accounted for 40 per cent of the top ten global shirt sales.

Wayne Rooney, recognised by Repucom as the most marketable English footballer in the world, signed his new five-year contract at United in February on the same £250,000-a-week basic salary of his previous deal.

But the England captain also negotiatated an ‘x-factor’ element in his contract, with the club agreeing to place its commercial team at Rooney’s disposal to enable him to secure lucrative personal endorsements on the back of United’s global pull.
It is a pull that sees United account for 51 per cent of the Premier League’s entire worldwide television audience, claim 57 million followers on Facebook and why over £300m is generated for the club’s commercial partners through press coverage alone.
United are now playing the same numbers game to win the race for new signings.

Fuck me guys I want a PS4 now. Between this footage of Driveclub (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_162u_Cg7qg#t=586), the FFXV trailer (wish it was more traditional, medieval looking like FFIX), Bloodborne, and the footage of gameplay from NHL 15, I'm starting to look at my PS3 and be all like "what the fuck is this shit?"

So, today, I'm proud to announce I'm launching my kickstarter.......... :(

Pennywise

Fuck me guys I want a PS4 now. Between this footage of Driveclub (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_162u_Cg7qg#t=586), the FFXV trailer (wish it was more traditional, medieval looking like FFIX), Bloodborne, and the footage of gameplay from NHL 15, I'm starting to look at my PS3 and be all like "what the fuck is this shit?"

So, today, I'm proud to announce I'm launching my kickstarter.......... :(

Elsk might give you some tips on how to beg properly.

GorillaJu

The people that have PS4s in February 2015 are mostly early adopters and thus hardcore gamers, so a large percentage of the audience will buy it. I think it'll be a really big release. It won't be as big as Destiny but it'll be really big.

Salazar

Bxzwj0JCQAEy7c7.jpg:large

Poor Wes seems to be taking quite the ribbing for his TV appearance yesterday.

Wickham has decided to look as ridiculous as possible.

It's like when you draw a head with a pencil and it takes you a few outlines to get things right. His head has multiple outlines.

MGSV looks so good

What happened where he threw the grenade in the air, and it somehow destroyed the helicopter? Guessing Quiet somehow diverted the grenade, but not sure how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom