• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

For the non-WhatsApp gang.

I had some of this yesterday,

MrVikkis-kingnaga-New.jpg

On the side it says "Probably the hottest natural chilli pickle in the UK"
I instantly regretted it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If I were 10 years younger I would be into that shit. Probably even doing a stream. Nowadays though? Nah

I might be close to 10 years older than you and ive never been this happy :3

Arnie

Had two 660ml Peronis at work since 4pm. Buzzing now. Have two 330ml bottles in the fridge. And I've got Everton v Wolfsburg. Watching with an Everton fan, going to wind him right up.

Jesus, Hitcher made me want to try Demon Souls again. Bought it once upon a time, played the first level, flogged it to my brother for £4 under the asking price.

And here's a mad statement: the Final Fantasy trailer looked good. That's bananas.

dc89

For starters, The Nexus in DeS feels like a genuinely peaceful kind of purgatory, where little changes, there is no hope for anyone, but it's better than the areas linked to it. The NPCs in The Nexus are really interesting to listen to, with delightfully bizarre mannerisms and voice acting. It's kind of beautifully dismal.

The Tower of Latria is probably the best level in Demon's Souls, a prison full of lost souls and genuinely worrying enemies who are fucking terrifying when they run at you. And it's easy to get lost in there if you're not paying attention, and that adds to the way that every corner you turn in petrifying, as you never know what is coming until you've already played it once. And there's no checkpoints to lean on and make you careless, if you're not switched on, you'll be punished, so every single corridor traversed feels like a victory.

I can't even really go on about Dark Souls like this, since the entire first two thirds of the game is basically a sequence of wonderful locations. It loses it's way ocasionally when they give you areas designed to annoy the player, which is a misguided attempt to remind players that the game is harsh and punishing, but generally it's boss to look at. Maybe not the sharpest game, but the art and overall aesthetic is incredible imo.

Maybe it's just not for you, but there's a reason so many people have Souls-related art as their avatars/wallpaper/screensavers etc, and it's not just because nerds have an annoying habit of being desperate to let everyone else know how nerdy they are :p

Ok, maybe I should give it another go. Sounds boss.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I'm back to work in a couple of hours after 9 days off

#nothappy

:(

If I had just £2m, I'd retire in a flash

You just need to think like a 5 year old and hold onto childish wonder. And be autistic.

Had two 660ml Peronis at work since 4pm. Buzzing now. Have two 330ml bottles in the fridge. And I've got Everton v Wolfsburg. Watching with an Everton fan, going to wind him right up.

Jesus, Hitcher made me want to try Demon Souls again. Bought it once upon a time, played the first level, flogged it to my brother for £4 under the asking price.

And here's a mad statement: the Final Fantasy trailer looked good. That's bananas.

Do you ever have weekend family plans made without you, then you worry that it overlaps with a Liverpool game, then you check the fixture list and see that it doesn't, and it feels like a victory?

cos that just happened to me :p

Is there a twitch market for bad Dota players?

Arnie

Do you ever have weekend family plans made without you, then you worry that it overlaps with a Liverpool game, then you check the fixture list and see that it doesn't, and it feels like a victory?

cos that just happened to me :p

Is there a twitch market for bad Dota players?
I don't have many family plans down here in London. And I ain't got a girlfriend so that never gets in the way.

In the past when I have had plans I always find a way to watch. Had some particularly big clashes with my dad who doesn't really like footy when I've stressed the importance of watching the match. Will regret it one day.

Mr Cola

Castro spent over £1000 on fifa points yesterday just to do this

Suen

Arnie, you and me, Demon Souls. Let's do it m29.

Mr Cola

EA should be arrested, FUT is just crack

Hopefully it wont be as stupid as last year now they banned coin sellers, should make the market much more even especially for people who join late, I started playing a few months back and every team in div 10 had full golds/rares and totw players.

How can you compete with that with a bronze team?

dc89

PewDewPie's wealth does my head in.

Annoying cunt.

My gf is into watching all these vloggers and stuff and she watches a girl who is friends with his gf and he was in one of the videos. I recognised his voice and was like...ffs. It's him His gf is pretty hot though, some Italian chick iirc.

I was saying to her that I reckon they all get together and talk about how they can maximise how much money they earn by featuring each other in videos and stuff. It was at that point my gf showed me that these people have agents and are managed etc. She proceeded to show me a video one of them made when they were at some concert and they literally had people going nuts to get at them. Screaming & crying etc, so much so that the security in the stadium had to move them from their box as a crush was being caused with people trying to get close. It was so bizarre. I wouldn't know any of them if I knocked em over but fuck me, I ain't seen anything like it.

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhHaZf41OyU#t=234

This legit fucking terrifies me. I mean, really?!

Had no idea Kacaniclic was at Copenhagen

Wonder how his career would've gone if that cunt hadn't turfed him out for Paul fucking Konchesky

He signed a contract extension with fullham and was then loaned out to us for a season. He also had a loan offer from Southampton and almost went to them, but ended up going here because he was secured game time.

NICOLAAAAAAAAAI JØRGENSEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom